THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Took down a maple yesterday and finished up this morning.
25ft it did a split into 2 then those 2 had 2, and so on.
The lift was 15ft short again, it would of been nice to have had a bigger machine.
The Mrs was clearing a path so I could get closer to the tree.
She sure looks tiny from up there.😁
Time for this fir tree to leave, the woodpecker is halfway through already. View attachment 2096978View attachment 2096979
Oh , you're about high enough...
And quit wiggling , you're rocking the lift!

Oh , you're about high enough...
And quit wiggling , you're rocking the lift!
20230801_184304.jpg

It looked straight, dead limbs 3/4 of tree. Woodpecker was busy on this side as well.
Maybe a saw log out of it yet.

View attachment 2097063
It looked straight, dead limbs 3/4 of tree. Woodpecker was busy on this side as well.
Maybe a saw log out of it yet.
Hey Peps, showed Himself your pictures of tree chopping exploits… bear in mind Himself has been chopping trees down for 40years…. He cringed, went pale and said “no way” would he ever dream of doing what you’re doing 😂😂… xx 🤗

Hey Peps, showed Himself your pictures of tree chopping exploits… bear in mind Himself has been chopping trees down for 40years…. He cringed, went pale and said “no way” would he ever dream of doing what you’re doing 😂😂… xx 🤗
Morning blossom
Oh you just popped my bubble as I was thinking of saving the harder ones for himself.
Now I'm back in my own little rowboat on this project.

Morning blossom
Oh you just popped my bubble as I was thinking of saving the harder ones for himself.
Now I'm back in my own little rowboat on this project.
Ha …ahh yes Himself is always popping the bubbles containing my hopes nd dreams too… but if its any consolation obviously id be delighted to come over and blitz those big boys 😂😂 xx

Ha …ahh yes Himself is always popping the bubbles containing my hopes nd dreams too… but if its any consolation obviously id be delighted to come over and blitz those big boys 😂😂 xx
Here's a little story about big trees. From growing up out west I am use to seeing big trees, even giant Western Red Cedars and others.
Yet on a trip to your side of the pond we were finishing the hunting day, and the group was standing out by the road.
I started to notice pears laying on the ground, I couldn't figure out where these pears were coming from, then somebody pointed up.
This was one impressive pear tree that probably had a century or more of growing time.
The pears were still 15 ft off the ground so no picking those. :laughing7:
It's weird what makes an impression and that one certainly did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back