Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello I posted this earlier it is about the size of a quarter any ideas on what it is or where I should look would be great. Thank you east coast image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

That's a sweet find. I bet you were thanking them girls. Hurricanes that is. I'm a little further away from the coast now. I still have family on both sides of the state. But nothing beats the the Atlantic coast. My father lives in Gulf Shore Al . There been a few finds around there. I need to get over there and ck. It out.I don't get much time for the beach lately.
I stay busy laying out this site. I just found out the site is a 16 mile diameter circle. The community going to either love me or hate. I'm looking forward to seeing how the land owners are going to react. I think the ones who set this up are true craftsman. To think it's been here all this time.Hidden in plain site. Some thought I was crazy when I talk about it. Here.are a few small pieces. Before you pass judgment. Look closely.
Bob
f969eed1da61c0c96e9601c5087d031b.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
bb43e610895060fce752c37a9c56120a.jpg
2266888a7b7b178bf694060311b6ff31.jpg

Closer look at two of them. Enjoy .
Bob

Upvote 0

Exactly what?

Pieces of precious metals are being found. Some of them in the form of a blob.

Some are small chips and some look just like the far lower left coin in your first photo above.

They are testing (acid) as positive for the precious metal.

This phenomena, strange as it is, it's hold it in my hand fact.

There were pieces of silver (subsequently tested positive, with approved silver testing solution recommend by members of this forum) that were called fire nuggets, fishing weights, sinkers, melted can slaw and just trash.

Leave it right there, it's garbage?

The small silver beads were pinched onto sinew.

No, it's lead sinkers pinched on with pliers, those are plier marks according to some on TN. (tested positive for silver again)

Who, in modern times, does that?

I'd like to refer to the silver turtle post- as soon as I find it...

Upvote 0
Pieces of precious metals are being found. Some of them in the form of a blob.

Some are small chips and some look just like the far lower left coin in your first photo above.

They are testing (acid) as positive for the precious metal.

This phenomena, strange as it is, it's hold it in my hand fact.

There were pieces of silver (subsequently tested positive, with approved silver testing solution recommend by members of this forum) that were called fire nuggets, fishing weights, sinkers, melted can slaw and just trash.

Leave it right there, it's garbage?

The small silver beads were pinched onto sinew.

No, it's lead sinkers pinched on with pliers, those are plier marks according to some on TN. (tested positive for silver again)

Who, in modern times, does that?

I'd like to refer to the silver turtle post- as soon as I find it...
You lost me here. I dont know what you are rambling about. If the acid test spot is red, its silver. If its yellow, its not. Very simple. And even if its silver, its a stretch to call every melted silver blob as Spanish treasure or Native American.

The turtle piece may be silver but that doesnt mean its from a Spanish shipwreck.

Upvote 0
Some thought the Mayans calendar dates meant the end of time. It was shown to be a new beginning of enlightenment. The unveiling I think. That's my opinion. Bob

Upvote 0
I think thats true that most pawn shops are testing jewelry and may not be used to testing blobs.

Upvote 0
You lost me here. I dont know what you are rambling about. If the acid test spot is red, its silver. If its yellow, its not. Very simple. And even if its silver, its a stretch to call every melted silver blob as Spanish treasure or Native American.

The turtle piece may be silver but that doesnt mean its from a Spanish shipwreck.

I've never said Spanish shipwreck.

I live a few miles away from some of the first early explorations of the Spaniards into Florida. They interacted with the native Indian's. Could have been some trading for fresh water or food.

Dunno-

My ramblings are that most of the mystery items found have no modern explanation.

The only things positively identified have a modern origin.

Strange stuff is coming from a strange place.

Upvote 0
I've never said Spanish shipwreck.

I live a few miles away from some of the first early explorations of the Spaniards into Florida. They interacted with the native Indian's. Could have been some trading for fresh water or food.

Dunno-

My ramblings are that most of the mystery items found have no modern explanation.

The only things positively identified have a modern origin.

Strange stuff is coming from a strange place.
I have no problem with what you have said on this thread about the silver you found GIB.

crispens items are ancient Indian or from a Spanish shipwreck according to his testing... and the OP asked if his blob was Native American. And backwoodsbobs items are claimed to be Jesuit.

I cant believe all the misunderstandings on this thread. Because yours is silver GIB does NOT prove that the items found by others are the same! And you said yourself you may never know how it got there.

The area has history of early Florida Indian's, Spanish exploration, and all the way to modern day garbage.

I doubt I'll ever know the story of why this came into existence in this spot. quote GIB

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Differences- it's what makes us all the same in the end.

Here is one possible connection to these types of finds, dunno about Crispin's, I can only speak of mine- and no dear archeologists, I'm not hunting in any known historical site, and if this site becomes an historical site, lot's of people are going to have to move and quit building seawalls and yacht docks.

(His landing spot is protected by some peacocks that like to chase people off. It's in the middle of a now well established neighborhood and Indian shell mound.)

Panfilo de Narvaez (1470?-1528) was a Spanish explorer and soldier. He helped conquer Cuba in 1511 and led a Spanish royal expedition to North America (leaving Spain in 1527). He was born in Valladolid, Spain and died on his expedition to Florida.De Narvaez was granted the land of Florida by the Emperor Charles V in 1526. He led an expedition there with 250 to 300 men, including Cabeza de Vaca. After surviving a hurricane near Cuba, his expedition landed on the west coast of Florida (near Tampa Bay) in April, 1528, claiming the land for Spain.

Upvote 0
And what does this have to do with the OPs metal blob that hasnt even been tested yet???????

Upvote 0
IMO it has to do with it being immediately discounted as garbage.

There is some strange stuff coming out of the water.

I'm pointing out that all that appears to be garbage, is not. (post #13 is interesting, as are most on page 1)

Don't be so quick to throw it away based on an opinion derived from an internet post.

For those who care to do some interesting reading, here is a link to the West Coast of Florida's past.

Perhaps the OP found his blob in this area?

Upvote 0
GIB Im trying to say that its jumping to conclusions to think every melted blob of untested metal or funny shaped rock is Native American or every blob of metal found on the beach by a beginner is Spanish treasure.. Now if you cant understand that, Im at a loss for words.

As far as yours is concerned GIB, I would have to study it. Do you have a thread of your own where I can read it? Yes of course the possibilty exists but even if its melted by Indians, you probably cant prove it. So basically all you have is melt down value.

Now that being said, have you found any other Indian artifacts on your sh e llm ou nd? That may make a difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMO it has to do with it being immediately discounted as garbage.

There is some strange stuff coming out of the water.

I'm pointing out that all that appears to be garbage, is not. (post #13 is interesting, as are most on page 1)

Don't be so quick to throw it away based on an opinion derived from an internet post.

For those who care to do some interesting reading, here is a link to the West Coast of Florida's past.

I know more about the links you are posting than you could ever imagine GIB. You are only asking for trouble posting the words In dia n Sh e llMo u n d on an online treasure hunting forum.

Upvote 0
Did he say that? I agree we could use more information from the OP but dont you think he should have the metal tested first before jumping to conclusions?

Upvote 0
Now that being said, have you found any other Indian artifacts on your sh e llm ou nd? That may make a difference.

Of course not. I'm not hunting there, I'm just pointing out that these are in the general area. Coastal speaking of course.

It's not so unusual to find stuff outside of the normally expected places. Sand and earth move and shift.

Here is a really cool Indian Shell Mound that I've visited. You can actually go inside and see where it has been cut away explaining time periods of how the mound evolved. CLICK ME There is a fully developed community around this mound.

If someone was detecting in the ICW- stuff washes around. The bottom can be scoured. Just saying...

Indians were everywhere in Florida. So were the Spanish- and everyone that followed.

Upvote 0
Did he say that? I agree we could use more information from the OP but dont you think he should have the metal tested first before jumping to conclusions?

Perhaps- dear sir- perhaps- I said "perhaps". (I even added the ? symbol)

And then added some historical information for reading pleasure.

Nobody should ever say where they found anything.

Upvote 0
OK OK GIB. You win.

Just test the damn thing. (i edited my post to make it simple) :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe we should start a new thread. Lets all post our melted blobs.

Upvote 0
Are you suggesting I know nothing about Spanish treasure or beach hunting? If you are hunting on a beach in Florida crispen that has had beach re-nourishment, you will not find anything old. The sands are constantly moving. There has been many hurricanes since the Spanish left Florida. Even without beach re-nourishment, ancient heavy metals, have sunk down into the sands until they hit bedrock. I don't care if your hunting the 1715 fleet Treasure Coast, the only way you could be finding that much Spanish shipwreck or Spanish metals reworked by ancient Indians, in one place on the beach, is if you are blowing holes or after a big storm or hurricane. But I realize you don't know this crispin because you are a beginner and I don't mean this as an insult. Im trying to help you.

Positively identify just ONE piece as a Spanish or Indian artifact and only then can you consider the melted blobs as possible treasure on a trashy beach. You havent done that yet.

I always suggest to use the acid testing method crispen. You know that. I even took the time to explain in great detail to you with instructions and a color chart.. I mix the solution myself with Potassium Dichromate/Nitric Acid/Distilled Water. This weak acid test solution will not melt metals. It shows colors. The pawn shop comment is for those that are having trouble using the acid test solution.

Don't worry crispen, I will be going back to work in about a week and I wont be helping anybody, but if you don't want other members opinions on your finds, wouldn't it be better if you posted your melted items in Today's Finds? Because when I am online in the What Is It Forum, and a member asks for help, I will call it as I see it.

TH said to stop the insults and apparently you se fit to ignore that. Fair enough, i can take a ban with the best of them. Yea, i am calling you out. Not once have you offered anything other then criticism on these threads. Your negativity is clearly coming from a deficit in frontal lobe dysfunction. Have you had a recent brain MRI? Does diffuse cerebral atrophy and ischemic white matter changes ring a bell? I already posted four 1/2 reales verified by ARRC and you dismissed them as "lead sinkers." Every time i post an acid test you tell me i am doing it wrong. Nitric sent me a PM advising me what to buy and i had to put my medical license and finger prints on the line to get it. You ignore all those findings as well. I know what you are after...you will never know where i am hunting, never! TH, if you are reading this then i will take you there on gentleman's honor just to end this nonsense. TH is an honorable and trustworthy man, i find you lacking. We can end all your nonsense and shut you up next friday. I love would do it earlier but i hold life and death in my hands every day.... Cant just skip bail and head off to the beach.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back