RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea that is a good idea

***ARC thinks how can he make it up to GoldBoy for joking around***

Um... here...

Have a picture...

2A18E19200000578-0-image-a-219_1435624329693.jpg

All righty then...

Don't let the threads fire burn out...

Hold down the ship. :)

***ARC thinks how can he make it up to GoldBoy for joking around***

Um... here...

Have a picture...

View attachment 1590057

Mate he is too young to know that, ole boy died of coke before he was born. Likely got him thinking AARC is some fat fella with a Limey hair cut taking one hell of a selfie at the Golden Coral.

Sometimes a probe will find the trash and glass under the dirt. I carry one like a walking stick when im exploring. Works great for finding old bottles in the swampphoto-736.JPG iknow that bottle diggers use them alot to find the privys. The more I use them the more I can tell the difference between glass and rock and metal and other stuff too. Might be woth a poke around. Lol !!

Odd job you got me out here peeling the bark off another burl log. You got my gears turning with that story.

Odd job you got me out here peeling the bark off another burl log. You got my gears turning with that story.

I will tell the Hand at the end of the month I need his contact details.
Pressure washer I would think pull that stuff right up with very little if no scaring at all.

You ever get out in the swamps looking for logs; when I was stationed at Ft. Polk there was this one fella I met at the gun shop with a small 100 acre plot. He had asked me once if I would give him a hand with the beaver issues he had, that was too easy. In time my wife and I would go over and lend a hand with things or just have dinner with him and his wife.

My wife really liked much of their furniture, forget what he called that stuff exactly, but it was some sort of Cyprus. So while me and him where out one evening searching for snakes, fella had no idea you could sell snakes and was happy for the contact I put him in touch with. But my wife cut a deal with his wife; that man had made all his furniture. I love furniture my self, not skilled to make any but I can refinish some back better than ever.

Next weekend my wife tells me we had to be out at hiss house early at like 0600 on Saturday. She said she had a surprise for me, get there and he says to me that I should get on the boat, that we are going logging. While going to what he called His Spot that was like an hour away he tells me my wife made a deal with his wife to help him get 30 logs, and in return he would build us some Lawyer book cases like his, open capital book case, an Office desk and a new dish cabinet.

I was like dude if you want to go back to the house I can make one phone call and 100 ranch hands and cowboys here within a few hours, and we have plenty enough trucks a trailers. This fella had no truck. He says they would be useless, we have to get them from under water. LOL So I did not say nothing for a few minutes and then said, so its going to take 30 logs, he says heck no, more like 9 tops the rest are for him, he is too old to dive down and get in that water.

I said so I am getting in this water, he just started laughing and asked if Special Forces divers have soften up since he was in. We get to HIS SPOT, and he is rigging up this odd looking A frame thing I thought was for pulling traps or something. Tell me to gear up and get in, find something then surface.

Long story short we got 8 logs that entire day, he says that is normal. Sunday comes and we get 10 logs and that he says was a good day. Next week comes I take Friday off and by Sunday we have all hiss logs.

We got Walnut and Cyprus, and not one log under 16 inches, but nothing over 25 inches, some where only like 10 foot long but got 2 that where about 25 feet long.

Three weeks later we had some amazing new furniture out of both woods; he would not take any money, even put a good amount in his mail box, but next time we went over his wife gave it back to my wife. He said he made his money with making furniture, but could not get the wood anymore him self. I asked what then I could do and he said nothing I did more than enough getting them logs with him, but if I wanted to we could go again, and we did make two more trips out before I left Louisiana.

But where we where leaving, his wife had told my wife that her husband really likes working with Mesquite and Cedar. I called my cousin up and said I needed 4 twenty foot trailers stacked high of the thickest cedar he had on the Cedar Creek ranch and the thickest and straightest Mesquite off the Del Rio Ranch, 4 trailer of that.

He started laughing and asked if I was going to try and infect Louisiana with that trash trees. Told him it was just for an old vet, cousin never said crap when it came to vets and military cause he had not ever joined any service when nearly everyone else had.

Three week went by and he called and said their are 9 trucks coming with 18 cowboys, said the ninth truck had the loader on it cause it was cheaper than sending a bunch of Cowboys. I told them the address to go to and that I would meet them there; but one of my soldiers had decided to get drunk, drive around and run over and kill some poor lady walking home from her job. Never got to meet them there, heck I did not make it there until 3 days later.

But I showed up and of course they where gone but he got the logs, and my cousin was cool enough to tell them cowboys to leave that loader there for that man to keep. The old man said that he was not going to keep it, just use it a little, but they left the papers with it too. I told him ym cousin was likely having them cowboys go get some bee hives made in this state, they seem to last longer than what we have back home. Told him you can think what you want, but that loader is yours now, but if you do not want it I will have the scrap yard come get it. He says no not going to wast a good loader.

Really you should have seen what that fella had for a tractor he would move logs around with, just scary. Our ranches chew through about 100 pieces of equipment and trucks a year, all a write off.

Before I left we got some more logs, but that crap is for the birds man. Diving in that water, there was not one thing that felt safe about that. I had been in some situations where I figured this is it, here comes the pain, get over it. But diving around that contraption it looked to be a new kind of pain I did not want to feel.

And anchors, my God bet I found in the few times I went out with him over 200 of them things. Old ones I would bring up, wanted to keep, but who is going to argue with an old timer that says, hey thanks man, did you see my anchor collection back at the house. I finally told him with the last trip, never have seen that collection of yours. Oh no problem, when we get back I have you cut the grass in the yards around the buildings, been years since I seen it too but it will be nice to have my grass cut. I am thinking yep, found my grand fathers lost brother. LOL Fooker did not die in the war, he lives inn Louisiana. LOL

Teknetics Liberator just earned its 1st case of beer:) Detecting 40 year old property line steel markers .Average depth 12" down.Think I could get use to this :):occasion14:

Teknetics Liberator just earned its 1st case of beer:) Detecting 40 year old property line steel markers .Average depth 12" down.Think I could get use to this :):occasion14:

Way to go man.

thanks for that song i was telling my mom i was going to play that when i got done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back