RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know the loss of the RPT was a huge "buzz kill" for many...

and for Tnet as a whole from what I have now learned.

This thread is like the little "choo choo train"... "It thinks it can, it thinks it can"... heh

Hey Bart.Did you get around to making one yet ?

Ive been fishing and sawing so much wood that I havnt been treasure hunting in months. Im so ashamed to say !! But the wood has been my treasure lately.

So no I haven't , but I have the exact same flash light, and a spare golf club.

No, not at all. I know I did not mention every little thing that he did in the process of making after we left, but something tells me he stuck some wood in the kiln. Heck I bet he used a saw and some glue too, but I was not there for that either.
...Guess you're not accepting PM's any more? Or maybe your box is full?

Anyway, the process of drying wood is a bit more complex than you may realize. I spent 26 years heavy into woodworking, from the tree to finished product. Three weeks isn't nearly long enough to dry the wood, much less to make the furniture as well. Even a vacuum kiln is likely to take a week or two to properly dry the wood, but vacuum kilns are VERY expensive and usually have many problems.

Take a look at these two links. Neither of these covers vacuum kilns, but these are tried-and-true sources with solid info.
Drying Wood at Home | The Wood Database

https://www.extension.iastate.edu/forestry/publications/pdf_files/f-328.pdf

...Btw, had 8 teeth extracted yesterday. And unfortunately, one of the sockets isn't wanting to clot. Got 2.5 hours restless sleep night before last, but never made it to bed last night. Arg!

The referral "hits" alone from google picture searches via the RPT was a huge draw / tagging trail to Tnet.

Huge loss in flow.

Numbers have slowly dropped in attendance overall.

I am still stunned over the whole deal.

But wtf do I know... Only been doing this sorta thing since early 90's.

Heh.

Odd job I split that burl log !! It was a little disapointing, but its ready for resawing on the band saw now. See if I cant get some better stuff out of it.

The referral "hits" alone from google picture searches via the RPT was a huge draw / tagging trail to Tnet.

Huge loss in flow.

Numbers have slowly dropped in attendance overall.

Your right about that for sure !!

The old adage... "dont bite the hand that feeds ya"... comes to mind. heh

Ive been fishing and sawing so much wood that I havnt been treasure hunting in months. Im so ashamed to say !! But the wood has been my treasure lately.

In my backyard I have a old white oak (about 5'wide at the base) .Cut on an angle 2"to3" thick sure would make some fine tabletops:)

...Guess you're not accepting PM's any more? Or maybe your box is full?

Anyway, the process of drying wood is a bit more complex than you may realize. I spent 26 years heavy into woodworking, from the tree to finished product. Three weeks isn't nearly long enough to dry the wood, much less to make the furniture as well. Even a vacuum kiln is likely to take a week or two to properly dry the wood, but vacuum kilns are VERY expensive and usually have many problems.

Take a look at these two links. Neither of these covers vacuum kilns, but these are tried-and-true sources with solid info.
Drying Wood at Home | The Wood Database

https://www.extension.iastate.edu/forestry/publications/pdf_files/f-328.pdf

...Btw, had 8 teeth extracted yesterday. And unfortunately, one of the sockets isn't wanting to clot. Got 2.5 hours restless sleep night before last, but never made it to bed last night. Arg!

Hang in there man I too have had way to many dental problems this year. Finally getting over it all. Still waiting on my final implants. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. It will get better !!

In my backyard I have a old white oak (about 5'wide at the base) .Cut on an angle 2"to3" thick sure would make some fine tabletops:)

Sure would, or should I say sure wood !!

Yesterday got permission to hunt a 37 acre piece of property in Rocky My. Va. It has 2 old 1925 houses on it.And he thinks its never been hunted before:)

Yesterday got permission to hunt a 37 acre piece of property in Rocky My. Va. It has 2 old 1925 houses on it.And he thinks its never been hunted before:)

Far friggin out... please go ASAP... for I get impatient while couch detecting... I need you to post what if any finds may await you...

As to get my "fix" :P

Anyway... good job at obtaining a permission... they truly are the best fun. :)

Oh boy..........my old lady is going on vacation and leaving me and the boy here all alone. Wooo hooo !!! Party time. She made us a big tray of lasagna, so all my logging crew will come and eat dinner with us tonight. My boy is 5 and this is the first time mom has left us unsupervised !! We got big plans.....fishing, logging, Dennys for dinner evrey night, and dont forget staying up late every night watching movies !! Woo hoo party time !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back