THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Look! The tread that got the viking banned!!

MAN OVERBOARD ! ! !

Someone throw Bart a rum bottle before he floats too far away ! ! !

1655376879686.gif

Look! The tread that got the viking banned!!

It seems they are crawling out of the cracks these days.
The sibling was on the gold bar thread yesterday.

So here’s the bottles I bought for $50.00. Probably didn’t get a good deal, but that’s not the main reason for buying them. The very first real , genuine, pastor that we had, and his wife, are moving to North Carolina. Now this is one of those situations where you always say you are going to meet up with someone somewhere someday, but never do. We had become pretty close friends about 30 years ago & now only connect on FB. She thought I would buy those bottles from her display at her shop. When she sent me the pic, I noticed the little booklet. So I agreed to buy them and we met halfway and we treated them to a farewell dinner at O’Charley’s. I haven’t had time to research them. I did tell her that the Peychauds bitters was not an old bottle but it has an interesting story. I can’t find it now but it supposed to be one of only two companies that survived the prohibition. Then, this morning, I found more interesting information about it:

E0B9A7FE-F020-451D-B30A-64704CB53702.jpeg

I suspect the purple ones have been intentionally turned to purple because they are so dark, but I don’t know for sure yet.

Then when we got home and pulled into the garage, I noticed this:

4F123174-E03D-4A62-96E5-6D14311D4109.jpeg

59EF3453-AF55-41C6-8225-0683F8C89731.jpeg

So here’s the bottles I bought for $50.00. Probably didn’t get a good deal, but that’s not the main reason for buying them. The very first real , genuine, pastor that we had, and his wife, are moving to North Carolina. Now this is one of those situations where you always say you are going to meet up with someone somewhere someday, but never do. We had become pretty close friends about 30 years ago & now only connect on FB. She thought I would buy those bottles from her display at her shop. When she sent me the pic, I noticed the little booklet. So I agreed to buy them and we met halfway and we treated them to a farewell dinner at O’Charley’s. I haven’t had time to research them. I did tell her that the Peychauds bitters was not an old bottle but it has an interesting story. I can’t find it now but it supposed to be one of only two companies that survived the prohibition. Then, this morning, I found more interesting information about it:

View attachment 2032309

I suspect the purple ones have been intentionally turned to purple because they are so dark, but I don’t know for sure yet.

Then when we got home and pulled into the garage, I noticed this:

View attachment 2032310

View attachment 2032313
There's a few in there that are very nice WD
Liking the "DARK" coloured ones (too bad about the little chip in the lip)
Now a close up of the glass decanter , has it have a mold seem?
Cost average $5 each-winner/winner chicken dinner.
OH DEER there goes the garden lettuce.

There's a few in there that are very nice WD
Liking the "DARK" coloured ones (too bad about the little chip in the lip)
Now a close up of the glass decanter , has it have a mold seem?
Cost average $5 each-winner/winner chicken dinner.
OH DEER there goes the garden lettuce.
When I have a few minutes, I am going to take ore better pics and maybe a thread in bottles and glass.
Right now I must be off!
Have a great day everyone!

When I have a few minutes, I am going to take ore better pics and maybe a thread in bottles and glass.
Right now I must be off!
Have a great day everyone!
And there she goes into wild blue yonder....
Have a great day
Let me know if you post it up in the glass thread, as I have tendency to miss posts sometimes.

The rainwater will be coming off the gutter downspout thats at the corner of this room.Need what they call a 2x3 into round downspout adapter,and some 2" I.D. flex hose that will run to barrel #1 .Gravity will then fill them all .And be drawn off at barrel #4.:) .... Still need these parts
002.JPG
005.JPG
but its Too stinking HOT to do it today.

Got a bad hungry, going on at the moment.
I didn't even have it in me to finish the wrap.
Had a boiled egg on the counter, the Mrs picked it up and asked.
"Put it down"
Er-I was going to peel it for ya.
"I got a bad HANGRY ON - don't fark with me food. 🤣🤣🤣
Sense oh ha,ha has to be timed.
Gee I hate when the body starts a vibrating.

Copper today-No.1-3.20 per pound. No.2-2.80 per pound.My wallet,s a tad bit heavier than it was!
crash-good on recycling-i took a small load yesterday-12 lbs low grade insulated wire @ .40/lb-4 lbs clean brass @ 2.30/lb-12 lbs aluminum cans @ .55/lb--walked out with $20.60 or as i like to call it a case of beer-or maybe a book on ailments peculiar to women

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back