prospecting

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
is it fair to say that most of the high mountain have fissures in them? is it also fair to say gold follows water? with these questions in mind if i find an old dried up creek bed coming down off the mountain and i dig in the right spot i can get what im looking for or has it nit made it down off the side off the mountain yet(ie not reach the creek yet)?

Upvote 0
There is gold in the Oklahoma Lowes sand, I'm sure there is some in the Colorado sand! Don't expect lots, or big stuff. Rumor is that the sand and gravel plants in the gold areas run their stuff through a recovery system first. All hush-hush and off the books type of thing.

There is gold in the Oklahoma Lowes sand, I'm sure there is some in the Colorado sand! Don't expect lots, or big stuff. Rumor is that the sand and gravel plants in the gold areas run their stuff through a recovery system first. All hush-hush and off the books type of thing.

This I know to be true. I personally know a guy who runs the gold recovery operations at 17 sand n gravel ops along the front range of CO. Wow right!?!

this is in the antarctic... id love to set my sluice up right there!

Attachments

• image-3345195318.jpg
    image-3345195318.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 85
not sure if ive said this but i grew up in golden on clear creek. ive messed with gold panning off and on for a while, i view this trip as a test to what ive learned up to this point. we shall see how it goes. i may get a few late start days as i plan on sitting next to the campfire a few night with a cooler full of beer. im defiantly gonna have fun as long as the weather holds out. i remember one time as a kid my family went up there camping on labor day week end and when we got up one morning there was snow on the ground.

Have a GREAT time then!

Cool thanks for checking it out, yes they have guided tours on the rivers of the area for fishing. I'm not a very good fisherman but given the right guide I'm sure even I could catch one lol. The size of the brown trout there is crazy I saw a guy holding a 3ft trout lol, it is the ultimate adventure locale for people who love natural wonders. Thanks again for looking at site Tweeta, Alex

Questions are best answered by doing. Learn and apply. There are no magic formulas and no promises except the promise of hard work and hopefully fun. The real gold is the relationship you are building with your son.

ok gotta question. i understand the gold path is from inside bend to inside bend but what if you have two creeks merging? ive been trying to find diagrams that show this info and im not having any luck.can anyone help a feller out? lol

ok gotta question. i understand the gold path is from inside bend to inside bend but what if you have two creeks merging? ive been trying to find diagrams that show this info and im not having any luck.can anyone help a feller out? lol

The gold line concept works great in a river, not so much in a little Colorado creek...especially since the gold probably only moves during really high flood waters...when the gold line may be quite different than it appears at normal stream flows.

Result: sample, sample, sample!

Last edited:
almost loaded and ready to head out for my wk of fun in the rugged rocky mountains!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back