Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello I posted this earlier it is about the size of a quarter any ideas on what it is or where I should look would be great. Thank you east coast image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Bigcypresshunter ,I call a truce.We could go back and forth and I have nothing but time. But that want help no body.
I would like for you to look at the photos that I sent. Do you know the symbols? I only just met you although I see you have posted a he__ of a lot. Can you see what's on the point.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
No need for a truce. Im not at war with anybody. I call it like I see it. This is the only forum where we can question an items authenticity. I just think its bad for this forum to turn it into fantasyland.

I havenet really studied your items. I was just helping the OP with his. Truthfully I didnt see any symbols or shapes on the gold or the ferrous looking pieces, but I will go back and look. The arrowhead looks really cool. Is it metal?

Are you talking about the point of the arrowhead?

Upvote 0
No body has done any m.d. except for me

Upvote 0
I dont know what picture you want me to look at because you posted several.

Upvote 0
No body has done any m.d. except for me

The arrowhead looks to be an artifact but I dont see how this has anything to do with the OPs item unless you were on the same property.

Upvote 0
All have something on them. But the arrowhead is what I was talking about. I'm not sure if the Indians or the Jesuits made it .I have a large piece that has a scene on both sides. One scene is with Satan on the other says God law. They are true pieces of art.
BWB

Upvote 0
All have something on them. But the arrowhead is what I was talking about. I'm not sure if the Indians or the Jesuits made it .I have a large piece that has a scene on both sides. One scene is with Satan on the other says God law. They are true pieces of art.
BWB

Its hard to see any engraving in the pictures.

Upvote 0
Two different sites. I was talking to him. He should havebeen on another tread. He said it was from a place that was native land back in the 1700. I believe.

Upvote 0
The point is stone. The two pieces the were rust colored are stone O iron ore as they call it around here.

Upvote 0
You need to take better photos if you want us to look at any engraving. First of all outdoor lighting is best or use indoor lights from several angles. Halogen works well. Put your camera setting on the highest resolution. Use the Macro lens setting as this is very important. Hold the camera very still or use a tripod. Also a colored background will help like a colored tablecloth.

You might try your scanner but set it on the highest resolution. I scanned a Spanish reale once it it came out great.

I dont mind helping people even those that refuse to listen but its late and Im out. Take care and good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please I love being ribbed too you will not hurt my feelings lol. It is what it is and if it's not then it's not

Upvote 0
Hey G.I.B,
Your glob looks a little like one of my globs. Does it have any marking on it? On the back of mine there are numbers. Here is a front view.ji2] BWB

Nope, my blob of sliver (not some plumbers solder, it's real silver) has no markings.

The area has history of early Florida Indian's, Spanish exploration, and all the way to modern day garbage.

I doubt I'll ever know the story of why this came into existence in this spot.

Upvote 0
crispen read my post above. I never said it couldnt be silver and I suggested to have it tested. I also suggested to read the directions that comes with the test solution which is good advice..

Crispen, do you realize how rare it is to find a melted blob of Platinum on the beach? Its also most likely not Platinum or Osmium.. and Im not joking.

I think what you meant to say is do you realize how rare it is to find platinum on most beaches? Yes, of course, I do. I am not hunting any ordinary beach and I'm certainly not going to tell you where it is. So far WE have found three pieces of platinum with the exact same pattern clearly coming from a common source. When we find the big piece and identify it then we will know more. Do you realize that the Spanish threw platinum back into the water so it could mature into gold? Do you realize I am hunting a site where Indians traded with Spanish? So yes, platinum blobs in the middle of Ft. Lauderdale beach are down right unheard of. However, where I am at it makes sense. You can't generalize when you don't know where I am hunting.

As for osmium, do some research. It is commonly used as a material in connecting battery terminals. I find a ton of modern stuff in my spot, including some car stuff. That also makes a lot of sense.

You may be an expert on identifying relics and antiques but your expertise with unknown metals is childish at best. Stick to what you know and stay away from the stuff you don't. I am an expert chemist, have extensive experience in chemistry labs, and highly intelligent. Do you see me commenting on Civil war artifacts? NO! Because I don't know anything about them. It doesn't make me stupid, it doesn't discount my opinions on metals, it means I don't know much about Civil War Artifacts.

I am not letting this go. Back off people posting blobs of metal unless you are offering scientific advice. By the way, "Take it a pawn shop," is not scientific advice. They are mostly minimum wage employees using hydrochloric acid to test for gold and silver, they don't even know how to test for platinum.

Upvote 0
Nope, my blob of sliver (not some plumbers solder, it's real silver) has no markings.

The area has history of early Florida Indian's, Spanish exploration, and all the way to modern day garbage.

It is possible the blob once had markings or numbers. However, it has been in saltwater so long that the finer details have oxidized off. I believe there is another piece to GIB's blob out there and I intend to find it before him!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I grew up in Daytona beach. Every time a storm came up the coast. You could find me out looking. The whole east coast is a treasure trove just waiting to be found. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Stop he insults NOW! Any more will not end well...

Upvote 0
I think what you meant to say is do you realize how rare it is to find platinum on most beaches? Yes, of course, I do. I am not hunting any ordinary beach and I'm certainly not going to tell you where it is. So far WE have found three pieces of platinum with the exact same pattern clearly coming from a common source. When we find the big piece and identify it then we will know more. Do you realize that the Spanish threw platinum back into the water so it could mature into gold? Do you realize I am hunting a site where Indians traded with Spanish? So yes, platinum blobs in the middle of Ft. Lauderdale beach are down right unheard of. However, where I am at it makes sense. You can't generalize when you don't know where I am hunting.

As for osmium, do some research. It is commonly used as a material in connecting battery terminals. I find a ton of modern stuff in my spot, including some car stuff. That also makes a lot of sense.

You may be an expert on identifying relics and antiques but your expertise with unknown metals is childish at best. Stick to what you know and stay away from the stuff you don't. I am an expert chemist, have extensive experience in chemistry labs, and highly intelligent. Do you see me commenting on Civil war artifacts? NO! Because I don't know anything about them. It doesn't make me stupid, it doesn't discount my opinions on metals, it means I don't know much about Civil War Artifacts.

I am not letting this go.
Back off people posting blobs of metal unless you are offering scientific advice. By the way, "Take it a pawn shop," is not scientific advice. They are mostly minimum wage employees using hydrochloric acid to test for gold and silver, they don't even know how to test for platinum.
Are you suggesting I know nothing about Spanish treasure or beach hunting? If you are hunting on a beach in Florida crispen that has had beach re-nourishment, you will not find anything old. The sands are constantly moving. There has been many hurricanes since the Spanish left Florida. Even without beach re-nourishment, ancient heavy metals, have sunk down into the sands until they hit bedrock. I don't care if your hunting the 1715 fleet Treasure Coast, the only way you could be finding that much Spanish shipwreck or Spanish metals reworked by ancient Indians, in one place on the beach, is if you are blowing holes or after a big storm or hurricane. But I realize you don't know this crispin because you are a beginner and I don't mean this as an insult. Im trying to help you.

Positively identify just ONE piece as a Spanish or Indian artifact and only then can you consider the melted blobs as possible treasure on a trashy beach. You havent done that yet.

I always suggest to use the acid testing method crispen. You know that. I even took the time to explain in great detail to you with instructions and a color chart.. I mix the solution myself with Potassium Dichromate/Nitric Acid/Distilled Water. This weak acid test solution will not melt metals. It shows colors. The pawn shop comment is for those that are having trouble using the acid test solution.

Don't worry crispen, I will be going back to work in about a week and I wont be helping anybody, but if you don't want other members opinions on your finds, wouldn't it be better if you posted your melted items in Today's Finds? Because when I am online in the What Is It Forum, and a member asks for help, I will call it as I see it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I grew up in Daytona beach. Every time a storm came up the coast. You could find me out looking. The whole east coast is a treasure trove just waiting to be found. Good luck.

Thats the key. After a storm. I do the same thing. I head to the Treasure Coast after every hurricane.

This first photo is not my picture. It was sent to me by a member Chagy of cobs found off the Seahunter I think. It just shows an example of the corrosion in saltwater. To find these, they had to blow holes in the sand with huge blowers. I have a few items that I found myself in these other pics from the Treasure Coast years ago but its not easy and its almost impossible without a storm. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/17078-she-only-3-days-old.html And I search known wrecksites and old Indian camps on the beach. The brass spike and the wood that has turned to iron sulfide are from an old shipwreck.http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/95456-petrified-wood-underwater.html I have a bunch of unidentified blobs too but I wont make such claims with those.
cobs silver in saltwater.jpgcobfront1.jpgcobback1.jpgtreasure beach find JoAnn Hall.jpgspike.JPGriomar 8-21-08 fay (2).jpgspoon unknown origin.jpg

Attachments

• riomar2 8-21-08 fay.jpg
    riomar2 8-21-08 fay.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please I love being ribbed too you will not hurt my feelings lol. It is what it is and if it's not then it's not
Im sorry Eastcoasthunter my comments here are not really directed at you. This melted blob phenomena has been going on for some time now. You asked a simple question and we are trying to answer it. And yes it is what it is. You have been a good sport. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Exactly :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back