Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

image-4012081960.jpg

OH WELL,...................NO ANSWERS,.................NO MORE INFORMATION TO EXCHANGE, have a nice day,np:cat::cat::cat:

Ok, I've been meaning to ask this for awhile but have been too lazy. The area I circled on NP's image - is that part of the mountain range in the background, or an extension of the building? I originally thought it was a part of the mountain and figured it would be a distinctive feature to look for, but I noticed a couple other people seemed to imply that it was a "bell tower" or other feature of the building itself.

Thoughts?

Not Peralta's Mission in the Superstitions adjusted 2.jpg

cubfan64,to answer your first question, yes I am wouldn't miss it,............second what your looking at in the photo is part of the mnts,np:cat:

Ok, I've been meaning to ask this for awhile but have been too lazy. The area I circled on NP's image - is that part of the mountain range in the background, or an extension of the building? I originally thought it was a part of the mountain and figured it would be a distinctive feature to look for, but I noticed a couple other people seemed to imply that it was a "bell tower" or other feature of the building itself.

Thoughts?

View attachment 874737

View attachment 874746

Cubfan64,
Just an opinion, but it appears to be a rock formation under magnification. No hollow core and the same texture as the surrounding mountains. Impossible to say with certainty but it looks natural. Also, it seems strange to place this structure right besides a massive rock (far left side). Why would anyone put windows on that side if there were no view or a natural light source? It is a photograph, I am convinced, but I still don't get ll the mystery? I guess I am confused as to why no one will share its location. If it is not there any more, there is nothing to destroy. And if it was there, well there are ways to proof it once the location is known.

Last edited:
Cub

You build a small mission building. The design works so you use it again. Perhaps the same builder. Why put a bell tower on a small building. Then you would need a large bell. Small building small bell.

hal croves,there is no massive rock next to the building,it is also part of the mnts in the background,and the directions to this site are very specific and have been given numerous times in this thread.np:cat:

Not Peralta,
I am a bit slow. Will you post the location for me again?
It sure looks like the structure is very close to that rock. Since the formations do not change with time (to any noticeable extent) it should be a no brain-er to find and photograph the remains.

Thank you!

Thanks for the opinions all - I thought it looked like a part of the distant mountains as well, but I believe Markmar implied that it was part of a "bell tower" attached to the building. I would say that specific section of the distant mountains would stick out today and be easily be able to identify. I will not that the photo from the supposed locatoin by someone (Vastterrain?) earlier in this thread looked similar, but I didn't see that distinctive section of mountain.

NP - another question if you don't mind. You've stated that this is a photograph of the actual site and not a photograph of a painting. If so, do you know who took the photo (Bob Garman?), or the exact time frame that the photo was taken?

The reason I ask is not to trick you or anything, I'm just confused that if that photo was taken in the 1910-1930 timeframe, how on earth did folks like Jim Bark and other's ranching in the area who obviously knew that area like the backs of their hands, not mentioned it as something significant? Other than your photo and Bob Ward's comments, I haven't found anything at all to indicate that structure looked like that and was at the spot you suggest in the 1910-1930 timeframe.

Not saying it didn't exist, but I'm just surprised it was never mentioned if it looked like that at the time.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you later this month.

good morning,had your :coffee2:, these forums are for sharing information, since I started this thread in march,I am amazed at the information on the supe's that has not been shared,WHY?, there are people that have been on here for years,
today I would like to see people talk about the ancient trail system running from hieroglyphic canyon,to,freemont saddle,to west boulder canyon and east side of west boulder canyon, all the way to horse mesa, this trail system can be followed by certain markers, I would like to see people discuss this, after all , the trail system I just described is one of the oldest in the range, and why does it only go from hieroglyphic canyon to horse mesa,np:cat:

hal croves, Im not being rude,just tired of repeating the directions,they are on this thread not to far back, and yes it looks like the rock is right next to the building, but its not, its just the way the person took the picture,theres nothing left only parts of the foundation, thanks for understanding.np:cat:

cubfan64, this is a photo taken in 1940 to 1942, it was not in barks interest to share this with anyone, he was also hunting for treasure,and getting gold from some were on his ranch,np:cat:

good morning,had your :coffee2:, these forums are for sharing information, since I started this thread in march,I am amazed at the information on the supe's that has not been shared,WHY?, there are people that have been on here for years,
today I would like to see people talk about the ancient trail system running from hieroglyphic canyon,to,freemont saddle,to west boulder canyon and east side of west boulder canyon, all the way to horse mesa, this trail system can be followed by certain markers, I would like to see people discuss this, after all , the trail system I just described is one of the oldest in the range, and why does it only go from hieroglyphic canyon to horse mesa,np:cat:
lets continue,thank you np:cat:

cubfan64, this is a photo taken in 1940 to 1942, it was not in barks interest to share this with anyone, he was also hunting for treasure,and getting gold from some were on his ranch,np:cat:

NP - thanks for your answer. Not to sound like a smart-butt, however there were WAYYYYYY many more people in that area than just Jim Bark. The whole Barkley family and all the folks who worked for him. All the men who worked for Bark during that time. All the folks involved in the search for Adolph Ruth, and the list goes on and on and on.

How do you explain the fact that not a single other reference than Bob Ward's book and your photo has come to light yet identifying a "mission" or even a structure like that in that specific area?

It will be interesting to talk to Clay Worst about it since he was all over the Superstitions and between he and Tom Kollenborn would have either known about, seen or heard about a mission in that area.

I know you think everyone is against you and conspiring to hide the information for some unknown reason, but I've seen no evidence of that myself - all I hear are a bunch of people using logic to try to understand how a structure like that can go virtually completely unnoticed (especially if it WAS a mission), in an area where there were many many people.

cubfan64, there were plenty of people that knew were it was, that site was dug up from 1940 to 1970,bob even said in his book that garman was their with other people,bob was there,bob saw more people dig there , and so did I,also you have the dios rock that was found right there in the same area that clearly has a mission symbol,I also know of another cabin site that is less than fifty feet off the main trail in the supe's,and it was there for about 125years, and its never been written about or mentioned by any writers,how do you explain that?

Sgt a bt of booze in yer coffee? You posted -->

You build a small mission building. The design works so you use it again. Perhaps the same builder. Why put a bell tower on a small building. Then you would need a large bell. Small building small bell. "

You are correct, the Jesuit missions were of generally of the same design. The mission up at Tayopa was of this conventional design, still used --->

In general the main door was orientated to the south for max interior lighting. They did not use a cupola type bell enclosure, but a simple wall type with opening for the bell- 's.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Dobies Map of Tayopa.jpg
"bell tower.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back