THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning John
Where are you settled now?
City
In town. The town I live in started as rail town. I unfortunately live on the newer development area. Though many parts of California have a homeless problem so metal detecting wise public areas are difficult because they are extremely trashed.

In town. The town I live in started as rail town. I unfortunately live on the newer development area. Though many parts of California have a homeless problem so metal detecting wise public areas are difficult because they are extremely trashed.
I figured it out, the little park that is named after the city. Located triangle shape beside the fair ground parking lot.
I see it was there during WW11 When they had the interment camp set up.
Looks a tad rough across the street though.

Well today my wife and I made it to our 28th wedding anniversary :hello2: . No trip this year , just a nice dinner but that's ok we're both still here 🙏. We'll make up for it soon enuff!!!! Y'all enjoy your day as much as we will.
Congrats you two!

Seems there's an art to getting along. By how you get along when you don't!

I figured it out, the little park that is named after the city. Located triangle shape beside the fair ground parking lot.
I see it was there during WW11 When they had the interment camp set up.
Looks a tad rough across the street though.
My town does have lots of rough spots. There is a lot of history in certain spots. I live near the college don't know if metal detecting would be allowed or not. There is a park connected to our historic courthouse also not sure if I can detect that park though homeless though trash that one. Lots of old homes in some areas but often people around here are cautious so permissions don't come easy

Not too much when it comes to metal detecting to work with within my immediate area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230729-091347_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230729-091347_Maps.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 16
I'm still wood working for Sotheby's art gallery, and should finish up this week just ahead of schedule. Yesterday was a cleanup day, and im slowly reassembling my boat engine too. Family got back from summer vacation Friday, so spending time with them also. I never hunt on weekends, and it's just to crowded at the beaches for hunting. It's deposit time during the weekends, and everyone is out there swimming, and frolicking. Weather looks a bit overcast right now.....im sure the sun will be out shortly.

I'm still wood working for Sotheby's art gallery, and should finish up this week just ahead of schedule. Yesterday was a cleanup day, and im slowly reassembling my boat engine too. Family got back from summer vacation Friday, so spending time with them also. I never hunt on weekends, and it's just to crowded at the beaches for hunting. It's deposit time during the weekends, and everyone is out there swimming, and frolicking. Weather looks a bit overcast right now.....im sure the sun will be out shortly.
Great to hear that wood piece is coming along well, and the family is back safe and sound.
Looking forward in seeing the finished piece.
Nice going getting the motor reassembled-nothing like having something fall off the radar in the repair department
(Like-meaning somebody forgets to do their thing)

I was commenting about how busy it gets here on Sunday's, the mornings are quiet and the PM of the day gets busier on the water and in the water with folks.
54F out right now looking at a high of 75F hardly no humidity so it's a perfect tree downing.
Probably Monday/Tuesday I'll close the road for most of the day taking down 3 big pines on the water side of the house.
There's a tall Maple tree (75') at the gate that is starting to get weak looking at the top, fungi is growing out of the trunk where a limb broke off during the ice storm in /98.

Be careful with those trees....you know all the danger. I stopped cutting, and started having the tree cutters just drop off there nice fat pieces here on there way by !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back