Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

Implying or calling someone a liar violates our rules.

Just like the police don't catch every one speeding, we don't catch every post that violates our rules, only the ones that we happen to see or are reported.

Try asking the police officer why he is giving you a ticket and not the other speeders that past you and see what he says.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I understand being a Moderator is a tough job, I have no misconception about that. This may seem to be splitting hairs and I'd rather it not get out of control, but I did not call anybody a liar, I called his statements into question. The quotes above show his own misguided judgment, He claims Jacob Waltz found gold, then in other statements claims he is a fiction. This is only one example.

Granted I stepped over the line with the "Blind Spot" meter, but when someone is bent on misdirection and bad advice, like drinking water where animals may be drinking (which could be contaminated) or jumping off a cliff, it is a danger to the truth and well being of anyone who takes the advice. Seriously if some inexperienced person went into the mountains and figures "I can drink this stagnant water cause I read it online" its detrimental to this forum, after all we have warnings on hair dryers and coffee cups. Even when left alone in the thread, it is constantly updated with bad advice, attempting to bait others, unfortunately I took it.

I'm not going to have any further dealings in this matter.

Last edited:
The BS meter post is what caused me to step in and make these posts..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

secretcanyon, IM glad that there are moderators to control these sites,i cant imagine what these sites would be like with out them.np

I started this thread "Do the stone tablets lead somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns" to show people where the stone tablets are meant to be used in the Spirit Mountain area. I seem to be spending a lot of time answering questions about the Superstitions and defending my knowledge of them. I am not interested in the Superstitions. They are nothing but a death trap for inexperienced hikers. Remember, the stone tablets never mention a mine, gold, silver, treasure or the name of the river. Nor do they mention "Peralta".

Let's stop wasting our time talking about the Superstition Mountains. Open your mind and your eyes and look somewhere else where there are plenty of markers that match the tablets. After 60+ years, I believe it's time. Unless you just like following everyone else down the wrong path. Spirit Mountain has a "wealth" of history, lore and stories that are too fantastic to ignore. I believe that once you have been down an old trail many times, it's time to try a new one. Let's talk about Spirit Mountain and leave the Superstitions in the dust, where they belong. np

I started this thread "Do the stone tablets lead somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns" to show people where the stone tablets are meant to be used in the Spirit Mountain area. I seem to be spending a lot of time answering questions about the Superstitions and defending my knowledge of them. I am not interested in the Superstitions. They are nothing but a death trap for inexperienced hikers. Remember, the stone tablets never mention a mine, gold, silver, treasure or the name of the river. Nor do they mention "Peralta".

Let's stop wasting our time talking about the Superstition Mountains. Open your mind and your eyes and look somewhere else where there are plenty of markers that match the tablets. After 60+ years, I believe it's time. Unless you just like following everyone else down the wrong path. Spirit Mountain has a "wealth" of history, lore and stories that are too fantastic to ignore. I believe that once you have been down an old trail many times, it's time to try a new one. Let's talk about Spirit Mountain and leave the Superstitions in the dust, where they belong. np

NP,

This forum is "The Lost Dutchman's Mine". All of the topics in it are sub-topics of that theme. I don't believe the LDM being in Spirit Mountain will fly here, if that's what you are trying to accomplish. If the history of that mountain is the only treasure to be found there, it probably belongs in another area.

That's just one man's opinion. Others, including you, may have another.:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper,If that's the case then why are the stone tablets discussed at all on this forum,they have absolutely nothing to do with the lost Dutchman.np

cactusjumper,If that's the case then why are the stone tablets discussed at all on this forum,they have absolutely nothing to do with the lost Dutchman.np

NP,

That is simply your opinion. Granted, others agree but not everyone.

Many of the stories about the LDM put it right on the Stone Map trail or, at the least, inside the boundaries of the maps. The mine that we found in 2004 happens to be right where one of the Xs on the Stone Maps is located. I believe a number of the legends have their homes right on those two trail maps. The legend of the LDM is there, for sure......On the other hand, IMHO, the reality of the LDM is likely somewhere else.

Joe Ribaudo

NP,

I took the above picture and the outcropping they are standing on made a White's Void Detector sing......big time. It's in Little Boulder Canyon. Can anyone find it? You have to get on your hands and knees to get to it.:o GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Just a very few things that have been found. I could go on for hours. Some of these pictures were taken by me, others were sent to me by friends.

And YOU?:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

I made a few changes in this post, so I thought I would bump it back to the top.

Donald,

I don't think anyone likes it. I know I don't. That being said, it's a story that still needed to be told. Maybe more so because of the mess.

Take care,

Joe

This is why it was named the Pit. Find the LDM. Clean it out and fill it with trash. And in the wilderness area. At this point who will admit to that.

Now why would someone go through all that trouble and risk getting in trouble?

cactusjumper,those are nice pictures,but I see nothing in them that have any thing to do with the stone tablets,remember the stone tablets do not mention treasure, gold, siver,the name of the river ,or anything to do with some one named peralta. and in the states of az, nv, nm,there are thousands of old mine shafts.np

Yeah I guess 20 million reasons would be worth it, roughly 24,000,000,000 at today's price

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back