prospecting

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
is it fair to say that most of the high mountain have fissures in them? is it also fair to say gold follows water? with these questions in mind if i find an old dried up creek bed coming down off the mountain and i dig in the right spot i can get what im looking for or has it nit made it down off the side off the mountain yet(ie not reach the creek yet)?

Upvote 0

Attachments

• image-3652410036.jpg
    image-3652410036.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 102
Looks like a lot of work to make (but fun I bet!) and to haul in...hope it gets good gold!!

Looking forward to seeing it in operation one of these days since we are both in CO :)

got my buddy to make this for me!

Attachments

• image-1731623433.jpg
    image-1731623433.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 106
i was just offered an older keene 2 1/2 dredge, the only thing it dont have is the pontoon floats for $250 i really thinkn about buying it!

well i put the finishing touches on my homemade rocker/highbanker/sluice.

Attachments

• image-3519335181.jpg
    image-3519335181.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image-441423453.jpg
    image-441423453.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 87
at the blm office researching claims... so far none on the areas in going to!

Are you a Gpaa member? They have all kinds of claims that have good gold on them. Just something to think about

at the blm office researching claims... so far none on the areas in going to!
exciting!

no im not a member. to many open places here in colorado.
from what I've seen, it's worth your time to join a local club (GPAA or otherwise) but the national GPAA claims here in CO are fairly poor quality, especially compared to the best open areas and those claims held by other clubs. FYI joining a local GPAA club is free and doesn't require that you join the national org...which You may want to do if headed to other states...

kevin if its not high quality why go/join? i probably will never go out of state prospecting... if i ever had the money i would consider going out of the country prospecting.

kevin if its not high quality why go/join? i probably will never go out of state prospecting... if i ever had the money i would consider going out of the country prospecting.

The local club is free to join and between educational stuff and outings and new friends, it's a great idea. Some of the outings are sure to appeal to you...they do cool stuff!

On the front range there is High Plains Prospectors and Foothills Prospectors. High Plains just went camping in southern Wyoming in an area with gold and diamonds :D

with just a few holes it turns into a highbanker... lol

Attachments

• image-1894104222.jpg
    image-1894104222.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 87
with just a few holes it turns into a highbanker... lol

You'll have to change the riffles and the slope for high banking to work well...but great idea, you're really handy!

im assuming the riffles are going to be bigger?

Yup and at a different angle. Of course there are lots of riffle designs and then there's the Gold Hog mat option too. Dunno what's best as I do not use powered equipment at all myself...so I've never really researched the details like I did with sluices. Maybe someone else on here can add more info...???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back