Don't use QR codes ! EVER ! PERIOD !

I used to Drive around a Lot.
Had Reason for Tunes.
Now I am rarely in the car long enough to need the Radio :laughing7:

I used to Drive around a Lot.
Had Reason for Tunes.
Now I am rarely in the car long enough to need the Radio :laughing7:
Back then a person could drive around a fair bit what one gallon costs today.
I had a case that held 80-8 tracks. Took up some room, but I'd rather have tunes than a some mooch sitting in the back.

yep , if I Remember right I had 3 of them.
at the very least 2 and a smaller case of spillovers.

this says 60 ,----30 each side
000aaa.jpg

I'd be in the Record store at the mall every PayDay.

And once a year, always loaded up with Pirate Tapes on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City. the labels would dry out and fall off.
most had magic marker titles after :tongue3: but the price was good.
'Lotta Pink Floyd Bootlegs , Lotta Zappas, everything by Zepplin too

Plus Columbia House & RCA were always good for a few :laughing9:

Last edited:
My mother loved her music, she used to play my Pink Floyd wish you were here album when she would do the housework when nobody else was home she told me. She loved that album. She got a quadraphonic player too. Though we only found 2 albums that were recorded in quad. One I got which was some trippy hippy thing, the other I can't recall. They were as rare as hens teeth to get quad records. The player was a HMV. I got my own player with money from my first after school job delivering papers, it was a PYE brand.
This was like my mums player.
s-l1600.jpg

Hey I do remember too when I once didn't have enough cash for a Diamond needle you could buy Sapphire needles. They didn't last anywhere near as long as the Diamond ones though. Man this is making me feel my age! 😆

I Had a quadraphonic 8 Track in my Car.
Bought it at Radio Shack

Frank Zappas Don't eat Yellow snow in Quad was awesome
the Music Danced around with the echos..
so was ELP's welcome back my friends to the show that never ends ending .the Moog Spun around in the car both directions at the same time Faster & Faster tieing your brain in a knot & Exploded .
Very Trippy !
I had a Few Quad Tapes but they were Rare

Last edited:
Nope I Never Noticed Sapphire needles.
or forgot them

You could have $100k cash buried in your backyard, and the government is still stealing it via currency debasement (printing money to cover difference between what they spend and how much they receive in taxes). Ironically Bitcoin is the only escape from our system of legal theft.

I have this aversion to almost Anything New !

Hated Cassette Tapes when they Replaced 8 tracks.
Hated cd's when they Replaced Cassettes
Hated Discs when they Replaced VHS
hated cell phones for a long time.
Still Hate Those Rectangular phones when they replaced 90 % Of Flip Phones.

hate lap tops

took me a while to accept a plastic bank card

and yes the second I saw a QR Code, I was in Hate !
& thought WTF !

Hated MS when it Replaced MRS & MISS
Hate Pronouns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!with a Passion

I'm sure I Could go On if I Could Think of Other New Things
they pushed on us :coffee2:
Full list. I hereby refuse to cross reference with quoted post to determine how many were used ...

Full list. I hereby refuse to cross reference with quoted post to determine how many were used ...

Yea I Should have said aversion to "New Pronouns" :coffee2:
The Ones I Learned When I Learned to Speak in '55-'56
are still Good to me :thumbsup:

I Thought it was inferred

I Still say Mister, Misses Actor Actress Etc
anyone who Doesn't like it can Bite My As

Last edited:
8-track?

My first vehicle was a 1966 Dodge pickup, and it had a 12v 4-track deck. Big hole in the bottom of the cassette, and a rubber wheel would come up and pull the tape through. Had a Frankie Valli tape, plus a Jimmy Hendrix...maybe one more..don't remember.
old.gif

I never saw a 4 Track Cassette player.

Just Reel to Reel. they were as rare as quads .
columbia house had them for a very short time.
I may have been their only customer :laughing9:

looked like this

000bbb.jpg
000aaa.jpg

Last edited:
Which ones are new to you?
I'm your huckelberry.... I'll bite. I'm with Jeff here. Any pronouns I/we learned in the 1950's all work very well in today's world still. All the new ones that deal with personal inclusive language outside of "him" and "her" can hit the trash. Him & her covers 99% of us. And "it" covers the last 1%.

Does that explain it clearly...? Nothing to do with politics as this falls in the COMMON SENSE arena. Not in some bizarre crazy weird made up world with all the new crazy pronouns. Those are the "new ones" which have no place in today's world. Maybe someone has a qr code which explains it in more easy to understand verbiage.

I never saw a 4 Track Cassette player.

Just Reel to Reel. they were as rare as quads .
columbia house had them for a very short time.
I may have been their only customer :laughing9:
:icon_scratch: RtR recordings or machines?

I knew quite a few people who bought vinyl, and immediately recorded the music on 10" RtR or cassette. Then they'd archive the vinyl and play the bejeebers out of the tapes.

Pre Recorded Reel to Real Albums on Tape

If I Had Known the Value today :( I Woudn't have sold mine at Yard sale for a buck. when my Player/recorder took a Piss :(
Of Course mine were Columbia House & From what I heard was Not Paying Royalties Just Re-Making copies to sell at 6 for 99 cents or whatever :tongue3:
000bbb.jpg

000aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back