Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

being new to this forum i am up in arms about if i really need to be a part of it. and i am a little upset about me giving away that spot. sure someone would have figured it out, but I feel responsible.... as you stated.. i threw a gold bar into a room full of people w/ metal detectors... thats all...so a little frustration... and a little anger i guess...as for NP and DB well they had more than 8-9 posts to delete.i will get over it.. as i said i havent been there in 10 years anyways..

Jimmshoes

There is no reason to feel bad about giving away the location, it's not like the keys to Fort Knox. I for one appreciate the help in solving the puzzle to the NP/DB photo, I'm sure many others here also appreciate it. We are just a suspicious bunch as you can probably tell. :argue:

Last edited:
its not MY spot... its a spot i knew about.... as somero pointed out it is part of a hiking trail i guess.... just didnt want to bring attention to it... i used to camp there... place probably picked over years ago for the treasure huntin dudes..

Sorry , I misunderstood your post . Your exaggerated reaction confused me a bit .

its not MY spot... its a spot i knew about.... as somero pointed out it is part of a hiking trail i guess.... just didnt want to bring attention to it... i used to camp there... place probably picked over years ago for the treasure huntin dudes..

Some of these photos posted are in the past 5 years, so looks like it's doing fine. Like I said anybody foolish enough to go dig there would probably have to deal with the locals RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD.

think i drank a little too much and wasnt myself i guess.... i guess i am a little interested to find out something about that spot.....

That means how my instict works good and my previous " instant " post had a target . Just now you have validate my deleted post .

i knew that building was a mining town artifact...just could not place it...been a long time since i was down in the safford area...mid 1970's...spent most of my time on the eden side of safford.

i delete posts when people hump my leg over historical fact.
the moderators delete my post for what ever reason they do...

thanks for solving this mud ruin affair...

I imagine that those who know who NP really is, will be passing that information along to others, so that he can be avoided in the future. I assume that some folks, you know who you are, probably approve of his made up "facts" and "evidence". I wonder if it's ok to call a spade a spade on this site?

Doubt NP will be complaining to the moderators.:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

Hi Mike,

Good to see you back again.

I imagine that those who know who NP really is, will be passing that information along to others, so that he can be avoided in the future. I assume that some folks, you know who you are, probably approve of his made up "facts" and "evidence". I wonder if it's ok to call a spade a spade on this site?

Doubt NP will be complaining to the moderators.:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

Hi Mike,

Good to see you back again.

Maybe some day an enterprising soul will launch a 'Lost Dutchman' reality teevee show. Controversy, intrigue, an unlikely cast of widely different personalities (scholars, adventurers, rogues, rascals, obsessors, blowhards, lunatics), a challenging and dangerous venue and ... oh, yeah, a well-known 'lost mine' back story.

Maybe some day an enterprising soul will launch a 'Lost Dutchman' reality teevee show. Controversy, intrigue, an unlikely cast of widely different personalities (scholars, adventurers, rogues, rascals, obsessors, blowhards, lunatics), a challenging and dangerous venue and ... oh, yeah, a well-known 'lost mine' back story.

Like an ancient greek tragedy .

Last edited:
i knew that building was a mining town artifact...just could not place it...been a long time since i was down in the safford area...mid 1970's...spent most of my time on the eden side of safford. i delete posts when people hump my leg over historical fact. the moderators delete my post for what ever reason they do... thanks for solving this mud ruin affair...

I suppose you still think I'm full of hot air for saying the place existed....hmm.

I guess tom forgot were he is at,since the mission is not located on queen creek,I would say tom is seriously loosing his memory,I guess that's a good way to say woops,how did I miss this part of history,I guess soon every one will know the truth, and something else he has wrong,as long as ive ever heard about the mission,not bob or any one else ever said it was a Jesuit mission,np:cat: ps,why don't you send him the real information next time, not what you made up

it's not just Bob Ward's story about the mission, I have been there hundreds of times and I know other people who have been there. So to me it's not just a story if I saw it with my own eyes and so have others. Not all missions or visitas are listed. This one was exactly where I said it was. np

You're accusing me of making up my own clues, my thread is strictly about the truth.np

:icon_scratch: We will probably never know what NP/DB's motivations are/were.

:icon_scratch: We will probably never know what NP/DB's motivations are/were.

Eric,

What you say is true, but there are members who will give people like NP support, like this:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/59355.html

Since it is not posted on the well traveled portions of the board, it really is being used to egg him on with false information. It's only people like NP who will be influenced by statements like this about Garry and I. Those who know us will simply laugh.

Not everything that is "new" is necessarily worthwhile.

Take care,

Joe

Eric,

What you say is true, but there are members who will give people like NP support, like this:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/59355.html

Since it is not posted on the well traveled portions of the board, it really is being used to egg him on with false information. It's only people like NP who will be influenced by statements like this about Garry and I. Those who know us will simply laugh.

Not everything that is "new" is necessarily worthwhile.

Take care,

Joe

Joe

I had read those statements quite a while ago, made me shake my head in disbelief that members here could try and start a flame war using another member as a "spark" Kinda makes you wonder what other dragons are lurking in the deep dark waters.

Joe

I had read those statements quite a while ago, made me shake my head in disbelief that members here could try and start a flame war using another member as a "spark" Kinda makes you wonder what other dragons are lurking in the deep dark waters.

Eric,

There is a lot going on under those "deep dark waters". Someone who would perpetrate such a fraud, seeing it coming unraveled, might very well come on the site under another name and expose the truth. NP had a serious need to stay in the limelight. Easy thing to do when you insist you are a big part of LDM history, but refuse to reveal your identity.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

i went over the first couple posts on this thread and am thinking that maybe NP truly thought there was a mission at the base of the superstition mountains.. maybe someone gave him that photoshopped pic of the mission/church with the mountains in the background? maybe he walked around peralta trail area and did find piles of rubble which he thought could have been the foundation of said mission.he came up with HIS theory that the tablets were being delivered to that mission, and he believed the tablets matched up to his area at spirit mountain i guess? as i think about this, i cant help but wonder how many people have come up with their own THEORIES about the peralta stones or any of the 100's of maps that supposedly lead to the LDM.and thats not to mention the 100's of clues to the LDM. nobody knows the origins of the stone tablets,maps, or the accuracy of the clues,(just as NP didnt know the origins of his photo) but many people think they lead to something somewhere.... so maybe NP was just pushing HIS theory on this thread and wasn't even aware that the pic he posted was a HOAX.maybe he thought it was a key element of this puzzle..... but on the other hand, maybe he just wanted attention..or mislead people or,or...

Jim,

You have got to be kidding. Have you read NPs posts?

Joe Ribaudo

Joe

I don't want to become the devil's advocate , but :

IMO , NP believed this story with the mission . Is too rediculous to support hard something when you just want to play a game . Somebody who was his friend and had some fame in the Superstition treasure hunting , told him the false story and NP just believed . Why not ? For that time the story was very believable . This could be happened to anyone . I am sure how NP feel betrayed and now he trying to collect the broken pieces .

i didnt read all of them lately... just the first few this mornin.up to your post at #13(wayyyy back in march) w/ the pic of said church.. i read em on and off while the thread was being written but hell w/kids and a wife screamin at me half the time, i guess i didnt absorb all the info too well. cant blame a guy for trying to uphold a theory.

Sorry Jim,

This was no theory, it was a complete fabrication.....start to finish. Can't recall the exact number, but I believe he said the "mission" photo had been in his family for sixty or so years. Said he had been to the site and nothing was left of the building. Said it was on the old Burns Ranch. Even denigrated Tom Kollenborn for not knowing about it. This kind of crap has been going on for months.

Joe RIbaudo

Joe

I don't want to become the devil's advocate , but :

IMO , NP believed this story with the mission . Is too rediculous to support hard something when you just want to play a game . Somebody who was his friend and had some fame in the Superstition treasure hunting , told him the false story and NP just believed . Why not ? For that time the story was very believable . This could be happened to anyone . I am sure how NP feel betrayed and now he trying to collect the broken pieces .

May I ask whom this friend with the false info was? Thank you in advance, just would like to avoid trusting any info from that source in future if possible.
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back