THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

It sure doesn't hurt to dream about living in a spot like this though eh Jim, I know you did it buddy. :icon_thumright:

As far as being able to afford retirement living on the beach on Vancouver Island goes... the first pic is the retirement home I've picked out for us, the second is of my reality. :laughing7:

View attachment 2009917View attachment 2009918
Now that one is only $950K, great option for the lower middle class homes.
There was a podcast with Rex Murphy we were listening to yesterday.
The city folks got spooked, ran to the rural settings.
Drove the market up crazy like.
Folks in the city are buying garbage homes at high prices.
I felt like sending a new neighbor a sympathy card this past fall.

Going to work on filling the bookcase. 😂

1644763957403.jpeg

Just wanted to show how debauched the original Batman TV show, from the sixties, was actually.

Remember, this is an over the air, tv broadcast, from the SIXTIES!!!

You don't have to watch this whole thing, just fast forward from 11:40 to 12:12. Then, ask yourself, how did they *ever* get away with that line!?!?!?

Morning RC
THANKS FOR THE CHILLY TEMPS.
Midnight crunching sound of snow when I was on the back deck and a tree popping from freezing I guessed it was zero F..
Thermometer said 10 degrees. L.O.L..
Got colder after. I didn't check temp this morning.

Watched a flying insect a couple days ago outside.
Should break freezing again in a couple days. Then get colder again.

I await St. Patricks day as usual to look for signs of spring. Though often a little early still.
But ahead of ice out on Nipigon up in Canada where we used to figure fishing around U.S.A. Memorial day (the last monday in May) for ice out. Though that too could be early.
I picked a couple morels here before going up one year.
And there were small areas of broken ice tinkling like floating glass in Nipigon still.

Big difference of around a couple months between here and there.

Last edited:
Midnight crunching sound of snow when I was on the back deck and a tree popping from freezing I guessed it was zero F..
Thermometer said 10 degrees. L.O.L..
Got colder after. I didn't check temp this morning.

Watched a flying insect a couple days ago outside.
Should break freezing again in a couple days. Then get colder again.

I await St. Patrics day as usual to look for signs of spring. Though often a little early still.
But ahead of ice out on Nipigon up in Canada where we used to figure fishing around U.S.A. Memorial day (the last monday in May) for ice out. Though that too could be early.
I picked a couple morels here before going up one year.
And there were small areas of broken ice tinkling like floating glass in Nipigon still.

Big difference of around a couple months between here and there.

Well the squirrels are starting to be frisky. 8 in one tree the other day, but she seemed to want any of the suitors.
Kind of fun watching them going around and around the tree trunk.🤣
So I'm not sure if that's an indication of the nearing spring.
Still 2 months at least before the bay opens up.

Well the squirrels are starting to be frisky. 8 in one tree the other day, but she seemed to want any of the suitors.
Kind of fun watching them going around and around the tree trunk.🤣
So I'm not sure if that's an indication of the nearing spring.
Still 2 months at least before the bay opens up.
Tough time of year around here for squirrel heath.
Guess than insures only the healthiest will raise young come spring.
Early for breeding , but not too early for interest to start.

Some years I see chimpmunks chasing on snow during a warm spell. Then go back into winter quarters again for a week or two till buds and greens start emerging.

Tequilia to kill ya...
Well hey , you woke up without your face stuck to the pillow anyways...
Now you just have to figure out which end to hang over the toilet!
Luckily I don't feel like absolute crap lol. I don't feel great mind you but I'm alright. Lol no more tequila for awhile now though lol

Good day John
Did you? Did you? Need a confession from ya. :laughing7:

View attachment 2010017
I'm deeply regretting drinking that much tequila. I feel super anxious and a ton of brain fog makes my anxiety mind think I did permanent damage to myself or something just feel a panicked type feeling and can't think straight. I'm sure it's the hangover but my anxiety mind still panics. I don't feel right at all

The regular visiting grey squirrel had company a few minutes ago when I went outside.
A black from down the road.
I ended thier chase. For now...
Sunny. Just above 20degrees F..
Had a black with a brown/red tail. It was around here for 3 yrs at least.
Now it seems to have past on. Kind of cool looking one.
Only one grey lately, all the rest are black, and a couple of smaller reds.

Anyone want to help me calm down oh man on the brink of panic attack. I hate my anxiety disorder and my own stupidity
Breath in. Breath out.
There. You're alright.
The jury is out in regards to your level of intelligence. (Probably all at the bar swilling tequila...)

Drink water. Don't get crazy about it but get properly hydrated to reduce brain swell from dehydration.
You should have drunk a quart of water before bed. But just to prove how normal you are , you wouldn't do that. And didn't do that.

Breath in. Breath out.
There. You're alright.
The jury is out in regards to your level of intelligence. (Probably all at the bar swilling tequila...)

Drink water. Don't get crazy about it but get properly hydrated to reduce brain swell from dehydration.
You should have drunk a quart of water before bed. But just to prove how normal you are , you wouldn't do that. And didn't do that.

I really screwed up I feel so mentally off and it's making me panic. I can't think straight and even walking around I don't feel right. I embarrass myself with my anxiety and the things that freak me out. But I'm legitimately trying to not have a panic attack I have very few people to talk to and here is one of the places I feel comfortable even if I'm embarrassed about trying to calm down

I really screwed up I feel so mentally off and it's making me panic. I can't think straight and even walking around I don't feel right. I embarrass myself with my anxiety and the things that freak me out. But I'm legitimately trying to not have a panic attack I have very few people to talk to and here is one of the places I feel comfortable even if I'm embarrassed about trying to calm down
There is no way I would have been able to legitimately/ (really) panic in my hangover days.
Just survive till it wears off.

Then strangely enough when things were not quite right (due to my being a hungover idiot) I'd distract my brain from debating my condition by a particular song while I forced my way through work.

Try looping the music of the horns. L.o.l..
That started after a place that had guys standing on an old Cadillac I was seated in drinking in an old theatre, playing horns to this tune.

Or , just crank some classic rock and go about your business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back