THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Always "got to" try to have a good day in many cases. Never know when you aren't going to get to anymore or when you ve stuck in bad ones for a long time. I live for the good day because there's days I don't have good ones due to my generalized anxiety disorder being so unpredictable and making my mind a mess and me a mess. So the times I feel good I take those in and cherish them because things often don't feel good. That say "got to" makes so much sense for so many reasons. So simple but so meaningful I do say so myself. Got to try to make a day good for so many reasons.
I get too good a start , I have to go out and over do it.
Then pay the fiddler after. That way anything near "normal" after some recovery , feels better.
L.o.l..

As another friend used to say until he couldn't anymore ,,, "Ah well. On we go."

Good morning pirates. Too sporty for me out on the water. Tried dirt fishing. Ground is too rock hard. Cottonwood is not helping the allergy/sinus situation. I dug 2-3 pull tabs, 2 bottle caps , and some foil something or others. Maybe try again later today. Beautiful day out!

Good morning pirates. Too sporty for me out on the water. Tried dirt fishing. Ground is too rock hard. Cottonwood is not helping the allergy/sinus situation. I dug 2-3 pull tabs, 2 bottle caps , and some foil something or others. Maybe try again later today. Beautiful day out!
Hope you're doing well and if you get out doing some more dirt fishing I hope you have lots of luck.

Good morning RC
Hoping your movement is well this fine day.
Oh yeah . Movin fine.
i_pooped_today_button-r545ab83f114245a697b0adc7c5d56d96_k94rf_630.jpg

Hope you're doing well and if you get out doing some more dirt fishing I hope you have lots of luck.
Well, sir, I am at the campground. Finding a penny or a sinker is considered lucky for this site. So much trash here. Lol! But I am out and the sun is out and it’s lovely.

I hope you are having a beautiful day today!

Well, sir, I am at the campground. Finding a penny or a sinker is considered lucky for this site. So much trash here. Lol! But I am out and the sun is out and it’s lovely.

Well if it helps you to feel better last campground I metal detected at I managed a silver dime right in my camp site lol just a rosie but I'll take it as I almost never find silver in the first place round here(jealous of those that find more silvers in one outing than I have found in my metal detecting lifetime lol)

Well if it helps you to feel better last campground I metal detected at I managed a silver dime right in my camp site lol just a rosie but I'll take it as I almost never find silver in the first place round here(jealous of those that find more silvers in one outing than I have found in my metal detecting lifetime lol)
I’m going back out. I will let you know.

Hit a park known for prior G.A.R. reunions.
A well pounded park.
Did scratch out a seated dime that could have attended a reunion.

I took a turn through some of the many empty campsites (off season, very early spring) and was surprised at the amount of clad around firesites. But , wasn't after clad , so went elsewhere. Plenty of foil around those sites too. Caps. Tabs. Wire ties.

Sinkers and split shot can turn up in places ya gotta wonder how or why.
After dark losses along stream banks is an easy enough guess. But things like a small Johnson silver minnow far from water that turned up....
Or splitshot in the woods. Must be human foot traffic , or a critter.

Getting pounded down here.....its been raining since yesterday morning.
Raining off and on here (Melbourne). But not much wind. I was hoping for some beach erosion but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Stay safe BB.

Raining off and on here (Melbourne). But not much wind. I was hoping for some beach erosion but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Stay safe BB.
Phipps folly just called and said the wind is switching, and a cut is just starting to form....he was on the way out to check spots !!

MORNING WD
Those Cottonwood have done me in when young.
Closed up my throat and I was eye swollen shut for a few days.
Emergency visit for the little kid. Darn that 6yr old had it rough.
The fir trees are shedding here.
Yesterday by the PM
And the bay
20220603_135501.jpg
20220604_075156.jpg

Ooo Z.K. your well is buggin me now.

What isn't your pump doing?
It runs but no water comes out a faucet? Meaning no pressure after , or no water at the pump?
Or it don't run at all?

Old tanks used a pressure control . A thing that looks like a gas regulator almost.
Think those went with a metal tank with no diaphragm.
Diaphragm tanks /bladder tanks can have a bladder (diaphragm inside between air and water) that affect a pump being able to build pressure after it and then shut off until you draw down that pressure by using water.
On/ off run time changes (increases) as a leak in the bladder or anywhere else increases.
But on/off time can also be adjusted by adjusting the contactor(s)on the pressure switch. By watching and adjusting to maximum pressure. (Around fifty pounds for residential well older systems. City pressure might be a hundred. But don't raise your pressure that high or you'll likely find self induced leaks.)
I once had three(?) gauges after a pump that all read differently. Split the difference. l.o.l.. Adjust for pump to kick on around 25- 30 lbs. and off at 50.
And fine rubber residue can be found on faucet screens usually. Along with other indications of what is in your water, Iron chunks , rust , scale deposits ect..
Well we bought a new pressure tank and my mom informed me that she has a spare pump that dad had bought decades ago.
I think I messed it up.
So we bought a pump/tank combo and have to install it.
I don't have any clue about those things you described about the well setup.
I don't think I ever admitted such a thing, but I have comprehension issues.
I have been trying to hire someone local but I can't find anyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back