THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yes old pics rule! I might be in trouble for this one. Look at all the hair!

View attachment 2032013
Ok
The days when we had hair, now it's a Fry'r Tuck thing going on.
Query WD: What's with the leaf fan rake in the living room? :laughing7:

OBW! Good morning WD (was going to say sunshine-but that would too bold)
And I would probably be told.
You Hold now!

East? Eastrn Oregon as far as I go... I'm a ick! as far as you know...
I have been to Ireland a few times....(family ties)
Drove to Sweet home one time to get the detector fixed.
Ended up in Medford with 2 buddies and never did make it to California.
Partied there till the holiday ended. :laughing7:
Drove the coastal a few times and buzzed through the interstate as well.
Beautiful State you have.

Ok
The days when we had hair, now it's a Fry'r Tuck thing going on.
Query WD: What's with the leaf fan rake in the living room? :laughing7:

OBW! Good morning WD (was going to say sunshine-but that would too bold)
And I would probably be told.
You Hold now!

Well, I was once told, “ Get on the forum and let your light shine.” I will take that comment as a sign that my light does shine through a little. ☺️

As for the query, I was not there. I was off learning how to be a soldier. So….
Another photo lesson: take what clues you know and make an educated guess.

That would have been in the fall of 1982. The mr (before he was officially my Mr) was working with my brother at the time laying carpet. That picture is at my grandmother’s house. The carpet company was just a block or two away. I’m guessing they may have stopped by and possibly she just bought stuff to clean up her yard. Whether or not they cleaned it up for her is unknown to me.

Well, I was once told, “ Get on the forum and let your light shine.” I will take that comment as a sign that my light does shine through a little. ☺️

As for the query, I was not there. I was off learning how to be a soldier. So….
Another photo lesson: take what clues you know and make an educated guess.

That would have been in the fall of 1982. The mr (before he was officially my Mr) was working with my brother at the time laying carpet. That picture is at my grandmother’s house. The carpet company was just a block or two away. I’m guessing they may have stopped by and possibly she just bought stuff to clean up her yard. Whether or not they cleaned it up for her is unknown to me.
I was a wondering -full stop!

You had me glued to that write up WD-my mind was thinking-but the wasn't WD he have the makings of a moustache-had me thinking "say what"
WD was using the fan rake practicing for to be a soldier?

Ok Jim slowdown the reading-read correctly-that a boy-it's all making sense

I need another :coffee2::laughing7:

Ok-Morning Sunshine!

3/4 oz. DareDevils are good staples. Cast far or troll.
A sinker on a three way swivel can be used to ply deeper water with if a downrigger or dipsy or other option isn't at hand.
PinkLadies used to be the go to for taking a lure down when I was a kid. Felt like dragging a cabinet door though!

1/2 oz. spoons can pay off too at times. One made the difference for me the last time in Canada plying a remote inland lake with lake trout in it.

And speaking of Canada , it looks like you have a Williams Wobbler with the spoons. (4th from left.) Sometimes the answer to reluctant fish in Canada for a reason I don't have an answer to other than it's worth having when fishing Canada.
And to all gold hounds :what might a Williams Wobbler have to do with Gold?

#8 from left might be a Crocodile. A good to have if the action of a Williams Wobbler or a DareDevil isn't just right for a persnickety fish due to whatever the order is for a given days wobble.

Some of your spoons have barrel swivels attached to split rings attached to them. How a spoon (or any given lure) is attached can affect it's action.
From a knot , to a clip, to a swivel.
Swivels reduce line twist. But if it nulls a lures action too much , cause of line twist or how twists get stacked might warrant investigation.
Older baitcasting reels and how they were used could factor. One good "birds nest" could inspire use of swivels diligently and too heck with lure action!
Or the unlucky soul who had a reel with the line put on "backwards" / reversed wrap of the filler spools direction.

Some slip bobbers waving hello in the box. Good to have. Need beads and or at least stop knots to go with them. A piece of rubber band tied on the line might work. But let's not get desperate here!

Your Daredevil style spoon imitations might be stamped with a co. or U.S.A..
If the action is the same as originals they're worth using.
Lighter ones per length or altered shapes produce different wobble/action.
Not a bad thing per say. But a study with one in the water on the end of a line tells the difference.

Empty tobacco pouch? Where's the humidor / or bulk can stash it knew?
I don't know either. Owner didn't want stale smoke maybe and so emptied it before parking.

Splitshot sinkers are not getting any cheaper. Nice assortment there.
And finesse in weighting a slip float can put as much or little of ones top exposed as you want.
Less resistance the more it's weighed , but calm water better if just the white tip is all that's left exposed for the lightest bites detection.
Yet the amount of mass exposed in a breeze affects a float getting pushed by it.
Useful at times to move one , or slowly drag an offering along.
Not useful if you don't want it to move.

Keep it?
Depends how much tackle you have besides. Nothing wrong with options stashed to choose from before an outing for a couple few backups.
I usually leave the tackle in a used box acquired. After checking that plastics are isolated from rubber stuff . And rubber removed from any non wormproof boxes. Or allowed to touch anything painted.

It’s supposed to be stinking hot today. I have to get the cemetery and the area around the she-shed mowed. So I bid you all a good day.

28BB52C3-5BFC-4A19-970D-9D28550DAE54.gif

It’s supposed to be stinking hot today. I have to get the cemetery and the area around the she-shed mowed. So I bid you all a good day.

View attachment 2032015
You mow in such eloquence, flowing dress and all.
Touch of class
It just about makes me want to wear a dress shirt and pants on the excavator today.
Dress up Tuesday!

3/4 oz. DareDevils are good staples. Cast far or troll.
A sinker on a three way swivel can be used to ply deeper water with if a downrigger or dipsy or other option isn't at hand.
PinkLadies used to be the go to for taking a lure down when I was a kid. Felt like dragging a cabinet door though!

1/2 oz. spoons can pay off too at times. One made the difference for me the last time in Canada plying a remote inland lake with lake trout in it.

And speaking of Canada , it looks like you have a Williams Wobbler with the spoons. (4th from left.) Sometimes the answer to reluctant fish in Canada for a reason I don't have an answer to other than it's worth having when fishing Canada.
And to all gold hounds :what might a Williams Wobbler have to do with Gold?

#8 from left might be a Crocodile. A good to have if the action of a Williams Wobbler or a DareDevil isn't just right for a persnickety fish due to whatever the order is for a given days wobble.

Some of your spoons have barrel swivels attached to split rings attached to them. How a spoon (or any given lure) is attached can affect it's action.
From a knot , to a clip, to a swivel.
Swivels reduce line twist. But if it nulls a lures action too much , cause of line twist or how twists get stacked might warrant investigation.
Older baitcasting reels and how they were used could factor. One good "birds nest" could inspire use of swivels diligently and too heck with lure action!
Or the unlucky soul who had a reel with the line put on "backwards" / reversed wrap of the filler spools direction.

Some slip bobbers waving hello in the box. Good to have. Need beads and or at least stop knots to go with them. A piece of rubber band tied on the line might work. But let's not get desperate here!

Your Daredevil style spoon imitations might be stamped with a co. or U.S.A..
If the action is the same as originals they're worth using.
Lighter ones per length or altered shapes produce different wobble/action.
Not a bad thing per say. But a study with one in the water on the end of a line tells the difference.

Empty tobacco pouch? Where's the humidor / or bulk can stash it knew?
I don't know either. Owner didn't want stale smoke maybe and so emptied it before parking.

Splitshot sinkers are not getting any cheaper. Nice assortment there.
And finesse in weighting a slip float can put as much or little of ones top exposed as you want.
Less resistance the more it's weighed , but calm water better if just the white tip is all that's left exposed for the lightest bites detection.
Yet the amount of mass exposed in a breeze affects a float getting pushed by it.
Useful at times to move one , or slowly drag an offering along.
Not useful if you don't want it to move.

Keep it?
Depends how much tackle you have besides. Nothing wrong with options stashed to choose from before an outing for a couple few backups.
I usually leave the tackle in a used box acquired. After checking that plastics are isolated from rubber stuff . And rubber removed from any non wormproof boxes. Or allowed to touch anything painted.
Morning RC
Thanks for the memories and the fishing times.
William's Wobbler always in its tray spot in the tackle box.
Need a swivel for that one Jim, twists the line/effects the action-good description dragging the cabinet door.
Casting or trolling was totally ok with us boys.

Gang trolls-don't see any gang trolls-willow Leafs-silver for sunshine-brass for cloudy days.

Best was off the shore, Salmon egg on a small hook, off the end of a leader, split shot 12-15 inches up the line.
Real egg would float up a bit, bounce around the bottom.
Trout would be the catch-camp fire on shore to warm the hands-lawn chairs to sit when needing. Once in awhile it was real exciting when the big old salmon used to scoop the egg up, the fight was on with 10lb test line.
Big old green head, hooked snouts, red bodies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back