THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Afternoon one and all, hope you have had a lovely Sunday! Xx 🤗

oh my days… today I finally did it… I found my first Silver Unit.. first hole bang.. there she was! xx nearly gave up there and then, thinking my work here is done 😂 … but knew you would want more so I stuck it out! Xx 😂

Thread 'A Superb Sunday 😆 xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/a-superb-sunday-xx.687098/

I imagine Bart and these two every evening at the beach

I worked briefly for Jimmy buffet on his yacht the "continental drifter" for a few months. I covered for a friend who was off for the birth of his first child. He was a great guy, and we all went to the movies to see the the "hurt locker" !! It was a great memory, and that's the type guy he is. The type that takes his crew out every now and then. He loved surfing and I would ferry him to the surf spot by boat. He really is great in the water and loves the ocean......he greatly appreciated that I was a born and raised "conch" or native of the keys !! Definitely as cool as everyone thinks he is !!

20230813_143616.jpg
20230813_143647.jpg
20230813_143550.jpg

Buckling up things now, and were ready to rock. I'm running and idling nice on my temporary tank....now we drain the main tank, and fill with fresh gas !! Wooo hoooo !! This pirate will have a ship again !!

Good evening all got on a new permission over the weekend this place is loaded !!!
Even my dog was getting in on the action.
View attachment 2099256
I think i see a bottle cap from here.......... OH wait... that is someone's trash from before... i see the holes left from the person before.

Well it's Monday and the last day of the rental lift, can I do a little :hello2:

I worked around the sugar shack over the weekend putting in many hours and a total of falling 18 trees using the lift.
It opened it up on the eastern side of the shack as it would take another few days to get around to the other side.
I can probably winch over most of the trees using cabling and such.

It's kind of a relief having some light and some of theses trees down as sitting in the shack doing maple syrup and if it was windy out one would wonder if something was going to come down and flatten the place.
Had a tree demolish the wood pile shed enclosure (not much of a structure the previous owners built) but it kept the wood dry.

I'll finish trimming up a couple of big pines on the water side of the house today as the traffic will be a none. Then back up to the shop yard to do a fast crowning of 8 trees to open up at the end of the yard.

Rain tomorrow then it's going to be a play day or so before the clean up begins,
Contractor customer contacted me that he could start on finishing the board and batten siding and putting in the windows of the shop.
I wrote back I have a Dr appt on Thursday. (My mental health day out with my therapist Dr. Deus ll)
I need it as 5 weeks on the end of a chainsaw has it's limitations.

On another note the hay sits in the fields around the area as the rain days are keeping the farmers from cutting this year.
It's so wet right now that even if it doesn't rain the ground just keeps it wet it seems
Oh well the grains have been cut and that will allow me to play at a few places for a day or 2.

Well off to the races
Oh I got some Maple donuts for the morning :coffee2::laughing7:
20230813_190221.jpg

For the last few days I kept smelling this odor.
Very similar to to smell of the air that comes out of an old tire.
The mrs yesterday stated something really stunk.(Something die?)

I said I had detected it also, and I thought it might be a tire leaking.
Actually I did check the lift, Tundra, 🚜 for leaking tires.
Then cutting down a tree I had to go around to the tractor through the bush.
Found the smell, and they sure smelled.
My boot is a size 13, and there was smaller ones that were right ripe.
Amazing stinkers they are when rotting.

20230813_152722.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back