THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Ahh crap headache.
Up most the night before and last night was a light one too.

Bulldog came home hacked on bigtime.
I'd envisioned a tidy inch and a half slit to extract the tumor. But will likely never learn what I imagine in a surgery means little.
Dog was opened up from near center of one side to near center of belly line.
And didn't like it.
Surgeon chased what she could find. Complicating multiple things. We're grateful for her effort. But gee whiz.

So the dog is sporting a beer themed t-shirt that has been modified. Which is so fun to put on and take off , (did I mention he didn't care for yesterdays activities and would prefer not to be dressed undressed or handled?) but I take it off so he'll pee. Not that it has to come off but apparently he doesn't agree according to the note I found this morning .
He still hasn't pooped. (In case anyone else is keeping track.)

Hmmm
Screenshot_20230628_120244_Photos.jpg

Ahh crap headache.
Up most the night before and last night was a light one too.

Bulldog came home hacked on bigtime.
I'd envisioned a tidy inch and a half slit to extract the tumor. But will likely never learn what I imagine in a surgery means little.
Dog was opened up from near center of one side to near center of belly line.
And didn't like it.
Surgeon chased what she could find. Complicating multiple things. We're grateful for her effort. But gee whiz.

So the dog is sporting a beer themed t-shirt that has been modified. Which is so fun to put on and take off , (did I mention he didn't care for yesterdays activities and would prefer not to be dressed undressed or handled?) but I take it off so he'll pee. Not that it has to come off but apparently he doesn't agree according to the note I found this morning .
He still hasn't pooped. (In case anyone else is keeping track.)
Leave it on and just cut a hole.
Poor guy being under the knife, and getting lovely mauled.

Leave it on and just cut a hole.
Poor guy being under the knife, and getting lovely mauled.
Shirt tail is ahead of his tally whacker an inch or more. Not hanging loose due to a square knot atop his spine.
He squats to pee. (I didn't teach him that. Only where to pee.)

I suspect but don't know for sure that the shirt on his chest feels a little like his harness. Which isn't for potty runs.
Front legs are through arm holes. Neck of shirt at top of back cut a couple inches to allow a square knot there. He slipped out of the shirt earlier. Before the neck was tied.

I originally thought I could just tie a sock width strap around his middle before I saw the extent of his opening.. Silly me.
Of course when I took his shirt off he sat down and tried to scratch the stitches. Or rather , he started scratching some of them.

No, just thorns at the end of its leaves, that are very sharp barbs.
I see, we have nettles here where I live those things are unpleasant plants. Though growing up in the country and boredom being a thing we as kids would pick them and wack each other with the things. Would be full of nettle welts lol.

I see, we have nettles here where I live those things are unpleasant plants. Though growing up in the country and boredom being a thing we as kids would pick them and wack each other with the things. Would be full of nettle welts lol.
Nettles here have fine hairs on stems. Like really thin glass.
Careful harvest and cooking them vids the glass. Touching then doesn't! Kinda like getting into old fiberglass insulation and the itchy results.

Thistles.
Not wanting to throw away a pair of good leather gloves one winter meant thistle spines working through all winter.
Not easy to believe I can't remember if the stems have spines too, but I think some of mine do.
Pulling them means a careful slide with gloved hands while increasing grip on stem.
And yes the leaves tips meanwhile are free to impale.

Multiple years war (and impressive kill piles of thistles) and I ceded the field after.
One year when funerals ext . got heavy.... They regrouped.
Now I just mow the ones in my way.

Nettles here have fine hairs on stems. Like really thin glass.
Careful harvest and cooking them vids the glass. Touching then doesn't! Kinda like getting into old fiberglass insulation and the itchy results.

Thistles.
Not wanting to throw away a pair of good leather gloves one winter meant thistle spines working through all winter.
Not easy to believe I can't remember if the stems have spines too, but I think some of mine do.
Pulling them means a careful slide with gloved hands while increasing grip on stem.
And yes the leaves tips meanwhile are free to impale.

Multiple years war (and impressive kill piles of thistles) and I ceded the field after.
One year when funerals ext . got heavy.... They regrouped.
Now I just mow the ones in my way.
I'll take thistles and nettles over poison oak or ivy any day lol. Glad in the area I live there's none of that stuff. That stuff always make me have to go to the doctor because I'm so sensitive to it it messes me up bad. But it's only out in the mountains around here and I'm very keen to watch for the terrible stuff when up there lol.

I'll take thistles and nettles over poison oak or ivy any day lol. Glad in the area I live there's none of that stuff. That stuff always make me have to go to the doctor because I'm so sensitive to it it messes me up bad. But it's only out in the mountains around here and I'm very keen to watch for the terrible stuff when up there lol.
Last couple bouts of poison ivy were rough.
I broke the habit of leaning against trees while mushroom hunting.

Not sure why it's a worse reaction for me today , but things change...
There's a vine on a tree by the mailbox I'm suspicious of. Well about fifteen yards away from the box , but that's close enough... I give it plenty of room.

Shirt tail is ahead of his tally whacker an inch or more. Not hanging loose due to a square knot atop his spine.
He squats to pee. (I didn't teach him that. Only where to pee.)

I suspect but don't know for sure that the shirt on his chest feels a little like his harness. Which isn't for potty runs.
Front legs are through arm holes. Neck of shirt at top of back cut a couple inches to allow a square knot there. He slipped out of the shirt earlier. Before the neck was tied.

I originally thought I could just tie a sock width strap around his middle before I saw the extent of his opening.. Silly me.
Of course when I took his shirt off he sat down and tried to scratch the stitches. Or rather , he started scratching some of them.
There's always that urge to scratch that itch.

20190318_135510.jpg
20181121_211121.jpg

Last couple bouts of poison ivy were rough.
I broke the habit of leaning against trees while mushroom hunting.

Not sure why it's a worse reaction for me today , but things change...
There's a vine on a tree by the mailbox I'm suspicious of. Well about fifteen yards away from the box , but that's close enough... I give it plenty of room.
That'd be a nope for me I want that stuff nowhere near me lol. I swell up, get good sized blisters all over that ooze nonstop for weeks if I don't go to the doc. Where the plant comes in contact with my skin it will just be a giant oozing blister wound and I've had it swell my arms up huge. Just nope hate the stuff it is so miserable for me

That'd be a nope for me I want that stuff nowhere near me lol. I swell up, get good sized blisters all over that ooze nonstop for weeks if I don't go to the doc. Where the plant comes in contact with my skin it will just be a giant oozing blister wound and I've had it swell my arms up huge. Just nope hate the stuff it is so miserable for me
last two bouts I got a shot from the Doctor about.
Worked in the heat back then. And a high dirty dust environment in the heat at the last one.
Alright , now I can fell some rash trying to grow now.....Stop!!!

last two bouts I got a shot from the Doctor about.
Worked in the heat back then. And a high dirty dust environment in the heat at the last one.
Alright , now I can fell some rash trying to grow now.....Stop!!!
Lol that's how I feel just seeing or talking of the plants makes me anxious

Well it looks like Wd us too shy to show off her thistle.
So another Pepper grumble, the coon has decided that the berries are worth the electric fence hits.
Left a running, seedy, your welcome right at the gate.
I will win you Davy Crockett hat!
Did a quick let's see if everything is okay tour.
Oh blasted infestationView attachment 2090843View attachment 2090844 of one bloody day.
Chickens were happy with the snack.
WD spent hours, HOURS, trying to be like Bart and make a funny on instagram and then post it over here. I failed. I have two absolutely silly thistle posts on instagram ( which Bart, bless his heart, liked both) and had to go old school with a pick and a you tube here, and nobody laughed! Well at least you all gave me likes. Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back