Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

May I ask whom this friend with the false info was? Thank you in advance, just would like to avoid trusting any info from that source in future if possible.
Oroblanco

Just answered Sarge for me .

NP talks about Ward a lot?

Frank,

NP don't talk about much of anything these days. It was funny watching him add to the "views" of his topic with "good morning" and such. Same kind of thing went on over on the LDM Forum a few years ago. Forget who was doing that now.

Take care,

Joe

i went over the first couple posts on this thread and am thinking that maybe NP truly thought there was a mission at the base of the superstition mountains.. ..

Well, there are ruins at the base of Flatiron?....Just to the left as you go up the draw. I've always wondered what it's from. Maybe someone could chime in who knows? It has a small foundation with a crawl space and a base from where a chimney was.

My group has been following this thread since the publication of the mission photo. Having heard of the existence of a mission in this area before, I was intrigued to see what may have been found or disclosed.

After much discussion and analysis with my colleagues, we believe the mission photo to be genuine.

Using the directions given on this thread, we went to the site and have spent a considerable amount of time studying it. We believe the mission is a small but relevant clue in solving the stone tablets.
(The fact that the mission or church symbol on the tablets is small does not negate its importance.)

When trying to solve a puzzle, it is necessary to follow the clues where they lead, rather than to try and force the facts into a pre-conceived direction.

It confounds me that some people were so quick to deem the mission photo fraudulent after the publication of the second building photo. Any review of the surrounding terrain clearly shows that they are not in the same place. While the buildings are indeed similar. they are NOT the same.

I don't believe that Not Peralta was being deceitful in the presentation of his theory.

I would like to express my appreciation to him for posting his theory and photo. It has given us a new link in the chain to answer questions we have had for many years.

Follow false leads at your own peril.

Good Day.

:BangHead:
I have not traveled to Clifton to see if this building is in fact the one NP posted.
I have seen that building...reminds me of the old tempe daily news building on first street an Wilson in tempe...
it is an industrial building, imo, one of similar design can be found across the state...one in winslow by the santé fe rail road...
this type of building is consistent with territorial Arizona, not Spanish/Mexican design.

show me the mud pile...then I can make an educated determination of the site.

My group has been following this thread since the publication of the mission photo. Having heard of the existence of a mission in this area before, I was intrigued to see what may have been found or disclosed.

After much discussion and analysis with my colleagues, we believe the mission photo to be genuine.

Using the directions given on this thread, we went to the site and have spent a considerable amount of time studying it. We believe the mission is a small but relevant clue in solving the stone tablets.
(The fact that the mission or church symbol on the tablets is small does not negate its importance.)

When trying to solve a puzzle, it is necessary to follow the clues where they lead, rather than to try and force the facts into a pre-conceived direction.

It confounds me that some people were so quick to deem the mission photo fraudulent after the publication of the second building photo. Any review of the surrounding terrain clearly shows that they are not in the same place. While the buildings are indeed similar. they are NOT the same.

I don't believe that Not Peralta was being deceitful in the presentation of his theory.

I would like to express my appreciation to him for posting his theory and photo. It has given us a new link in the chain to answer questions we have had for many years.

Good Day.

OdeJ,

most of up are familiar with Photo-Shop. I believed the story was fraudulent from NP's first post. Don't believe there has ever been a mission on Burns Ranch.

Joe Ribaudo

Sorry I have not had much time to chase down information, hopefully tomorrow I will get some information.

I will say this, the building in question does appear to be made of concrete, looking at more photos close up it has some rather large rocks in it, along with what looks like form lines running horizontally. Also there are no lentils across the window openings for support, one window actually has a large chunk missing out of the top. The Cross is actually inserted into a large metal pipe that protrudes from the center of the wall. There are also 2 other metal pipes, one running vertically below the cross outside of the building and is wired to the windows below the cross, the other is that small piece protruding from the upper wall that looks like a piece of wood, probably some type of roof drain. Further evidence is the anchor bolts along the top of one wall that would have secured a wood plate for rafters to attach too.

No doubt that this is NP/DB/?/?/? alleged "Mission"

Links to different photos

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/10789631.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/10789666.jpg

Panoramio - Photos by Lindsay Hawk > Lower Eagle Creek in AZ

Church Ruins 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevendkeller/5813139540/in/photostream/

Last edited:
I once had someone tell me there was a Spanish fort above Bisbee...one could stand in front of the post office, in old Bisbee, not the new one, and see this rock wall, with a "cannon" muzzle protruding....
"wow. really", I say...knowing full well the Spanish never lifted a rock in the area...still..i climb this hill...do not do it...and find the hand laid rock foundations of an antique copper queen mine building...lol...the cannon was a piece of six inch pipe someone had laid up into a crawl space vent...
what a fun exercise in futility...
I knew better, but had to double check...
no moral to this story except I am a total geek.

Last edited:
This is only one of the things that make it obvious we are looking at the exact same building.

Keep trying, you may eventually convince someone.

Joe Ribaudo

Well, there are ruins at the base of Flatiron?....Just to the left as you go up the draw. I've always wondered what it's from. Maybe someone could chime in who knows? It has a small foundation with a crawl space and a base from where a chimney was.

I went an looked it up...then promptly forgot...duh...there was a mine shaft dug up there before Arizona was a state...mining camp restaurant road...walk up to the base of the cliff...big hole...be careful. the foundations are remains from the mine building...what was the name of that thing....

hello memory...come home please...:hello:

Good Day.

img185.jpg

Church Ruins, Lower Eagle Creek | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Church Ruins, Lower Eagle Creek by steve_keller, on Flickr

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm everything looks Identical to me. (except for some trees and bushes and the front partial wall is gone)

Last edited:

Good Day.

Ojde,

You also wrote:

Ophir - J de Molay
user-offline.png
new.gif
Oct 2013
All Types Of Treasure Hunting

treasminder2,

Your insight into the ONFP is very good. Especially about Jerry Cheathum.

We were one of the first groups approached for assistance in the ONFP Project because of our success in the past. Our group is very old and successful and is made up of professionals in every field. We have some of the best researchers and equipment available. Members of our group were researching the Organ Mountains and the Jornada del Muerto years before Ova Noss was born. Needless to say, we decided not to become involved with the ONFP Project.

They then turned to the Mormons. I always thought it was unusual that the ONFP split up and started hunting Sardine Canyon in the Caballo Mountains. In 1995, Jerry and his Mormon investors filed numerous mining claims and did extensive ground penetrating radar tests with no luck. (Must have been the rabbit ears.)

Good luck.

It would seem that your group is well known, and available for hire, at times.

I believe there are many people on this site who would like to know the name of your group, and how to reach you.

Joe Ribaudo

Good Day.
We will probably never know his motives, I for one would not mind an apology for his treatment of the forum and his behavior towards some members and other well known people that he bad mouthed, after all he is the one who got misinformed from somewhere. Although it does seem NP/DB/?/?/? did leave abruptly, I wonder if somebody pulled the rug from under his "Mission" picture in a pm?

Last edited:
Ophir posted this earlier today...

Those of us who stated that NP's photo was NOT from the location he claimed in/near the Superstitions did so because it was clear to us that the second building photo was EXACTLY IDENTICAL. I don't live in the area, so didn't go to investigate it myself, but saw most of the photos Somero just posted which CLEARLY showed that not only is the terrain exactly the same, but the buildings are also exactly the same (minus some wear and tear).

It's clear to me that Ophir doesn't let facts interfere with a good story.

Perhaps there was a mission/church/building at the location NP claimed, but it's 100% clear to most if not all of us that the photo he used to prove that claim was NOT from that spot.

Somero - thanks for loading up those photos - I had seen them the other day, but have been too busy to post them. By the way - have you found out any history surrounding that building?

Last edited:
Cubfan

Sorry have not had time to chase down information, timing issue mainly, hopefully tomorrow if they are not available today. I did have time in the evenings to look at better pictures of the building and did a post on page 92 on my thoughts.

Go Cards :hello2:

So here is the lowdown on the building.

The gentleman I spoke with on the phone said the water company that started around 1898, had a steam pump up in that area, so there was a small community living in the area, just a few houses, but the building in question was the school house. It was built around 1900, the gentleman informed me he first saw it in 1944 and it had already suffered a fire. Yes it is concrete, quite common for that time. The cross is a more recent addition, although the community may have used the school house as a church also.

Last edited:
So here is the lowdown on the building.

The gentleman I spoke with on the phone said the water company that started around 1898, had a steam pump up in that area, so there was a small community living in the area, just a few houses, but the building in question was the school house. It was built around 1900, the gentleman informed me he first saw it in 1944 and it had already suffered a fire. Yes it is concrete, quite common for that time. The cross is a more recent addition, although the community may have used the school house as a church also.

Eric,

Perhaps someone put it up there to take a picture of an old "mission".

I expect Matthew, Azhiker, Spirit.....etc, to come along any time now with a spirited defense of NP, as he was pretty popular among certain quarters for awhile.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back