THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Darn rain, no Jeepin today :BangHead: Since the doc gave me the go ahead I've been flyin like an eagle 🦅!!!!! My wife gives me crap cause I'm gone like the wind all day but she understands since I've been cooped up for months. It was nice yesterday to stop by a few job sites and see some of my coworkers. Makes a person feel good when they all are wanting you back, said they just pick me up and put me in the excavator so things can go back to being smooth lol. I've put about 700 miles on ol' red since the weekend just country cruising and loving it !!!!!!! Might not be able to do any swingin but Jeepin makes up for it!!!!

IMG_0889.jpg

I built up many small race boats....heres one of the more reliable. 16 action marine with worked 130 Yamaha on jack plate. After my father's reputation as a go fast boat builder.....I was defacto "hot boat" guy. I only built boats to 31 ft., but I was the guy for whaler, action marine, reaction boats, hydrostream, glastron, Baja, check mate, and the smugglers choice....midnight express. All these brands I was known to hack and modify for max performance.....especially the midnights !!
It was wide open in the 90s down here....literally!!☠️☠️🫡🫡

Speaking of.....my VST for the optimax 150. Mechanic snuck it over and left it on my boat.....he was terrified I would beat his ass after having it for 3 months......and rightfully so.
Fu.k that guy ill effffing do it myself !! No one wants to work anymore, and they suck when they do want to !! Call one Saturday, then show up 2 Saturday's later !!
20230728_101218.jpg

Speaking of.....my VST for the optimax 150. Mechanic snuck it over and left it on my boat.....he was terrified I would beat his ass after having it for 3 months......and rightfully so.
Fu.k that guy ill effffing do it myself !! No one wants to work anymore, and they suck when they do want to !! Call one Saturday, then show up 2 Saturday's later !!View attachment 2096036
Let me hire you help for a minute...l.o.l..

Last overhanging limb, and we have a work stoppage.
The Black hornets are some peeved at me messing up the nest.
15ft up and I froze, stood there not moving for 5 minutes, saw idling away around my face.
Maybe that's what was the saving in this after all.
They settled down now I had to get down.
Their branch was on the basket rail, so when I dropped slowly it stirred them up again.
A dozen hits off the cap/hearing protection headphones. Not one got me lucky man.
20230728_110320.jpg

Good morning everyone. Going to walk around town looking for parks and such to metal detect. Not much to do today. Not used to living in town but may as well go explore I guess

Last overhanging limb, and we have a work stoppage.
The Black hornets are some peeved at me messing up the nest.
15ft up and I froze, stood there not moving for 5 minutes, saw idling away around my face.
Maybe that's what was the saving in this after all.
They settled down now I had to get down.
Their branch was on the basket rail, so when I dropped slowly it stirred them up again.
A dozen hits off the cap/hearing protection headphones. Not one got me lucky man.
View attachment 2096055

aH HA!
Ye olde Canadian pinata.

And just look at P.J.'s natural fluid moving grace as he eases away!

Congrats on not getting into a conflict with the residents up close and personal.

An area , not really a park people been parking while watching fireworks and stuff a long time is away from the nearby park.
Cut grass in summer and hardly traffic most days.

Had a half dollar or older dollar laying near flat about knock me down with it's signal.
Pieces of different pot pipes , cap gun , modern coins and too near the road snow plow piles area relocated when winter progresses scratched up coins.

A multi hearted piece I never did figure out. Misc. and nothing over the rainbow. But good hunting for ease...
Like other places I seem to learn more about after...I got tangled up in yet another debris field.
This one a long gone farmhouse bulldozed about a hundred yards.
you've seen those muti oblong tubed old big t/v. antennas with a hundred or so looking pieces on roofs? Pieces of them ring up great!
And being varied sized and orientation in the ground scattered far and wide , it would be hard to not seed an area deliberately to keep someone busy. Or discouraged.
Probably more there still.

Another debris field in a field (no sign of anything ) was another old house. Optometrist owned.
A public spot I'm not real comfy detecting. Permitted but...Busy close kind of .
There's a piece to a prior recovery I would like to think is there that needs more hunting for...
Something I'll do on a high trash area is train my ear to only pick up the "high squeaks". 🙃

Skip over an awful lot but always manage to find some fairly decent stuff. Especially when I let down my ear's discrimination, a bit, when I find a quarter. To see if it's a pocket spill. Listening down to about a nickel.

Some days I clean up everything! But, sometimes? I just want "a nice, leisurely walk in the park". :dontknow:

Not sure how stubborn plays into this.
Been from the school of get up brush off the dust and try again.
School of hard knocks (usually to case where if it goes sideways/south I don't do it again.)
Getting hurt doesn't give reason to stop, it's a reason to start moving.
To stop is to rust up, and we certainly know to rust is the beginning of the end.

I guess it's a case also that if I don't do it-it won't be done. This comes from the being self employed most of my life. If I didn't produce-well I didn't eat type thing. So if I got hurt doing the task I just sucked it up and worked through it. There's no calling in sick, or asking to have it done for me.

If that's being stubborn-well-gee-wait a darned minute here-strong willed? Determined?
Oh just admit it Pepper there's times you mirror.:laughing7:

View attachment 2096004
Kids! Wait til you get a lil older! Then you'll understand the wisdom of limits. :angel12:

An odd find from the park I detected yesterday. I think a bullet not sure though if it is I think it'd greatly predate the park itself. But I'm not sure if it's a bullet.

Attachments

• 20230728_165000.jpg
    20230728_165000.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230728_165005.jpg
    20230728_165005.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230728_165033.jpg
    20230728_165033.jpg
    907.4 KB · Views: 19
aH HA!
Ye olde Canadian pinata.

And just look at P.J.'s natural fluid moving grace as he eases away!

Congrats on not getting into a conflict with the residents up close and personal.
When I was pre-school the relatives came to visit. The pack of kids set out to build a fort.
I picked up a log, and they attacked me, Black hornets.
All I remember was screaming and running. Spent 3 days in the hospital as the throat swelled up.
The family had me wearing a water pail as a hat in a photo. Had that Charlie Brown head look.🤣
Have learnt aggression meets aggression when it comes to hornets and wasps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back