How to respond, other than “like”

ncsuwolf

Jul 21, 2024
As a fairly new (technologically challenged) member, had a question about how to best respond to posts. Luckily pepperj was kind enough to resolve the issue. I post this at risk of getting laughed at by the greater board, but think it’s worthwhile for the newbies (I couldn’t find an answer, assuming others can’t either).

Attachments

• IMG_3275.png
    IMG_3275.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 14
I think we've all been there. Anytime something new is introduced into our life, it is out of the normal routine. Nothing to be ashamed about.

It's just like growing up and when the teacher asks if there are any questions, nobody wants to raise their hand in fear of seeming dumb to everybody else in the room. Truth be told, I guarantee you one, two or more people have the same question, but nobody wants to raise their hand for the same reason. Back in my college days, I started raising my hand for anything which did not make sense to me. I could have cared less about what others thought. If you don't ask questions and seek answers, you'll never know. There is no shame in learning. :sunny:

I think we've all been there. Anytime something new is introduced into our life, it is out of the normal routine. Nothing to be ashamed about.

It's just like growing up and when the teacher asks if there are any questions, nobody wants to raise their hand in fear of seeming dumb to everybody else in the room. Truth be told, I guarantee you one, two or more people have the same question, but nobody wants to raise their hand for the same reason. Back in my college days, I started raising my hand for anything which did not make sense to me. I could have cared less about what others thought. If you don't ask questions and seek answers, you'll never know. There is no shame in learning. :sunny:
……100% agreed, and thus the reason I posted/asked the question…..(and thanks to pepperj I can “agree” vs just “like”)

I wish there was a 'Thanks' option. I tend to use 'Like' as a substitute, but it doesn't completely fit the bill.

One other thing to watch out for is that the 'Wow!' option isn't for what many people think it's for. I often see it used to indicate amazement at a particular find or piece of information in a positive sense. It actually functions to indicate disbelief in a negative sense and deducts a point from the poster's 'Reaction Score.'

I wish there was a 'Thanks' option.
We need a "rolling my eyes" reaction too, IMO. 8-)

One other thing to watch out for is that the 'Wow!' option isn't for what many people think it's for. I often see it used to indicate amazement at a particular find or piece of information in a positive sense. It actually functions to indicate disbelief in a negative sense and deducts a point from the poster's 'Reaction Score.'
Oh! I did not know this! Thanks for pointing that out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back