THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I’m out $70.00 . Spent $50.00 on bottles ( pic later) and $20.00 for this:

5FCBE986-50D7-434B-9C59-299EBB7FAF22.jpeg

Met a guy on the south jetty today. He was cussing yelling... I asked.. Everything OK? *&^%$^& fishing *(*&^%##*(*& !! He said you can have the pole I'm done!!!
I offered up my flask... Makers mark 46 I told him. He calmed down a bit. Problem is he said I was told you could catch Ling Cod of this jetty. Yes you can I stated. BS he replied! Let me see your technique and I will help. He cast, let the lead head sit on the bottom.

I also told him small fish live... hook/tie to the tail lings will nail them but quick!!!!
He was unsure of that technique... He knows now! :headbang:

I explained Ling are ambush fish let me show you. I cast as the leadhead was about 6 feet under I yanked the pole! Nothin' Reeled it in did it again Booom!! as the leadhead sinks ling ambush set hook or they spit it out. He said thank you and gave me this. Daiwa eliminator 13'

100_0500.JPG

100_0501.JPG

100_0502.JPG

The Florabama sits on the beach at the Alabama Florida state line. It’s been there since 1964 and is quite the people watching and party spot. If you ever stop by be sure to try a bushwhacker or 6.

The Florabama sits on the beach at the Alabama Florida state line. It’s been there since 1964 and is quite the people watching and party spot. If you ever stop by be sure to try a bushwhacker or 6.
Missed the good mornings, so good afternoon/evening all, hope everyone’s had or is having a great day and making it thru the heat.

Met a guy on the south jetty today. He was cussing yelling... I asked.. Everything OK? *&^%$^& fishing *(*&^%##*(*& !! He said you can have the pole I'm done!!!
I offered up my flask... Makers mark 46 I told him. He calmed down a bit. Problem is he said I was told you could catch Ling Cod of this jetty. Yes you can I stated. BS he replied! Let me see your technique and I will help. He cast, let the lead head sit on the bottom.

I also told him small fish live... hook/tie to the tail lings will nail them but quick!!!!

I explained Ling are ambush fish let me show you. I cast as the leadhead was about 6 feet under I yanked the pole! Nothin' Reeled it in did it again Booom!! as the leadhead sinks ling ambush set hook or they spit it out. He said thank you and gave me this. Daiwa eliminator 13'

View attachment 2032212

View attachment 2032213

View attachment 2032214
Nice catch on the rod.

There is a spot on the coast where we fish of the rocks. There is a huge kelp bed and the further you cast the better you do. Ling Cod. Greenling. Snapper. Mother in law fish (Cabezon) Depends on the mother in law ... :laughing7: Heavy line as you need to literally rip/plow through the f'in seaweed.
cappy.jpg

There is a spot on the coast where we fish of the rocks. There is a huge kelp bed and the further you cast the better you do. Ling Cod. Greenling. Snapper. Mother in law fish (Cabezon) Depends on the mother in law ... :laughing7: Heavy line as you need to literally rip/plow through the f'in seaweed.View attachment 2032215
That,s an ugly sucker,love those eyes. We got lakes with what,s called coontail moss.Grows real thick.Bass like it but you got to have that heavy line to get through it.

View attachment 2032212

View attachment 2032213

View attachment 2032214
If you,d given me a shot of Maker,s Mark 46 I,d have given you my rod too!

Kelp or seaweed or WTF is this &%#@#^&* as we call it... is nasty. I hear they make tea out of it!
All the things in the Pacific Kelp is way down on the list....
60gr is $17.00 for the dried stuff.
We stopped eating it when Japan had the nuclear water crap happen.

There is a spot on the coast where we fish of the rocks. There is a huge kelp bed and the further you cast the better you do. Ling Cod. Greenling. Snapper. Mother in law fish (Cabezon) Depends on the mother in law ... :laughing7: Heavy line as you need to literally rip/plow through the f'in seaweed.View attachment 2032215
That ugly sucker looks like what we always called oyster fish on the gulf coast. Mean and nasty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back