THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Thank you.

Yeah, GW has gotten a lot smarter about pricing the stuff. I paid $6.99 for this piece and I think it’s pretty close to market price (if not over). I just can’t pass up some stuff. Lol $4.99 for the jar.
For single purchase for sealers it's a fair price.
Now should make you glow.
Screenshot_20230914_214532_Chrome.jpg

My humble collection, not sure if the marble is uranium glass or just the white glows.

Attachments

• 20230914_200004.jpg
    20230914_200004.jpg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230914_200043.jpg
    20230914_200043.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
The marble is cool! I didn’t think about marbles being uranium. You keep a better house than me. All my dust particles glow! Hahaha
I found the marble where a mining town once stood way back when. Nothing left of it now. Lots of shards of uranium glass I also found around there. No idea it was uranium glass till it just happened to be near the black light. Not sure if it's a common or rare variant

Can’t sleep. My back is hurting bad! Does anyone know what goes into a Mai Tai?

Ah yes! RUM! Rum is the main ingredient! I need the Captain’s rum, you know, er, uh, for medicinal purposes.

*** CLINK*** CLANK***

Ah feeling better already. Nighty nights!

🥱

Ooh wait! Ms Blossom should be awakening a time now! So’s a hearty Good morning for you!

🙋‍♀️

That far peak is Lookout Mtn in Tn. Where the civil war battle above the clouds was fought. I got rain for 5 minutes with my new umbrella. It was a welcome reprieve. You guys have a super day as another one begins for me.
Cheers
TnMtns
71598023465__EC2C575D-4BC1-4EC8-80FB-66698F5E3CEA.jpg
71598023465__EC2C575D-4BC1-4EC8-80FB-66698F5E3CEA.jpg

I've been pouring over go pro images one frame at a time, and I may have the muzzle of a bronze gun just peaking out of some ballast, sand, and grass !! Rarely have I swam up on something as Virgin as this latest wreck I'm obsessed over. GCP, and WD have seen the video on IG, but the more I pull images from the video the more I see.....2 flint locks, fused coins, and a possible bronze/brass swivel gun.....maybe some olive jar parts too......in the past I've thought I was crazy thinking this stuff. Like who would believe that a lump of rock on the bottom is actually a statue.....no one but me.....and I hummped it all the way home to prove the point. View attachment 2105082View attachment 2105083
So now no one really doubts me when I say.....dude....there's thousands of encrusted objects down there....even when they can't see it !! So I'm "SEEING" encrusted and partially buried "OBJECTS" mixed into the ballast and surrounding sand and grass !! I don't think it's ever been seen before !! Almost certainly it was buried until hurricane irma. It was stipped clean and exposed after that, and then I found it 4-5 years later !! Its incredible and I'm going back soon, now that I have a boat !!
How do you get the crust off fragile objects?
That's a great looking image of the head sticking out. 👌
Best of luck on the recoveries.
Crazy looking lumps not knowing what you have inside them.
Kind of like Xmas presents xxxxxx's over.

Gently tapping the crust with various shaped tools, and a soaking in muriatic acid will eventually dissolve all encrustation to reveal the object.....if I have a real good one that I think has objects of value in it.......then I can take it to my dentist who will x-ray it for me.

I feel like at my age I must be at the top of my game at EO identification. I can be towed behind the boat, and identify encrusted objects that are man made with great ease now. Most people won't see it as we glide over the bottom, but my boss and Co workers have very little doubt about what im saying now. In fact my boss has a pretty good understanding about how I am doing this and is now pointing out things to me underwater. This is hands down my greatest contribution to any treasure operation I work with !!

This statue turned out to be a "black mammy" cast iron penny bank !
photo-372.JPG

Here it is after opening and some chipping and cleaning. You can see the coin slot and screw hole to hold the halves together.
photo-469.JPG

Here is a large EO it had several silver objects inside.....including an ornate silver spoon bowl !! Later we went on to find an encrusted gold pocket watch in the shallow water.
photo-400.JPG
photo-418.JPG

Gently tapping the crust with various shaped tools, and a soaking in muriatic acid will eventually dissolve all encrustation to reveal the object.....if I have a real good one that I think has objects of value in it.......then I can take it to my dentist who will x-ray it for me.

I feel like at my age I must be at the top of my game at EO identification. I can be towed behind the boat, and identify encrusted objects that are man made with great ease now. Most people won't see it as we glide over the bottom, but my boss and Co workers have very little doubt about what im saying now. In fact my boss has a pretty good understanding about how I am doing this and is now pointing out things to me underwater. This is hands down my greatest contribution to any treasure operation I work with !!

This statue turned out to be a "black mammy" cast iron penny bank ! View attachment 2105172
Here it is after opening and some chipping and cleaning. You can see the coin slot and screw hole to hold the halves together. View attachment 2105173
Here is a large EO it had several silver objects inside.....including an ornate silver spoon bowl !! Later we went on to find an encrusted gold pocket watch in the shallow water.View attachment 2105174View attachment 2105175
What era would the coin bank be from?

Ahoy all ye salty sea dawgs 😆xx hope ur all feeling that funky friday feelin 😆 xx 🤗

Exciting news from our humble hunt for treasure… 2 new fields for sunday.. roman villa one end… roman field system the other 😎…!! The excitement is real …. Altho have found fields that should be full given the history low results… fields completely unknown.. give us the most 🤔… but everytime im released from the truck… my heart
beats that bit faster 😆 xx

(Pic added… 2 blue markers denote Roman activity 😆) Red lines are our fields.. Xx

Attachments

• IMG_8999.jpeg
    IMG_8999.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back