THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning crew.
Hope everyone is having a productive day today.
Got a call at 7am, the 5.5ton excavator was loaded and headed my way.
By 8am I was on the tear, sorted out a log/beam/firewood pile.
Excavated a slope for future black berry patch.
I'll certainly detect it first. Took off the Sumac forest and old Sod.
Moved a couple of compost piles mixed them up well. (2 dump truck worth) 2 yrs of chicken 🐔 poo mixed well in.
The stinging nettles were already 5ft tall.
Moved some stumps, graded out some sugar bush lane.
4 hours is amazing what can be accomplished when one is playing.
Oh I can think of a few old garbage piles that are going to get a digging over this next month.
Toys for boys.:headbang::headbang:

So, will that make the pond water safe to drink?
They say it will & we have water testers to verify .And at the rate of 3 gallons per hour. Some info here(look at the water before & after)
>>

Well I lasted 15 minutes of mosquitoes 🦟.
Harmonica Reed part.
And this lovely old D buckle.
20220606_133707.jpg

Scramble around day for me.....got to load up for the bahamas again....seems like a never ending job....Gator aid, water, fishing tackle, ice, food, cloths, treasure and dive gear...etc....etc. but we should have a beautiful crossing tomorrow morning, and my first afternoon fishing marlin with my son and wife !! Woooo hoooo !! Then onto chub cay to hunt a glass dump, and a quick scan for ambergris, then an early morning run in deep water from the berry islands to harbor island !!

Scramble around day for me.....got to load up for the bahamas again....seems like a never ending job....Gator aid, water, fishing tackle, ice, food, cloths, treasure and dive gear...etc....etc. but we should have a beautiful crossing tomorrow morning, and my first afternoon fishing marlin with my son and wife !! Woooo hoooo !! Then onto chub cay to hunt a glass dump, and a quick scan for ambergris, then an early morning run in deep water from the berry islands to harbor island !!
Best of luck on the trip Bart.
Hope you catch a big one, and have find a keeper or two.

There's a little gang of us guys called the mangrove mafia....we keep in touch throughout the islands, and work together....when I get to chub ill meet one of my contacts and have a beer with him. Im hoping to hear he has had success on the berry islands hunting ambergris.....he just put together a beach combing boat and is running up and down the remote berry islands looking for ambergris. Now is the season, and at least 3 sperm whales have washed up dead here in the keys....also one lost sperm whale calf was found in shallow water alive !!

Well it drizzling out still after getting a 1/2" over night.
So the mosquitos will be just ripe this morning probably. Need strong breeze to help fend them off.
I filled in the old barn foundation that was on the corner of the property line yesterday.
It had been used by the :BangHead: neighbour over time to discard things.
Not worth digging it out to explore so it was a good 2.5 hrs of real work filling it in and making it safe.

Hard to access place, dead trees + low growing under brush made the hole a trap for anyone crossing through the bush. ( property owners are required to fill in such foundations)
The backside of this foundation was a 6+ ft drop, then it ran out to a few ft where the brick was located.

The Mrs didn't even know it was on the list, as I never mentioned it was on my minds list.
Lots of rubble brick as back fill on the one edge of the foundation rock.
Probably run the detector over it, now the are is clear and the soils are spread out.
20220606_145208.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back