THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

A sink hole in the field. Neither of these pics do it justice. It’s fairly large.

View attachment 2107106

View attachment 2107107

A snake who was too fast for me to get a decent picture.

View attachment 2107108

Some sort of bee. I was the one slithering away fast, hence the blurry picture.

View attachment 2107109

Your bee loaded with pollen. Not wanting any trouble. Just a hard worker working hard . Trying as a worker be must,
But why grounded?
A below ground nest? (A mole tunnel can be the start of one). But yours might be a honey bee. Making a below ground not real likely.
Maybe it's tired? It is hauling a heavy load. One of an amazing number in it's life.
Which might be another factor, It has been a long summer for a very busy aging bee.

Good luck lil bee.
Maybe you regained flight. I wouldn't want to jinx it and recheck you later.
I see your distant cousins expire on my ramp sometimes. near lowers and where shade can be had. Or sun sometimes for night damped wings.
Life just gets sleepy sometimes. That's alright. You all worked really well.

It's been awhile since we've seen any real rain here as well.
Plenty of dew in the mornings and it's been heavy.
Even in the shaded area by late afternoon it can be still wet.
Fields are bone dry though, and will take some good moisture to make them detector/shovel friendly.
Good thing is the farmers might do the cropping a tad early this year.
Might extend the hunting season for once, wishful thinking always.

View attachment 2107115
I go work on the tractor it rains.
Three days on andoff.
I'm tempted to fake going toward the covered tractor , but it probably takes removing the tarp first.

Rained good during the night. Arrived from the East though?

I still hate it not because the work part I've never minded work. It's more all the stress and getting confused when it comes to memorizing things. About 60 people to serve and have to remember so much and I have problems with that. There's also so much to remember set up wise that I'm just not getting. So still just not feeling confident with it
Silverware , napkins, something to drink , and ....And something... Food! Yeah that's it!

Week one.
You're welcome.

Week two,
What do you mean I'm not being served while I eat? I'm sitting in the dining area aren't I?

Week three . JVA receives random chat visitors.

Releventchair finds this “useful.” I can just imagine you are going to make one of these up for the next time the vet and/or doctor asks you to bring in a stool sample.

1695834004491.gif

Releventchair finds this “useful.” I can just imagine you are going to make one of these up for the next time the vet and/or doctor asks you to bring in a stool sample.

View attachment 2107160
Looks better than my bagging those little plastic table/stools from takeout pizzas...
Which is better than wondering around outside waiting for a dog to make a stool. Thier lack of opposable thumbs makes for very crude furniture.

The Mrs texted me and gas was cheaper. Loaded up 5 Jerry cans headed out.
Got gas lotto ticket.
Decided on an ice cream cone.
Ran down to the parlor.
3 scooper, see farmer on the 🚜 quick stop.
Asked permission for some leased land, he's going to ask the owner.
(Owner deer hunts there) bloody nerve.

Another farmer had pulled up, beans were the topic, he over heard my permission asking me if I ever found anything in the back.
Nope
Well did you try the pasture?
Didn't ask permission.
Well you hunt it all you want.
Getting cut tomorrow.
The other farmer asked what I was looking for, I told him.
Well I have 1 place, no there's 2, wait there's 3, permission said what about..... ok there's 4 places. Where do live?
I'll be there in 45 Pepper and I will show you the sites.
Bye I'll be there in 45.
They just keep coming to me.

Your bee loaded with pollen. Not wanting any trouble. Just a hard worker working hard . Trying as a worker be must,
But why grounded?
A below ground nest? (A mole tunnel can be the start of one). But yours might be a honey bee. Making a below ground not real likely.
Maybe it's tired? It is hauling a heavy load. One of an amazing number in it's life.
Which might be another factor, It has been a long summer for a very busy aging bee.

Good luck lil bee.
Maybe you regained flight. I wouldn't want to jinx it and recheck you later.
I see your distant cousins expire on my ramp sometimes. near lowers and where shade can be had. Or sun sometimes for night damped wings.
Life just gets sleepy sometimes. That's alright. You all worked really well.
I thought it looked like he was packing.

Went out to an old mill site in the forest that's just lousy with square nails. Took a magnet to try and clear a little area to detect. All these nails and stuff came from this 3-4 foot circle! Once I cleared it with the magnet down to about 8 inches I fired up the detector. Nothing! Arghhh!

Attachments

• IMG_5798.jpeg
    IMG_5798.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5797-1.jpeg
    IMG_5797-1.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5799-1.jpeg
    IMG_5799-1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5800-1.jpeg
    IMG_5800-1.jpeg