THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

View attachment 2105068
My view from the poling platform....doing what I do.....guiding anglers to fish !!
bliss
[blis]

NOUN
  1. perfect happiness; great joy:
    "she gave a sigh of bliss"
    synonyms:
    joy · pleasure · delight · happiness · gladness · ecstasy · elation ·
    [more]
VERB
informal
  1. (bliss outbe blissed out)
    reach a state of perfect happiness, typically so as to be oblivious of everything else:

I've been pouring over go pro images one frame at a time, and I may have the muzzle of a bronze gun just peaking out of some ballast, sand, and grass !! Rarely have I swam up on something as Virgin as this latest wreck I'm obsessed over. GCP, and WD have seen the video on IG, but the more I pull images from the video the more I see.....2 flint locks, fused coins, and a possible bronze/brass swivel gun.....maybe some olive jar parts too......in the past I've thought I was crazy thinking this stuff. Like who would believe that a lump of rock on the bottom is actually a statue.....no one but me.....and I hummped it all the way home to prove the point.
photo-365.JPG
photo-364.JPG

So now no one really doubts me when I say.....dude....there's thousands of encrusted objects down there....even when they can't see it !! So I'm "SEEING" encrusted and partially buried "OBJECTS" mixed into the ballast and surrounding sand and grass !! I don't think it's ever been seen before !! Almost certainly it was buried until hurricane irma. It was stipped clean and exposed after that, and then I found it 4-5 years later !! Its incredible and I'm going back soon, now that I have a boat !!

I've been pouring over go pro images one frame at a time, and I may have the muzzle of a bronze gun just peaking out of some ballast, sand, and grass !! Rarely have I swam up on something as Virgin as this latest wreck I'm obsessed over. GCP, and WD have seen the video on IG, but the more I pull images from the video the more I see.....2 flint locks, fused coins, and a possible bronze/brass swivel gun.....maybe some olive jar parts too......in the past I've thought I was crazy thinking this stuff. Like who would believe that a lump of rock on the bottom is actually a statue.....no one but me.....and I hummped it all the way home to prove the point. View attachment 2105082View attachment 2105083
So now no one really doubts me when I say.....dude....there's thousands of encrusted objects down there....even when they can't see it !! So I'm "SEEING" encrusted and partially buried "OBJECTS" mixed into the ballast and surrounding sand and grass !! I don't think it's ever been seen before !! Almost certainly it was buried until hurricane irma. It was stipped clean and exposed after that, and then I found it 4-5 years later !! Its incredible and I'm going back soon, now that I have a boat !!

Alright. Get back out there. I'm excited...

Face looks like a time piece moon or something...

Was just reading the other night of gun metals.
Bronze used at sea for cannons not like I thought due to lack of iron , and or casting ability or early eras. But exposure to sea conditions. Salt in particular. (Duh.)

I got a bonus day with my dad. I bought a couple treasures from Goodwill.

View attachment 2105113

View attachment 2105115

View attachment 2105116

View attachment 2105117

If I understand this Red Book No. 12, because of where the quotation marks are, this jar is a 116-3.

View attachment 2105118
Nice scores. I haven't had luck at estate sales and goodwill yet. Always looking for uranium glass to add to my collection but when I find it it's always market price is too expensive.

Nice scores. I haven't had luck at estate sales and goodwill yet. Always looking for uranium glass to add to my collection but when I find it it's always market price is too expensive.
Thank you.

Yeah, GW has gotten a lot smarter about pricing the stuff. I paid $6.99 for this piece and I think it’s pretty close to market price (if not over). I just can’t pass up some stuff. Lol $4.99 for the jar.

Thank you.

Yeah, GW has gotten a lot smarter about pricing the stuff. I paid $6.99 for this piece and I think it’s pretty close to market price (if not over). I just can’t pass up some stuff. Lol $4.99 for the jar.
The jar is nice. I don't have any that old. Wish California was an older state I've seen people find nice bottles and jar in old privies. Not too easy to find them here.

Nice scores WD
We repurpose the sealers to keep dry goods in the pantry.
Then I have my own for different finds.
Thanks. I also use them for finds. That was part of the decision process also. “Take a chance. Worse case scenario you can use it to show off your rusty nails.” Lol

I've been pouring over go pro images one frame at a time, and I may have the muzzle of a bronze gun just peaking out of some ballast, sand, and grass !! Rarely have I swam up on something as Virgin as this latest wreck I'm obsessed over. GCP, and WD have seen the video on IG, but the more I pull images from the video the more I see.....2 flint locks, fused coins, and a possible bronze/brass swivel gun.....maybe some olive jar parts too......in the past I've thought I was crazy thinking this stuff. Like who would believe that a lump of rock on the bottom is actually a statue.....no one but me.....and I hummped it all the way home to prove the point. View attachment 2105082View attachment 2105083
Anybody that doubts you has obviously never met or spoken to you. Your passion and drive are extremely evident and nothing but great things are coming your way! Keep us up to date when you can!!

The jar is nice. I don't have any that old. Wish California was an older state I've seen people find nice bottles and jar in old privies. Not too easy to find them here.
Scored a 200A lantern with a cheap reflector last week. And a 502 stove.
lifes pretty good. (Another 502 at auction tonight I've left alone so far...leaving other common lantern alone. I nabbed last weeks502 at parts price. And it functions alright as is so bonus. Lantern ready to run too!)

Here's a California 502.
8th month of-1968.
Don't know why the Coleman sticker isn't cracked or messed up. Strange or very lucky? Looks suspicious.
Dirty stove. No idea what's stuck on it.
Generator (tube fuel goes through and gets heated) runs 20 or more dollars for reproductions.
A spare is good but good care a stove shouldn't need a spare. Till you buy a used one someone put regular unleaded auto fuel or worse in...
One repro I bought had a gob of solder on a hole repair (?). The inside piece fits a lever and I had to file to fit. As well as reduce the solder glob so the generator would fit through the hole it goes through..Parts supplier said return it. But I had it installed and working , so?

This add has a box. I'm not breathing heavy about it. But the 502's run about 30-35 bucks here without boxes. Even that could be high , but I'm alright with it.
And there's other stove models. l.o.l.. The Peak or whatever looks kinda sci-fi. I've nabbed a couple of them. They fire pretty good!

Scored a 200A lantern with a cheap reflector last week. And a 502 stove.
lifes pretty good. (Another 502 at auction tonight I've left alone so far...leaving other common lantern alone. I nabbed last weeks502 at parts price. And it functions alright as is so bonus. Lantern ready to run too!)

Here's a California 502.
8th month of-1968.
Don't know why the Coleman sticker isn't cracked or messed up. Strange or very lucky? Looks suspicious.
Dirty stove. No idea what's stuck on it.
Generator (tube fuel goes through and gets heated) runs 20 or more dollars for reproductions.
A spare is good but good care a stove shouldn't need a spare. Till you buy a used one someone put regular unleaded auto fuel or worse in...
One repro I bought had a gob of solder on a hole repair (?). The inside piece fits a lever and I had to file to fit. As well as reduce the solder glob so the generator would fit through the hole it goes through..Parts supplier said return it. But I had it installed and working , so?

This add has a box. I'm not breathing heavy about it. But the 502's run about 30-35 bucks here without boxes. Even that could be high , but I'm alright with it.
And there's other stove models. l.o.l.. The Peak or whatever looks kinda sci-fi. I've nabbed a couple of them. They fire pretty good!
I'm always on the hunt for stuff to add to my collection lots of estate sales and such

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back