Stopped at a sporting goods store on my way home...

I'm not a Liberal, if you mean me? And i never said anything! :o

(Thought you said a while back "Walmart will never get another cent from me!!"?)

Dano, I didn't say specifically who I meant. Do you have a guilty conscious? :laughing7: If I remember right I said Walmart would never get another cent from me if they stopped carrying ammo.

Just heard last night that one of the small eastern states was going to tax gun sales up to 25 percent and a 50 percent ammo tax. This is what I am scared of!

There's that "scared" thing again. So - even if it's true that they plan to - AND that they actually do - so what? Unless it's a huge state and you can't drive to another one.

Just like last time, there are a LOT of dumb ideas out there that I don't will ever get implemented, but the scared frenzy is what irritates me.

However, this sort of mania can't make us gunowners look good. As a matter of fact, if most of the pro-gun posters were actually liberals masquerading as gun owners to make us look bad, it could hardly be crazier.

I mean read some of the posts - the world does.

Thanks Bum Luck, I'll mess around until I discover something that will work. I tried taking one lens out of reading glasses and shooting with both eyes open. I could see the target with one eye, and the sights with the other, but it sort of scrambles an already scrambled brain, and didn't work well, for me anyhow. I expect I'll never get any body part back to where it was, but old age comes on slow enough that even though accepting less might be hard, it's realistic. Trouble is, your mind says, "You can do it," but your body parts, joints, eyes, heart and extra weight all say, "No you can't," and then make you believe it even if you don't like it.:BangHead: Regarding .22 brands in the Ruger 10-22, I found CCI mini mags to be the best, with Winchester hollow points the second best, and the inexpensive Remington's suck. People brag about CCI Velociters, but I've never tried those, the mini mags have done so well.

Well, BosnMate, one good turn deserves another, huh? Thanks for the reccy on the brands, much obliged.

Remember those emails that "trick" your eyes? Well, your brain is actually processing the confused visual image into something that you can use. Sometimes it takes practice, but keep at it.

The payoff is lots more fun shooting!

All i will say is stock up!!!

Some people like to find out when the new shipments of ammo come in to Walmart and pick them up as soon as they hit the floor. I was at wally world today and there was a box of .270 and a bunch of shotgun ammo.

Lol, always makes me laugh that wally world. "Wally" is a derogatory term for a fool in the UK. (Just explaining a fact,not aimed at anyone!)

Your memory is right on bosn. As recent as last year I was buying bricks of long rifle at walmart for about $18. About 3.6 cents each. Mini mags weren't much more. I'm sure prices on those will come back down and the availability will improve. The bigger stuff though, unless we find it at reasonable prices, we reload it. Reloading is interesting, fun, a lot cheaper and you can customize your rounds.

I have been thinking of reloading for a while, I am just not sure what type of machine. That has been the biggest thing stopping me. Any suggestions? I have hundreds of shotgun hulls sitting in my shed waiting to be reloaded.

We use Hornady. We have a "progressive" reloader for bullets. After the initial setting up it installs a new primer in one shell, resizes the neck of another, dumps powder in another, then we put a bullet on top and the next pull presses down the bullet and crimps it and the next pull of the handle ejects finished bullet from unit. Then every pull of the handle after that is a new bullet. We constantly monitor finished size, primer fit and amount of powder being dumped. We remove the old primer with the same machine but we clean out the primer hole before installing new ones..

How much did you pay for this wonderous machine if you don't mind me asking. That machine sounds amazing and sounds like the machine I am looking for.

You can also get a Lee pocket handloader.Everything you need for handloading small enough to fit in your pocket.I had one for my .41 magnum. Worked great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back