THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning pirates! I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am still struggling with the time change. :tongue3:
One good thing about the time change(and the ONLY good thing is) its lighter earlier.

I was beaten out of a patent that was stolen from me by patent attorneys !! 22,000 dollars and 3 years of work !! Invention was was marine related, and government regulations along with the clean water act made my invention a requirement on all commercial shipping vessels !! I started with the design in a high-school science class contest with a close childhood friend. We were encouraged and helped by school teachers to pursue patents after blanking all the competition in this national contest. When we did our patent test with the attorneys our idea was the highest scoring invention in the history of these patent attorneys.....we were assured we would be wealthy and successful. In the end we were taken advantage of by this company.....through relentless billing and fees we were eventually worn down until we defaulted and missed a 2000 dollar payment.....by the time we raised the money they already had control of our patent !! Our first big offer was for 300,000$ we were told that we should get 3,000,000$ offer before considering selling. The attorneys robbed us and sold that patent a year later, and now its a mega million dollar industry. We had a global year round market with replaceable parts.....a gold mine !! I've never been so deceived and robbed !!

Did I just see WD? Really? Is she?

LMAO!

See the source image

“What do you call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean?” “A good start.”

Had some good ones, and had some real leaches throughout life.

Had a bad purchase of cable wire when running the scrap company.
The guy had ID-walked the walk-talked the talk
The problem was PCB (Polychlorinated biphenyls)
50 parts per million it is deemed safe to transport/handle
This product ran 15,000-42,000 parts per million
Long story short:
Got a visit by the cops/hydro
Ministry shut me down
Lawyers-big hammer-we got decontaminated-back up running-5days
I sued the hydro and the police
$125,000 later I got a call no case
After being led down the garden path of litigation
Got to love those suites and ties, they'll sell ya out over a dime at the 19th hole every time.

20211110_123546.jpg

Was stalled out on this project for the last year.... so many irons in the fire, that it just sat under some tents !! Well we just sold our family home for quite a bit of money..... generous offers from my father to finance an engine build has me back on it !! It was tough to justify the time money and effort to restore this classic. Finished glassing and fairing the transom. And im ready to flip the hull and paint it !!

20211110_123554.jpg

One of 3 factory custom boats from checkmate. These were made for cypress gardens ski team. This one was barbie purdues personal ski boat.....she was an Olympic class slalom/trick skier...... rumors have spread that im restoring this old classic and barbie has already come to see the work.....she is approaching 80 now and is excited to see the boat restored....I've sworn to her to pay homage to the first paint scheme !!

Last edited:
Been along time coming....it was either abandon this project, or get it done....family has decided not to abandon it.....boat has to much history to scrap the build....my father and I will double down and restore it to 110% better than original. I expect 65 mph on the low estimate and 75 on the high end !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back