THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

That’s awful. I am sorry for bringing up the memory of it.
S,OK,I was 15 at the time and drowning deaths on the Big River were pretty common ,reason I never forgot was he wasn,t wearing a life jacket,fell off a tug boat pushing barges and the undertow got him.Never went out on the river after that without one.

I really have to tip the hat to first responders, I don't know how they separate the events.
In India I helped in a recovery of a fellow that slipped into a huge hill top citrine.
Still remember it nearly 30yrs ago now.

This should give the crew a few chuckles. Coming back from my morning walk a fellow called out to me from across the street asking for help.

I cross over and turns out the guy is a scrapper with a beat up pickup truck and he was trying to load a bathtub into the back of the truck.

Well the guy was about 70 or so more or less my age group...well I check out the tub and it's an old cast iron model from the 50's or 60's.

We struggled with it for awhile and finally managed to lift the end of it on the tailgate and muscled it up into the flatbed.
He thanked me profusely and casually I asked him what it was worth....he said 7 cent per pound and about 200 lbs or so which would give him about $14.

If I had of known how much grief it would have given us I would have slipped him a $20 and told him to keep the change...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

20211116_100905.jpg

You arent missing a cat are you ? ? ?

Small furry dog ? ? ?

:P

According to NASA's records, the last "longest partial lunar eclipse" — at 3 hours, 28 minutes, and 48 seconds long — took place over 581 years ago, on February 18, 1440! For the next one, which will be an even 3 hours and 30 minutes long, there's an even longer wait! It occurs nearly 648 years from now, on February 8, 2669!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back