Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello I posted this earlier it is about the size of a quarter any ideas on what it is or where I should look would be great. Thank you east coast image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

jimmy hoffa's teeth..or elvis bust...cant quite make it out.lol...please let us know what it turns out to be...for me its a campfire nugget,get em all the time

Upvote 0
I can tell him what he has. What he has is a melted blob of metal often called a fire nugget. There is a slim chance it has silver content so he can have it tested at a pawn shop if he wishes or throw it into the scrap bucket as its definitely not Native American or a face, boot, mouse or Tree of Eden or any type of artifact whatsoever.

We have a member that always thinks he found Osmium or Platinum so I tried to joke. Yes its basically a Leaverite. Same can be said of yours

Your joke is not funny and your lack of any science based evidence is embarrassing. The only laughing stock around here is you and how you constantly tell people all they have is trash. Next time you refer to me in a post, just use my name. I do not appreciate your passive aggressive "jokes." Stop being a hater. Nobody wants to hear your constant negativity. Give your opinion once and then move on. You don't have to make post after post attacking people....you are really starting to get on my nerves.

Crispin

OP: It could very easily be silver splatter from a casting. You just need to have it acid tested.

Upvote 0
There are two simple tests you can do yourself:

1. Get a bottle of muriatic acid at Lowe's for five bucks and dip it in there. If there is any reaction with it then you have Aluminum. Do it outside, wear a mask, fumes are dangerous. You can use any old glass from the kitchen to put the acid in.

2. Get an old pan, crumple up Aluminum foil and then flatten out in pan. Two scoops baking soda. fill with water. Heat to below a boil. If bubbles come off of it then the metal is being reduced and you KNOW you have a noble metal. The Baking soda will bubble, this is not the same, the bubbles will actually form and come off the metal. The most likely one in this case would be silver but you would still need a nitric acid test to confirm.

Lets use science to figure this out...

You can buy the test kits, show the results, and there will be those who still do not believe you!

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eastcoasthunter21-

Stick with it... test it for silver.

I had a few people tell me my hunk of melted blob was worthless.

I had it tested.

It's 4.3 ounces of silver.

I have no idea why it exists. I don't know the story behind it.

It was found on a beach. I would have tossed it into the junk pile, but it was too darn heavy to be melted aluminum cans, AKA fire nugget.

No, I still don't have the answer, but I do have a confirmed blob of over 4 ounces of silver. (I'm very glad I didn't throw it away like some said)

IMG_4030.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey G.I.B,
Your glob looks a little like one of my globs. Does it have any marking on it? On the back of mine there are numbers. Here is a front view.
77b9f46ff5d4315feadc4eb8383c2b22.jpg
[emoji2] BWB

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Sometimes I wish it was luke. There are a few pieces that goes with that. I broke the hand off the front of it. The break is visible. The pieces fit in the hand .I just haven't been able to put together what it for. There is a hole in the back that holds the piece up. Thanks anyway
BWB

Upvote 0
Some people refuse to listen to the truth. Even in the face of the clearly obvious, abounding truth. I understand that the drive to believe is strong. But at some point, science, fact, and logic have to take over. Bigcypresshunter is one of the best on this board, and I'm going to have to endorse his statements in this thread.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your replies I appreciate the comments. I know sometimes we see what we want to see
Maybe it is "pot metal " or lead but I have it in my hands under a magnifying glass and I see it different I will be having my ( blob ) checked out and will let you guys know if it's scrap or not. Thanks again east coast
Your welcome. I never said it couldnt be silver. I said its not Native American or a face, boot, mouse or Tree of Eden or any type of artifact whatsoever. And its not Knights Templar either.
What exactly are you seeing under a magnifying glass?

"I can tell him what he has. What he has is a melted blob of metal often called a fire nugget. There is a slim chance it has silver content so he can have it tested at a pawn shop if he wishes or throw it into the scrap bucket as its definitely not Native American or a face, boot, mouse or Tree of Eden or any type of artifact whatsoever." quote bigcypresshunter

"Its a melted bob of metal NOT an artifact. Have it tested..."

"Yes I posted instructions on how to test for silver. Buy a silver acid test solution for $4.95 and read the instructions." quote bigcypresshunter

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your joke is not funny and your lack of any science based evidence is embarrassing. The only laughing stock around here is you and how you constantly tell people all they have is trash. Next time you refer to me in a post, just use my name. I do not appreciate your passive aggressive "jokes." Stop being a hater. Nobody wants to hear your constant negativity. Give your opinion once and then move on. You don't have to make post after post attacking people....you are really starting to get on my nerves.

Crispin

OP: It could very easily be silver splatter from a casting. You just need to have it acid tested.

crispen read my post above. I never said it couldnt be silver and I suggested to have it tested. I also suggested to read the directions that comes with the test solution which is good advice..

Crispen, do you realize how rare it is to find a melted blob of Platinum on the beach? Its also most likely not Platinum or Osmium.. and Im not joking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Listen everybody. Learn how to use an acid test solution or take your item to a pawn shop before making bold claims. Is that too much to ask? Geez.

Upvote 0
Your right Nitric, But if it not made by nature. It an artifact. Here is one for you.
287419397de5479aab09d1102d4bea93.jpg
a953dc2aac8d05794bc8ae8a2e4d82a3.jpg

Are you happy now? What else can you say about it.There move to it.

Upvote 0
But if it not made by nature. It an artifact.
I think thats stretching it.

I guess its possible that some day my computer will be an artifact and the styrofoam cup Im drinking out of. If the melted blob was made by Native Americans, its an artifact sure but we dont know that. How do you know a plumber didnt drop some melted silver solder out of his truck? Would plumbers solder be an artifact to you? Try donating that to a museum or try selling it on eBay.

Very nice looking arrowhead BTW. I dont see what this has to do with a melted blob. Is that arrowhead metal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We dont know how items get there to where they are found. Just because an item was found on a Civil war battlefield does not mean that its a Civil War artifact.

However maybe you could explain more why you think this is Native American eastcoasthunter? Are you saying that there are absolutely no modern items in the area and you are the first person to disturb the soil? What other items did you find with it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My melted blob is gold 1.78oz. To be exact. All my finds are from a Jesuit site which is in the middle of the Creek Nation. So either is a possibility. I own the place so I don't need your pat on the back. Just sharing to inspire others. You should do the same you must have just woke up.[emoji2]

Upvote 0
Hey Nitric, The dictionary of symbols is a good place to learn the symbols. The rocks began to speak is another good way to learn how. You will see things a little different.

Upvote 0
Now, I see! I was just confused for a min. I can't argue that!

Did it fall from the plumbers crack, in his tool box?

I don't know! All I know is that I can't ever see the animals, shapes, writing that everyone else sees. And I don't know enough blob history to understand fully! I am going to start checking into it a little more just out of curiosity! I've never found any other than fire nuggets out in the wild yet. I have seen just about every metal melted into blobs for whatever reason. except platinum, I've maybe seen and handled a total of 8 ozt my whole life. It is so dense that 8 ozt isn't really all that big! Not like you would think.

Yes exactly we have all found melted pieces of metal in every shape imaginable. A small percentage of them will be silver or silver solder. But even if its silver, and even if its found on historic lands, it doesnt necessarily mean its an artifact.

Upvote 0
My melted blob is gold 1.78oz. To be exact. All my finds are from a Jesuit site which is in the middle of the Creek Nation. So either is a possibility. I own the place so I don't need your pat on the back. Just sharing to inspire others. You should do the same you must have just woke up.[emoji2]

Is the OP metal detecting with you on your land?

Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter ,I call a truce.We could go back and forth and I have nothing but time. But that want help no body.
I would like for you to look at the photos that I sent. Do you know the symbols? I only just met you although I see you have posted a he__ of a lot. Can you see what's on the point.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back