THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Screenshot_20230713_090729_Google.jpg

Can you imagine a real one.....7500 !! Or 14000 if it has diamonds !! What a day it could've been !!

20230713_092900.jpg

Another fake piece....I have to check the mark to see if it's plated silver. Not familiar with the mark, but im sure it's a brand name of some sort. There is so much jewelry out there right now.....people are in the water in mass !! I did get another Gold earring !! Could've been a 10,000 dollar day if it was all real gold !!

You did something here, RC. And I *greatly* appreciate the memories you brought back for me! I'm sitting here crying. You reminded me of the one single bright spot in my rather hard childhood.

You see, when I was about 7 I was already playing a mandolin. And...not just plinking.

Songs like.....
Alabama Jubilee
Soldier's Joy
Anniversary Waltz
Many, many, Christmas Songs
Marine's Hymm
And oh God! Soooooo many more!!!

I played with my father, brothers. I couldn't sing worth a lick but that was because of my deafness. I could however, miraculously, hear the mandolin! And somehow, my fingers could memorize the positions needed for each piece! It took me an inordinate amount of time but when I had it...I had it! It gave me such an indescribable joy!!!

When my dad finally passed, at 90, ( BTW...the last 10 years he didn't even know who I was :sad7: )

Anyhoo, when he passed I asked my brother, (who was his live in caretaker), to save a couple things for me. His Hawaiian triple decker guitar he built himself, his electric guitar he built out of popsicle sticks, his WWII uniform he wore at Normandy and my beloved 1890 Gibson Mandolin.

Later...I found out that my brother had sold all of my treasures for drug money!! I blew up!! I havent seen nor heard from him since! And....sadly...haven't played a note either!

So, this was *VERY* welcome!!!
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!
😭

Good morning all, hey some of you (Blak bart) save some jewelry for the rest of us some of us have only found like 7 precious metal ones our whole metal detecting lifetime(me) lol.

Good morning all, hey some of you (Blak bart) save some jewelry for the rest of us some of us have only found like 7 precious metal ones our whole metal detecting lifetime(me) lol.
Wait , precious?
I count a ring as a ring.
(Sometimes I even consider some are jewelry type rings , and not horse or hardware rings.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back