Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

Thanks Joe.

When I mean that Garry's viewpoint are as credible as mine is, I meant his interpretation of the carvings, not his body of work which is respectable. His extensive background, including yours, and a few others, greatly dwarfs my own when it comes to the history and research of the Stone Maps.

It would seem to me that there are two schools of thought in regard to the Stone Maps, one of which hold them to be nothing more than an elaborate hoax, the other of which hold them to be real. Those holding the stones to be a hoax, understandably do not believe that they existed any earlier than 1949, or the 1940's so to speak. Of this school, I do agree that Garry is one of the best researchers. He has done the legwork.

However I don't think that this means the other school of thought (holding the stones to be real) is to be easily dismissed. In fact, I have found it to be a lot more credible.

Last edited:
Yup, that's the one.
Thanks for finding it and posting it. To me, none of the A's really match at all to one another, but a couple match Thomlinsons.
But, as you said, we all have different opinions anyway.

Deducer, a very good analysis, but the question that remains in my mind is does onw carve the same as writing Speaking of myself, I don't.

My writing some what resembles an ant running over my screen.

A side thingy, aside from the beautiful pennmanship, what kind of ink did they use to hold up so well over time and wetting?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Deducer, a very good analysis, but the question that remains in my mind is does onw carve the same as writing Speaking of myself, I don't...
Good point, DJ. It might be difficult to disguise one's handwriting traits, but when the same individual begins carving script in wood, stone or any other medium - a much slower process using a completely different set of tools - I would say there may be no reliable way to link the two 'scripts'. The results of the carving method can easily be controlled, with the nuances, symbol placement, etc. carefully controlled. These things can be subtle messages on their own. It's much more difficult to control handwriting than it is carving, and to identify the carver, IMO.

Good point, DJ. It might be difficult to disguise one's handwriting traits, but when the same individual begins carving script in wood, stone or any other medium - a much slower process using a completely different set of tools - I would say there may be no reliable way to link the two 'scripts'. The results of the carving method can easily be controlled, with the nuances, symbol placement, etc. carefully controlled. These things can be subtle messages on their own. It's much more difficult to control handwriting than it is carving, and to identify the carver, IMO.

While that may be true, and you and DJ have given good reasons, I think it is within the realms of plausibility to assume that personal elements are carried over from writing on paper, to how one would carve words in stones. For example, the bottom bar of the E's on the H/P stone are consistently the longest. This represents unnecessary labor as far as carving on stone, and didn't have to be so, unless it is intended as a clue.

Regarding the Mission:
In Bob Ward's book: Chapter 3, page 59: "Upon a hill east of the old Burn's ranch is the remains of an old Mission, I had seen pictures of it from Bob Gorman when he and a few others were digging it up back in the 1930's thinking there may be a treasure or two. Nothing was ever found. On the old maps made, the ruins are labeled just that; old ruins." NP

I know where the foundation to a mission is, and it's "up fish creek"

As I recall, Joe once posted a photo of a "mission".
But that one was still standing tall....up high with a great view of "Barranca Grande".
What I would like to see though, is a photo of the two old hornos way up the canyon somewhere.
They might be on a wide ledge, somewhere below the place where Cubfan found markers a few years ago.
I'm going to go back myself, one of these days. Got some unfinished business up there.
But that's another project altogether....I think. :icon_scratch:

Regards:SH.

What I would like to see though, is a photo of the two old hornos way up the canyon somewhere.

Yikes, I won't tell you what I thought you typed when I first read it - I had to clean my glasses and check again :P That "r" and "n" are REAL close to one another!!!

I still want to get up that way with you too sometime and check out the carved/inscribed rocks you found a few years ago.

Not making much progress as it has been difficult to get my hands on samples of various Jesuit writings to see if anything matches. I have put in a few citation request with the DRSW at ASM but who knows when they will go through.

Some thoughts about the word, Santefe, which many of you undoubtedly see exists as one word and with its peculiar A's which is different than the other A's in that the crossbars are diagonal and the first ascender is lowest giving them a rotated appearance. Why is that so?

It would seem to me that a con artist or a forger would not engage in adding such details, because a con artist is by nature a person who takes shortcuts in life. Adding the extra embellishment to the words Santefe seems quite unlikely for a forger or a con artist to do. It would be an unnecessary feature, unnecessary labor that would not help swindle anyone more than they have already been swindled. This again is yet another clue that indicate that the stones aren't fake.

Assuming that Santafe refers to a place, I did some preliminary research which shows that there is only one town with Santefe existing as one name and that is a town in Colombia which incidentally has Jesuit history going back 400 years. Aside from the two towns that Mike (Gollum) has identified as having the word Santa Fe, it may be worthwhile to consider that Santa Fe is also a business district in Mexico City.

Last edited:
Hi Deducer,

You wrote:

Some thoughts about the word, Santefe, which many of you undoubtedly see exists as one word and with its peculiar A's which is different than the other A's in that the crossbars are diagonal and the first ascender is lowest giving them a rotated appearance. Why is that so?

These two A bars are will provide us with a number of clues. The A in SAN is revealing the word "past" in PASTO. Notice that the word PASTO does not have an A bar; we just gave it one (witness mark). The second A in SANTA directs us through the crescent ending at the elephant's eye. Pi is circled as it rhymes with eye and will be used later in conjunction with the golden mean. The eye of the elephant is in the same relationship to pi as the eye of the horse depicted on the 1900 Florence Quad, as he is looking towards the word "Millsite" (witness mark #2). All you have to do now is place these clues in the proper order. Please notice that the letter "B" in COBOLLO is appearing as the number "8"; interesting, another clue.

Horse Map-A-bars.jpg

It would seem to me that a con artist or a forger would not engage in adding such details, because a con artist is by nature a person who takes shortcuts in life. Adding the extra embellishment to the words Santefe seems quite unlikely for a forger or a con artist to do. It would be an unnecessary feature, unnecessary labor that would not help swindle anyone more than they have already been swindled. This again is yet another clue that indicate that the stones aren't fake.

Assuming that Santafe refers to a place, actually a person or thing. The horse of the Holy Faith represents our guide.

Maybe this will help,

Ellie B

Last edited:
I am sorry, you lost me at elephant's eye. I did not know there was an elephant concealed on this stone. You will have to show me the way.

Could it be that the Jesuits shipped an elephant over here to carry those 250 lb gold bars?

Another example, of more recent use of the atypical A.....
The lid of a pyx.

pyx.jpg

I am sorry, you lost me at elephant's eye. I did not know there was an elephant concealed on this stone. You will have to show me the way.

Hidden elephant image; The photograph below is of a stone map copy not an original. The second image was revealed by an IR interpretation located within the depository area. The IR documentation verifies the existence of the half\horse image hidden within the stone map. Notice that his reins are hanging down.

Horse-elephant-trunk-tail.jpg Rose Interpretation 6-rsac.jpg

Could it be that the Jesuits shipped an elephant over here to carry those 250 lb gold bars?

Imagine Father Kino riding an elephant. No, I can't... The elephants were important to another group of people and were highly exalted. They were integrated into the stone maps and Florence Quad. I have come across four examples (shadow monuments) within the depository area.

I too enjoy humor. If this mystery wasn't fun to work with I wouldn't be wasting my time.

Later,

Ellie B

Imagine Father Kino riding an elephant. No, I can't... The elephants were important to another group of people and were highly exalted. They were integrated into the stone maps and Florence Quad. I have come across four examples (shadow monuments) within the depository area.

I too enjoy humor. If this mystery wasn't fun to work with I wouldn't be wasting my time.

Later,

Ellie B

Ellie, seems to me you've got half of a running horse there. Was he running so fast his other half couldn't keep up?

But to your credit, he does seem to be running away from Sante Fe, NM.

Could be that he stole a pyx and only the elephant's eye saw what he did.

Oops.. I just realize that in the diagram on the left, the horse's other half is in fact, an elephant.

No wonder it couldn't keep up.

Oops.. I just realize that in the diagram on the left, the horse's other half is in fact, an elephant.

No wonder it couldn't keep up.

Deducer,

I can see that we are not on the same page, and judging by the tone of your remarks, I have not earned your respect. You haven't earned mine either as of yet...

If one is not able to recognize deception then how is it possible to deduce the truth? You tell me.

EB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back