Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

I started this thread to share my theory about a different interpretation to the stone tablets. Specifically, that they are connected to the Spirit Mountain area. I've argued about the existence of the mission, provided a picture and given directions. Some of you will never be convinced and I doubt ever had open minds. No matter. I've answered questions and had many of my inquiries rudely ignored.

I've said my piece.

If you still think there's something to be found in the Superstition Mountains after all these years, lots of luck!

I'm done. Done with the Superstition Mountains and DONE HERE.

Adios Amigos and Happy Trails, sincerely, Not Peralta :cat::cat::cat:

YEP........GIG IS UP

Yes, it's a house. It's as real as can be. It has historical significance only because people are becoming more aware of their local history. If it wasn't for that, nobody would give a damn about it. I first visited the house about 10 years ago. I plan to go there again soon and will take new pics and/or video.

Since its a house,you know where its at. Lets go see it.
You,me, and somero.
I live close to Peralta Road,and go to Phoenix every day.
Or,just give its location. Its falling down anyway.
Whats the deal. Are you holding the where about's in secrecy for some reason? Or a secret society?

I started this thread to share my theory about a different interpretation to the stone tablets. Specifically, that they are connected to the Spirit Mountain area. I've argued about the existence of the mission, provided a picture and given directions. Some of you will never be convinced and I doubt ever had open minds. No matter. I've answered questions and had many of my inquiries rudely ignored.

I've said my piece.

If you still think there's something to be found in the Superstition Mountains after all these years, lots of luck!

I'm done. Done with the Superstition Mountains and DONE HERE.

Adios Amigos and Happy Trails, sincerely, Not Peralta :cat::cat::cat:

So......................still going to the rendezvous?

Does anyone know if you need permission from the folks at the Burn's ranch to roam around the area? I know most of the area to the south is State Trust land and a permit is usually needed.

I appreciate your comment. The OP, that's a different story. I'm not going to give him the pleasure of a response.

The house was burnt down years from what I've been told. I think it would be irresponsible of me to disclose the location for the obvious. Looters, vandals, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of responsible treasure hunters out there that would give this place as much respect as I have given it, but once it's in the internet world, bye bye. Any responsible person who respects history should understand.

I've lived in AZ since 1975. I'm an avid hiker and have traveled the state extensively. This includes the Superstitions. My father was always interested in the LDM and got me hooked. I've camped out there extensively in my 20s and still go there occasionally with my son. Am I a serious treasure hunter who is actively looking for the LDM? No. With all the history of the legend, it's hard to believe there's not SOME truth to the story.

Despite what the OP says, there's still a few structures and hidden gems in the Superstitions that only a few, IMHO, still know about. I'm sure there's more that have yet to be discovered.

I've been blessed to know many old timers out here who know the area EXTENSIVELY. This includes Tom Kollenborn. GREAT guy and full of knowledge regarding the Superstitions. I'm sure many of you know the man from the books he's written.

Anyways, sorry to start up the controversy. I will go back to my AT Gold forum now... lol

Glad you responded again Daugela, and good to hear your original post wasn't what I termed a "driveby" :). You're probably aware that in all things treasure hunting, there are controversies and quite often someone will hop into a thread and post something dramatic and potentially very enlightening, but fail to ever post enough information for anyone to really follow up on.

I'm not sure I understand why you can't simply share the location unless you're afraid folks will go to the location and damage the structure in some way, but if you're not willing to do that, it would be great if you could indeed post new photos of it from the same apparent photographer position so they can be compared easily.

Another alternative would be to pick one person who lives locally who posts regularly on this and other LDM threads and take that person along to see your site? If you should decide to do that, might I suggest you contact sgtfda, somero or roadrunner via PM?

Looking forward to seeing photos of your site.

I appreciate your comment. The OP, that's a different story. I'm not going to give him the pleasure of a response.

The house was burnt down years from what I've been told. I think it would be irresponsible of me to disclose the location for the obvious. Looters, vandals, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of responsible treasure hunters out there that would give this place as much respect as I have given it, but once it's in the internet world, bye bye. Any responsible person who respects history should understand.

I've lived in AZ since 1975. I'm an avid hiker and have traveled the state extensively. This includes the Superstitions. My father was always interested in the LDM and got me hooked. I've camped out there extensively in my 20s and still go there occasionally with my son. Am I a serious treasure hunter who is actively looking for the LDM? No. With all the history of the legend, it's hard to believe there's not SOME truth to the story.

Despite what the OP says, there's still a few structures and hidden gems in the Superstitions that only a few, IMHO, still know about. I'm sure there's more that have yet to be discovered.

I've been blessed to know many old timers out here who know the area EXTENSIVELY. This includes Tom Kollenborn. GREAT guy and full of knowledge regarding the Superstitions. I'm sure many of you know the man from the books he's written.

Anyways, sorry to start up the controversy. I will go back to my AT Gold forum now... lol

Would you tell us this if it is at least around Peralta trail head or in the vicinity?
Is it by Queen Creek?

And now he takes his marbles and goes home yet again......This is what happens when the Truth comes out .... Someone knows exactly where this building is and the gig is up! BB played that game for many years.

Nope,cant prove where the building is either.
Cant even name the bald spot it used to sit on. If it is even a bald spot,or even a patch of ground.
More evidence with no proof.

Not pointed at you Vasseterian.

Last edited:
Yup,then this person says he knows the location,but the building is there no more,but cant name the location because some one will go and disturb the building thats not there no more.
So he can not prove his statement. Cant even tell us where this empty lot is.
Or if its even real.
Can not even post photo of the mountain in the back ground either.

Can you tell us where it is?
Can we have a look at it? Is it on private property, or on in a protected area?

Ok. So it is in the supes,or around the area East of Phoenix.
Thanks for your posts.
I will pass the pics around and see if I can find it on my own.
Also ask some Rangers or NFS personnel for help.

Interesting usernames floating about recently.........................and nobody is telling where.

it is nowhere near where NP claims it to be. i cant give an exact location for it cause i personally dont want a bunch of treasurehunters in the area. i basically follow this forum to pass the time and build up some stories for when my nephews come out to az and i take em hikin in the supes.the LDM story makes it more interesting than just walkin around. ya know?

Would it be possible for you to post the photo you have as your profile pic as a separate photo so it would easier for us to see? It certainly does look to be the same building that NP posted a photo of.

Also, do you know anything about the history of the building?

Ok. So it is in the supes,or around the area East of Phoenix.
Thanks for your posts.
I will pass the pics around and see if I can find it on my own.
Also ask some Rangers or NFS personnel for help.

Roadrunner - he mentioned that it's nowhere near the Superstitions.

View attachment 879149 this is it.... i see quite a few resemblences to NP's photo.especially the top off the wall closest to you..his cross is just a wooden stick.hmmm this cross was still there ten years ago.i know nothing about this building. and it is a 3+ hour drive from apache junction on highways.not sure if you are allowed around it anymore though.

Thank you very much! It certainly looks very much like the building NP posted. Wish I could see past that foliage in the front to check for the "cleanout hole" in the lower left side of the wall facing us - that would be yet another feature identical.

NP seems to have "left the building" so to speak, so doubt we'll ever hear his input on it. I also suspect we won't have the opportunity to speak to him at the Rendezvous that he planned to attend, however there's always the chance.

Thanks again - any other photos or information you're willing to share on the building, please feel free to do so. As much as I wish you could share the location so folks like myself could go see for themselves, on a public forum like this, all it takes is one unethical person to find it and damage/destroy it. I understand your unwillingness to give away where it is - just disappointed that it has to be that way.

Jimmshoe

Thanks for posting the photo. Did your original photo have the mountains in the background? If so, could you post that one also?

I find it interesting that there are none of the typical desert plants found around the Superstitions, mainly Saguaros and Cholla.

View attachment 879208 it did have the mountains but as i stated it is nowhere near the supes ...this building is not off the beaten path as you can clearly see a dirt road right next to it.this is a overview from the latest google earth so it is clearly still there. the shadows of the face of the building clearly show it is still pretty much intact.as i stated before i am not a treasure hunter. i have followed this post offline awaiting NP to post pics of this so called phantom mission that used to exist at the base of the supes off peralta trail. when he posted the pic of this exact mission i felt it necessary to log into my account to shed some light on this building.nowhere near the supes and not just a pile of rubble. NP would be leading all of you on a wild goose chase trying to match up this so called area.i know alot of people see my new member tag and may not take this info seriously, but an overview of the latest google earth should be enough. if you find it congrats i dont think you will be doing much detecting in this area anyways.

Jimmshoe

I hope you can understand any suspicions surrounding NP/DB claims along with any claims surrounding this structure, no offense was intended. It would be nice to put these claims about this "mission" to rest and I appreciate your help in doing so.

old mission 4.jpgold mission 3.jpg

Very Nice Location.................Jimmshoe would you mind if I share the location with everyone? I can't see any reason to keep it secret since it is on the beaten path and it appears there are no fences around it. I'm sure a little research will keep any one from digging around it also, as it would be pointless to do so.

good for you somero how ya find it so quick?.. doesnt matter to me if ya share it. you found it on google so whatever ya do with it is up to you...just remember ya share it on a public forum and... well you know... i found the ruins of a stone building one time and someone took some stones off the walls to build a firepit ya know?people dont care. so hopefully ya share it with a select few.

I'm doing a little research on the area to see if I can find any info about it online, otherwise it may be a long road trip to speak with the folks in town about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back