🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Ideas What This Is

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I found this a while back and finally tested it today. It shows to be copper by my best detector's polar display, which is very accurate. It measures .9 thousandth inches diameter and weight is 13 grams, about half an ounce, obviously hollow. The color and texture indicate oxidation or something, and it is very mildly un-round when I roll it. That oxidation or what ever it is is causing that roll friction. It was found here in north Texas somewhere. Its Vdi is 85-86. on my Manticore.

It's been too long since I found it to remember where I found it. Thoughts? I keep a lot of old finds. It is unique. A mini ball is solid, right?

Thanks.

IMG_8280.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not all. Many are made of natural stone.

Upvote 1
It measures .9 thousandth inches diameter and weight is 13 grams, about half an ounce, obviously hollow.

Thanks.

View attachment 2169752

Ok either you wrote the wrong size.
The size compared to a dime shows that.

Just saying that .9 Thousands is smaller than....

Most human hair is One-thousandth of inch, or 0.001 inch.

Upvote 0
Just because a detector says it is copper, does not make it so.

Upvote 0
I completely trust my Whites V3i reading, using the polar plot, calling it copper. It sure isn't clay or rock. 2.5, 7.5 and 22.5 kHz all lay in the upper right quadrant.
I also pulled out my trusty Etrac just now and air tested this, and it nailed 12-45. Anybody knowing the Etrac at all knows that is a a solid, conductive number of quality.

I do see tiny glimmers, sparkles in the surface polished surfaces. Ok, nuff said. I'll leave it as-is, not cut into it. It has been fun ;-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back