THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Real floridians cry when they here this song. If you love this state like I do you can't help but love this song. Florida born and raised and proud of it !!

20231001_091504.jpg

Heading out in the little boat....43 tiara !! Its been a good little boat for our casual approach to fishing !!

Mornin all.

The little Masey Harris Pony went for a thousand. Buyer bought it to flip , and flip he did. Made $300 before leaving the property. A friend of the lady having the sales grandson. Crazy people.
He missed it being auctioned.
Neighbor ponied up loan money for the pony as the guy was gone by the time the buyer was tracked down.
Tractor could end up in his yard yet! l.o.l..
Auction house (a local guy running auctions a long time and he's good about dealing with folks)had a recommendation for a tractor guy (nope , wasn't me. We've met but he doesn't know all my skills , ha ha ha.) and the guy had been to the property before. Regarding the same tractors perhaps.
Anyways he had the Pony running and the auction folks pulled stuff around with it before the auction..
Alls well. The widowed lady did alright. And the little tractor didn't go for a couple hundred without me being there.

Watch the gals hands on the steering wheel in the video. Her thumbs in particular.
She's not going to get a thumb injured if the wheel thunks rapidly one way or the other.
Well done. Same with a hand crank to start an engine. No thumb wrapped around the crank in case it kicks back.

Last edited:
I had a miserable night of sleep, if you call it that. My back, hips and now my neck, are just screaming in pain! Beautiful day out but I have chosen to spend my morning on my detector setup. First thing I did was to lower my arm rest. Actually, I did not know that I could. I was going to take the PITA thing off. I seen the other hole and poof that helped. Then I cut a piece of swimming noodle off and then that piece in half and trimmed to fit. Then put my Polish spin on attaching it. I spent a lot of trial and error to come up with a shoulder strap. I always wear the Fanny pack. I finally figured out how to incorporate that. Now I’m going to work on the stretchy band. I let you guys know what works.

IMG_4205.jpeg

Edit: please note, Sir WHADI, that I have No open adjustment holes left. The hanger is a no. And I don’t drill.

Good afternoon everyone. Was out at a antique flea market they have once a year out in the central valley hills. Bought my first treasure at one of these. I think I finally did well with my knowledge. I don't want to get too excited everytime I do I'm wrong and I end up embarrassed but we shall she what you guys think.

Paid 5 bucks for this. I have learned a lot about glass and bottles watch a ton of privys dug. Sodas I know are sought after as they were never meant to be kept. I don't think the guy knew what he had if I'm correct. I hope I'm correct lol

Attachments

• 20231001_115955.jpg
    20231001_115955.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20231001_120003.jpg
    20231001_120003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 20231001_120009.jpg
    20231001_120009.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20231001_120012.jpg
    20231001_120012.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20231001_120017.jpg
    20231001_120017.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20231001_120023.jpg
    20231001_120023.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20231001_120059.jpg
    20231001_120059.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
I had a miserable night of sleep, if you call it that. My back, hips and now my neck, are just screaming in pain! Beautiful day out but I have chosen to spend my morning on my detector setup. First thing I did was to lower my arm rest. Actually, I did not know that I could. I was going to take the PITA thing off. I seen the other hole and poof that helped. Then I cut a piece of swimming noodle off and then that piece in half and trimmed to fit. Then put my Polish spin on attaching it. I spent a lot of trial and error to come up with a shoulder strap. I always wear the Fanny pack. I finally figured out how to incorporate that. Now I’m going to work on the stretchy band. I let you guys know what works.

View attachment 2107700

Edit: please note, Sir WHADI, that I have No open adjustment holes left. The hanger is a no. And I don’t drill.
Well if nothing else, yours is certainly colorful!

Since you've used up all the holes, you could consider something that goes around the pipe.
1696194076931.png

Maybe not this particular style but you get the idea?

You'll figure it out. I have faith.

View attachment 2107700

One thing. Don't make the band a permanent hook up. There are times when you'll want to unhook the band. Like, while digging.

And BTB why do you have your Detector shaft set so short? 🤔

This I thought was kind of neat not my buy but my step father bought it. Don't see much Dr Pepper signage around. Pepsi, Coca Cola and 7 Up are seen quite a bit. I thought it was cool.

Attachments

• 20231001_164323.jpg
    20231001_164323.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back