THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Some great looking pics there BB!!!! Hard not to want to be there!!
It was a beautiful sunset, and sunsets in the keys are a magical time of day for all....yesterday the breeze freshened and it was cool and beautiful for sunset !!

How's the healing process going fishstick ?
I'm actually starting to walk with only one crutch , which isn't easy for a clumsy big fella :laughing7: . The PT Dr says I'm doing great but in my head I'm a couple of weeks behind from where I was wanting to be but I'm just sooo ready to get back in the game coach!!!!! Thanks for asking Bart,means the world :occasion14:

ea8dc0ca1cd2569b.png

Had an awsome debut at the art gallery....got to eat and drink, and rub shoulders with the ultra wealthy !! Already have an incredible commission for a large dining table for seating 10 people !! 10 -15 thousand dollar build for us at "flip-flop loggers"
Barefoot? Shoes? ; or namesake flip flops for the event?

Congrats on the debut. A vital (sort of depending on how hungry you's are) precipice.

What do kids care of wood?
Jule on the lake near Dads shack was the turtle butchering help and fish smoker.
Missing digits likely more carpentry related but with snapping turtles in tanks outside plus the wall of snapper shells , one might wonder sometimes.
He lived alone. I don't recall ever seeing anyone else around.
His dining table though...
I've seen a few since including owner built.
But his took charge of the dining room no doubt. (Folks used to have such rooms).
Like a funny show where you shout back and forth.
it was always dark in there but I recall not much room around it and it seeming to be immaculate and always clear. Even then I wondered if it ever saw use.

I'm actually starting to walk with only one crutch , which isn't easy for a clumsy big fella :laughing7: . The PT Dr says I'm doing great but in my head I'm a couple of weeks behind from where I was wanting to be but I'm just sooo ready to get back in the game coach!!!!! Thanks for asking Bart,means the world :occasion14:
Easy does it.
Danged crutch can jam a person up multiple ways. Build up your tolerance ,balance,armpit nerve pinching , wobble, pirouette...Oh I'm not helping you?

Been many years and I still use two. Prefer a chair indoors often but two crutches yes.
Tried the forearm ones too. Dropped them a lot.

Sitting next to another guy missing a leg at the clinic and a gal came off the elevator with one crutch and zoomed by with hardly a hitch in her get up..
We just watched slack jawed at how easy she made it look. Us knowing better...

Ease into it. You'll keep gaining.
With age it gets harder to regain strength. Let alone change up balance while adapting short term.

Beware dry looking floors that have been greased.
Wet mop followed by clean damp mop are not in play everywhere. commercial floor "cleaners" lube a floor very well. When your crutch leaves without you when you were putting weight upon on it that previously mentioned balance is going to need help from your internal gyroscope.
Or, you crash.
walkers suck. I've had calloused palms to prove it. So do rollators ect..But they beat wiping out.
Use the crutch. Carefully. Trust does not extend to it's tips ability to grip. So you're back to a delicate balance.

Weight bearing per your rehab maybe a cane will come up.
Opposite side of worse leg and same timing as worse leg. Always seems odd.

Easy does it.
Danged crutch can jam a person up multiple ways. Build up your tolerance ,balance,armpit nerve pinching , wobble, pirouette...Oh I'm not helping you?

Been many years and I still use two. Prefer a chair indoors often but two crutches yes.
Tried the forearm ones too. Dropped them a lot.

Sitting next to another guy missing a leg at the clinic and a gal came off the elevator with one crutch and zoomed by with hardly a hitch in her get up..
We just watched slack jawed at how easy she made it look. Us knowing better...

Ease into it. You'll keep gaining.
With age it gets harder to regain strength. Let alone change up balance while adapting short term.

Beware dry looking floors that have been greased.
Wet mop followed by clean damp mop are not in play everywhere. commercial floor "cleaners" lube a floor very well. When your crutch leaves without you when you were putting weight upon on it that previously mentioned balance is going to need help from your internal gyroscope.
Or, you crash.
walkers suck. I've had calloused palms to prove it. So do rollators ect..But they beat wiping out.
Use the crutch. Carefully. Trust does not extend to it's tips ability to grip. So you're back to a delicate balance.

Weight bearing per your rehab maybe a cane will come up.
Opposite side of worse leg and same timing as worse leg. Always seems odd.
Brother you are so SPOT ON with everything you mentioned!!!! The callouses from a walker are the worse :BangHead: :laughing7: I was surprised about the opposite leg thing with the crutch and timing is everything :occasion14:

View attachment 2099168
Since June 3 !!😁😁😁☠️☠️☠️ !! Hell ya !! Wooo hooo !!
You found the same Pandora ring I did lol. Wholly crap though wish I had places like you do to find stuff. I put countless hours in and work hard at it and don't find too much.

You found the same Pandora ring I did lol. Wholly crap though wish I had places like you do to find stuff. I put countless hours in and work hard at it and don't find too much.
All found while snorkeling, no dry sand for me most of the summer. 1-7 feet of water. Same 3-4 spots every 3-6 days if possible.

All found while snorkeling, no dry sand for me most of the summer. 1-7 feet of water. Same 3-4 spots every 3-6 days if possible.
Awesome stuff. I don't live in the right area for that. Cold water beaches here. Most our lakes and stuff don't have wealthy areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back