THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Moving right along.....Got the gravel & sand all nice and clean while the charcoal is being cleaned(it had a lot more junk than I first thought). Installed a spigot on the charcoal bucket. Charcoal had some minus 16 mesh that you see in #3 Pix.. That small stuff (that floats) would probably eventually clog up this 'no pressure filter' system :)
006.JPG
001.JPG
008.JPG
003.JPG

Moving right along.....Got the gravel & sand all nice and clean while the charcoal is being cleaned(it had a lot more junk than I first thought). Installed a spigot on the charcoal bucket. Charcoal had some minus 16 mesh that you see in #3 Pix.. That small stuff (that floats) would probably eventually clog up this 'no pressure filter' system :)View attachment 2032027View attachment 2032028View attachment 2032029View attachment 2032030
MORNING RTR

You do realize that this will be followed by a pirate or 2.
Looking forward to the next steps.

Yes busier than a bee.
We won't say Billy Goat.
Family forum.🤣
Helping clean out two houses my mother's and grandmas. Since my families house is on my grandmas land and they sold the land have to clean up both places been stressful

3/4 oz. DareDevils are good staples. Cast far or troll.
A sinker on a three way swivel can be used to ply deeper water with if a downrigger or dipsy or other option isn't at hand.
PinkLadies used to be the go to for taking a lure down when I was a kid. Felt like dragging a cabinet door though!

1/2 oz. spoons can pay off too at times. One made the difference for me the last time in Canada plying a remote inland lake with lake trout in it.

And speaking of Canada , it looks like you have a Williams Wobbler with the spoons. (4th from left.) Sometimes the answer to reluctant fish in Canada for a reason I don't have an answer to other than it's worth having when fishing Canada.
And to all gold hounds :what might a Williams Wobbler have to do with Gold?

#8 from left might be a Crocodile. A good to have if the action of a Williams Wobbler or a DareDevil isn't just right for a persnickety fish due to whatever the order is for a given days wobble.

Some of your spoons have barrel swivels attached to split rings attached to them. How a spoon (or any given lure) is attached can affect it's action.
From a knot , to a clip, to a swivel.
Swivels reduce line twist. But if it nulls a lures action too much , cause of line twist or how twists get stacked might warrant investigation.
Older baitcasting reels and how they were used could factor. One good "birds nest" could inspire use of swivels diligently and too heck with lure action!
Or the unlucky soul who had a reel with the line put on "backwards" / reversed wrap of the filler spools direction.

Some slip bobbers waving hello in the box. Good to have. Need beads and or at least stop knots to go with them. A piece of rubber band tied on the line might work. But let's not get desperate here!

Your Daredevil style spoon imitations might be stamped with a co. or U.S.A..
If the action is the same as originals they're worth using.
Lighter ones per length or altered shapes produce different wobble/action.
Not a bad thing per say. But a study with one in the water on the end of a line tells the difference.

Empty tobacco pouch? Where's the humidor / or bulk can stash it knew?
I don't know either. Owner didn't want stale smoke maybe and so emptied it before parking.

Splitshot sinkers are not getting any cheaper. Nice assortment there.
And finesse in weighting a slip float can put as much or little of ones top exposed as you want.
Less resistance the more it's weighed , but calm water better if just the white tip is all that's left exposed for the lightest bites detection.
Yet the amount of mass exposed in a breeze affects a float getting pushed by it.
Useful at times to move one , or slowly drag an offering along.
Not useful if you don't want it to move.

Keep it?
Depends how much tackle you have besides. Nothing wrong with options stashed to choose from before an outing for a couple few backups.
I usually leave the tackle in a used box acquired. After checking that plastics are isolated from rubber stuff . And rubber removed from any non wormproof boxes. Or allowed to touch anything painted.
Well there are 8 rivers within 50 miles and I'm 1/4 mile from the Pacific... They will all get used!

Speaking of tried and true lures…..

That fishing derby we are in, this young man took the older fisherman back to school. Old school ways to boot. He caught a 11.21# walleye casting with an Erie deerie. He’s still in the lead.

Sunday we were struggling to catch anything. The Mr was pulling out all kinds of different lures. I looked at him and asked, “Do you have an Erie Deerie on this boat?” Boy oh boy did I get the stink eye. Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back