THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Farmall Cub C-60 engine #1 valve struck. Stuck!
No compression in that cylinder.
Pulled valve cover and valve doesn't want to free up yet.
To access it through the plug hole requires a lot of tear down I don't want to do in the dirt.
Will try more through the valve cover but the dry part is in the cylinder....Wanting a brass rod to gently tap on it with.

Here ya go!
1696016742718.png

To access it through the plug hole requires a lot of tear down I don't want to do in the dirt.
Will try more through the valve cover but the dry part is in the cylinder....Wanting a brass rod to gently tap on it with.
Spray it with blaster, tap with soft metal rod & hammer?

Saw this yesterday
Stopped and asked.
RC it can be yours for $6400.00 Canadian
(I'm still checking my shorts)
It would have been great to have added a picture.
20230928_164339.jpg

Last edited:
Spray it with blaster, tap with soft metal rod & hammer?
Managed to get a screwdriver in the plug hole without removing the tank ect..Just happened to be enough room above that cylinder.
About two inches to swing a wrench as a hammer to tap on the valve felt out on one side.
Sprayed in plug hole and valve from the bottom below the head where access plate to valves was removed.
About the 5th time the valve was pushed up when turning the engine by hand and then tapped back down with the screwdriver; I could push it backdown through the plug hole by hand alone.
A few more cycles of the engine and the valve was returning by it's spring good.

Black muddy soot out the exhaust stack. Been there before..
I had pulled the muffler and ran it straight pipe for this operation.
I backed away till it stalled out. Still got splattered.
Then when it started again it was drier.
Drove it up on concrete and turned the gas off.

Managed to get a screwdriver in the plug hole without removing the tank ect..Just happened to be enough room above that cylinder.
About two inches to swing a wrench as a hammer to tap on the valve felt out on one side.
Sprayed in plug hole and valve from the bottom below the head where access plate to valves was removed.
About the 5th time the valve was pushed up when turning the engine by hand and then tapped back down with the screwdriver; I could push it backdown through the plug hole by hand alone.
A few more cycles of the engine and the valve was returning by it's spring good.

Black muddy soot out the exhaust stack. Been there before..
I had pulled the muffler and ran it straight pipe for this operation.
I backed away till it stalled out. Still got splattered.
Then when it started again it was drier.
Drove it up on concrete and turned the gas off.
Wet black soot, been there wore that.
Stack covers are priceless
20230929_181411.jpg

Good to hear that you have got it going

Wet black soot, been there wore that.
Stack covers are priceless View attachment 2107445
Good to hear that you have got it going

It has a stack cover. Both the Cubs do.
Might be at the lower joint of muffler to/at pipe off manifold where water gets in. A spot on the hood touches it there and might track water.

Magneto trips right at timing mark on fan pulley and pointer intersection. Hinting timing is right on. Feeling for compression stroke to establish T.D.C. is where no compression was confirmed on that cylinder.

I really enjoyed this video. Born in Florida within the sight of water I cannot conceive why anyone would live in that kind of harsh environment. It is beautiful, and I admire the resiliency of people like him. I prefer warm evenings with Irish whiskey.
Didn’t you say you lived in Ohio for a while?
I have thought about “why do people live where they live?” Periodically for years.
Seen this the other day and I can relate.

1696036555539.png

I have a hankering for chili, but it is going to be in the 80’s again. That’s too hot for chili. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back