THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning gang, or what's left of it!
Got up early to drive 1.5 hours to buy a vintage motorcycle from a guy on Facespook Marketplace. Made plans 3 days ago, and the jerk ghosted me today, cash in hand and my day shot!
People nowadays.

That's an awesome experience to get no matter what. Really cool stuff. I've watched a lot of Coyote early stuff lol I laugh at the fake pain reactions but I know one has to be entertaining. I as a critter guy have been bit by many things and some of the stuff he got bit by. My pain tolerance is low and yeah some of that isn't that painful. But like I said I understand the reaction gets view tis show biz. Dummy me catches and gets bit by critter for free(unintentional bites lol) funniest thing most pain bite for me has been from the bold jumping spider. You'd not expect that but yeah like 30 minutes of a throbbing pain through my whole hand. I'm quite careful when I catch those buggers now lol.
We have the resident Garder snake. We have the resident frog that sits below the garage light.
Haven't seen either for a while.
Cleaning up behind the garage and we'll hello.
Missed the action shot where the snake had the frog up to the fat body.
He spit it out and looked somewhat peeved at my interruption.
Frogs front leg is a tad injured, hopefully it will heal.

Attachments

• 20230930_124709.jpg
    20230930_124709.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Blimey! Would ya look at that hair!?!?😝🤬😳🤪🙃🤣
This could be my Halloween profile pic!
Up here you could pass as a candy striper.
(Young gals that helped out in the hospital wards)
(I'm sure glad reread this and I took that extra P out of that word)

He is one of the influencers to get me scuba diving. I was going to post a thread of influencers, but there’s so many. Since I have joined here, I have gotten into a lot of the “treasure hunting “ that this site hosts.
It all started with finding a cobalt blue bromo seltzer bottle that was worth about $5.00 at the time.
Yeah, but have you even tried to make strap for your Detector yet? 😇

We have the resident Garder snake. We have the resident frog that sits below the garage light.
Haven't seen either for a while.
Cleaning up behind the garage and we'll hello.
Missed the action shot where the snake had the frog up to the fat body.
He spit it out and looked somewhat peeved at my interruption.
Frogs front leg is a tad injured, hopefully it will heal.
There was no way he'd be able to eat that guy anyways. It will be fine toads are tough critters

Nope. I’m a procrastinator. It is still on the “to do” list.
I have the thread bookmarked. Plastic hangers I have. The rubber therapy band I have. Of course, I am using them for therapy still. Lol. The back thingy I need to get.

Yes Milady, I'll endeavor to explain.

I made this strap myself but I'm sure there are plenty out there.

What I did was take one of those "posture fixing braces" (common on tv). It was doing nothing but sitting in an old box.

So, I cut off a hook from an old plastic hanger, mounted it to the shaft of my Detector, using the adjustment holes already there. Then, I got one of those exercise straps for making 💪. Connected the 2 ends to a corner of the shoulder strap on the vest. Loop the rubber tube around the hook and viola!

Gotta admit...I couldn't walk my usual 3-4 hours without it!!

Hope that helps!

I have the thread bookmarked. Plastic hangers I have. The rubber therapy band I have. Of course, I am using them for therapy still. Lol. The back thingy I need to get.
Hear is an easy.
One velcro strap with a loop.
20230930_202101.jpg

Now go to Mr WD's assorted bungie cord stash.
Get one that is long enough, but just makes the detector float.
Put velcro strap on shaft of detector, hook bungie cord on loop.
Attach other on pouch strap, or another strap that would go over shoulder.
Done this many times while swinging the 6lb Minelab for 10 hrs a day for 10 days straight.
Really helps, easy to hook up and off, and affordable.

Just trying to be of assistance, milady.

Surprising how much it takes away the weight. 👍

Of course...this is just one way. Must be a thousand or more. One thing though. Design it so that the cord doesn't continually rub the box when swinging. Doesn't hurt anything right away but bumping that box continually can cause damages/loose screws.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back