THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

You too, sir pepper. And hope the bad weather is gone there.
Thanks, and all is good here again
I took a quick trip around the sugar bush trails late yesterday, checked on things.

We had a 1/2" of rain, but it the storm intensity hit on the way home from the vets.

We had to drive around partially downed trees that were laying across the highway in a few spots.

Cars were pulled over to the side of the road, but I just kept driving through as the area was wide open fields.
I went by a dock manufacturer's place, and I couldn't even make out his house 100' away off the road.

The tornado alerts were going off on the phones-kind of tense for the Max (which doesn't do well in the car) he just laid down on the back seat, and was quiet.

The Mrs was a tad nervous, but it's a focus thing.
Bit of hydroplaning hitting the water that accumulated on the road in spots.
Lots of pine needles and seed floating on the water in the bay this morning.

I took a quick trip around the sugar bush trails late yesterday, checked on things.

We had a 1/2" of rain, but it the storm intensity hit on the way home from the vets.

We had to drive around partially downed trees that were laying across the highway in a few spots.

Cars were pulled over to the side of the road, but I just kept driving through as the area was wide open fields.
I went by a dock manufacturer's place, and I couldn't even make out his house 100' away off the road.

The tornado alerts were going off on the phones-kind of tense for the Max (which doesn't do well in the car) he just laid down on the back seat, and was quiet.

Never gat first hand accounts of weather up there in our Brother Land. Thanks for sharing and again, glad all is well, including Max and your boss.

pepper-thanks for the info-where are you ?

Had a friend stop by on evening of 6th. Camera mounted on handrail post on back deck. At least around 400 pounder I think. He seems to have a mission in mind

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 19
Mornin all.

My minds proclivity to purview the stimulus I've been exposed to on a delayed loop , must have hit upon a subliminal background song whilst consuming a couple chili cheese dogs at a roadhouse yesterday.
In my head first thing this morning as I cleaned up wet dog poop all over the carpeting. All over meaning more than a couple dozen spots.

Hit it!
This ain't no disco
It ain't no country club either
This is LA!

"All I wanna do is have a little fun before I die,"
Says the man next to me out of nowhere
It's apropos
Of nothing
He says his name's William but I'm sure,
He's Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy
And he's plain ugly to me
And I wonder if he's ever had a day of fun in his whole
life
We are drinking beer at noon on Tuesday
In a bar that faces a giant car wash
The good people of the world are washing their cars
On their lunch break, hosing and scrubbing
As best they can in skirts in suits

They drive their shiny Datsuns and Buicks
Back to the phone company, the record store too
Well, they're nothing like Billy and me, cause

[Chorus]
All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
I got a feeling I'm not the only one
Until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard

I like a good beer buzz early in the morning
And Billy likes to peel the labels
From his bottles of Bud
He shreds them on the bar
Then he lights every match in an oversized pack
Letting each one burn down to his thick fingers
before blowing and cursing them out
And he's watching the bottles of Bud as they spin on
the floor

And a happy couple enters the bar
Dangerously close to one another
The bartender looks up from his want ads

[Chorus]

Otherwise the bar is ours,
The day and the night and the car wash too
The matches and the Buds and the clean and dirty
cars
The sun and the moon but

[Chorus]

Great morning all, hope you're all doing well. A busy day and weekend ahead for me. Working on getting my grandmas property ready to sell, also getting ready for a move. So lots of moving stuff around and putting stuff in storage. Been just nonstop busy.

Good afternoon, ARC, Bart, Pepperj, bamasteve, crash bandicoot, JVA5th, old texan, traveller, releventchair, Oregon Viking, Whadifind, RTR, and all ye other pirates.

Big day working in the garden abd planting the last section. Then I took my little tiller and tried it out on the beach. That didn’t work very well. Spent about an hour trying to rake up all the plant life that has invaded my beach. Plant life wins. WD is done!

Great morning all, hope you're all doing well. A busy day and weekend ahead for me. Working on getting my grandmas property ready to sell, also getting ready for a move. So lots of moving stuff around and putting stuff in storage. Been just nonstop busy.
I hate moving! That’s a lot of work. I hope I never have to move again.
Do you/your family have a new place to move to?

I hate moving! That’s a lot of work. I hope I never have to move again.
Do you/your family have a new place to move to?
Not yet. But they should be able to figure something out will end up with like 400,000 in inheritance

rc- thanks for responding to my question about the weather where you are-to me it is interesting getting basically real time weather info from all over the country-interesting and valuable information
let me rephrase that-all over the world-thanks pepper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back