THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Mornin all.

And who forgot thier sisters birthday? Yes that would be me.
Another sister will be at the Irish reunion end of month. Or as the host put it , uprising.
Starting in a church.....Hmmm. We could use the sister who's birthday I missed minister husband to vouch for me maybe.
I do recall a Grandmothers funeral there I helped carry casket at. So maybe there's a chance I get in. Or rather , out.
I hope you didn’t try that trick I told you. It doesn’t work for sisters very well.

I hope you didn’t try that trick I told you. It doesn’t work for sisters very well.
See Whadi. Pay attention to woman steering you wrong stuff here..

3 days later , what you said wasn't really what you meant W.D.?

While my dumb aaa, umm I mean brain says oh yeah W.D. set you on the right course now , you got this...

Sister has not acknowledged my calling and singing "happy belated birthday to you." and leaving a message after.

Meanwhile the other gals I encountered while thinking I had some newfound kind of rapport with them due to an insider tip ...
x3vgc.jpg

:laughing7:

See Whadi. Pay attention to woman steering you wrong stuff here..

3 days later , what you said wasn't really what you meant W.D.?

While my dumb aaa, umm I mean brain says oh yeah W.D. set you on the right course now , you got this...

Sister has not acknowledged my calling and singing "happy belated birthday to you." and leaving a message after.

Meanwhile the other gals I encountered while thinking I had some newfound kind of rapport with them due to an insider tip ...
x3vgc.jpg

:laughing7:
Now didja really expect anything else? 🤷‍♂️

Did some picking today.

Regular raspberries are selling for $7.20 a 1/2 pint.
Ours is organic so there's 4 little one in one of these.
Fell some more, nature did part of an old oak.
Have a Hickory nut it seems. Nothing like finding an edible and finding out 10yrs later and 65ft up.🤣
20230714_124629.jpg
20230714_150037.jpg
20230714_150021.jpg
20230714_172455.jpg
20230714_175655.jpg

Did some picking today.

Regular raspberries are selling for $7.20 a 1/2 pint.
Ours is organic so there's 4 little one in one of these.
Fell some more, nature did part of an old oak.
Have a Hickory nut it seems. Nothing like finding an edible and finding out 10yrs later and 65ft up.🤣View attachment 2093748View attachment 2093749View attachment 2093750View attachment 2093751View attachment 2093752
i have faith in your tree work ability.
And I'm nervous about it too.....

That rotted one (oak?) was shot/in trouble for sure.
Congrats on the hickory.
I have one tree of any size upfront on the hunting property. By the road sand current property line (Close.) And near where a homestead used to be but no other sign.
Someone must have put there very long ago.
(All that hype , but it's still not very big around.)
i call it a bitternut hickory.
Deer will chew the nuts with thier thin husks at times.
I tried one. maybe two. Major bitterness! Maybe worse than fresh un soaked in a moving creek a week after shelled or un boiled and rinsed repeatedly red oak acorns.
(Pucker like alum!)

i have faith in your tree work ability.
And I'm nervous about it too.....

That rotted one (oak?) was shot/in trouble for sure.
Congrats on the hickory.
I have one tree of any size upfront on the hunting property. By the road sand current property line (Close.) And near where a homestead used to be but no other sign.
Someone must have put there very long ago.
(All that hype , but it's still not very big around.)
i call it a bitternut hickory.
Deer will chew the nuts with thier thin husks at times.
I tried one. maybe two. Major bitterness! Maybe worse than fresh un soaked in a moving creek a week after shelled or un boiled and rinsed repeatedly red oak acorns.
(Pucker like alum!)
The instructions are to hit the nut with a hammer. Dig the meat out with a pick.
A pound of shelled takes an hour.
The old oak has seen better days. One of the first growth trees.
The red oak beside it was 5 3/4' through, and hollow as well. The tree guys figured it was 500-600 yrs old.

Thank you! Or was that for your sister? 😂

I know you won’t believe me, but I don’t do a birthday party for myself. Oh I had a couple when I was a kid and I had a very large one at 50 that I absolutely hated!

View attachment 2093777
Have you got the horses and carriage still?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back