Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

Mr. Dunkle/Soze,

I did not ask you for your real name. I doubt I have addressed you more than a half dozen times, and I was always respectful. Please cut and paste the post where I harassed you. I will apologize immediately. Seems a bit of an extreme response to my asking if you were a gatekeeper. I find it amusing that after so many years you are still clueless as to how I recognize you.

I will honor your request to leave you alone. On the other hand, I will continue to post the facts as they relate to the Tucson artifacts. If you ask me a question, I will reply.

Once again, take care,

Joe Ribaudo....(Still respectful)

secretcanyon, Above and to the right of the massacre grounds in several of the washes, close to the base of the mountain, someone dismantled a stage coach. It's burried in several different washes. I found two doors and lots of wood and leather pieces that were still preserved by the sand. One of the doors had some kind of military insignia on it. After several attempts to dig it up I just reburried it. At the time, I didn't see any value in it. After all these years, I've never heard anything mentioned about a missing stage coach. You might want to keep your eyes open for this when you hike in the area. np

dr Thorpe was removed from a coach after it's ambush by apache?

secretcanyon,thank you for that info , its always a curiosity about differant things you find,when i found that stuff up there i knew it had no value,but thought it would be nice to record ,and let others know were it was at.thank you. np

that is why the staff put up with me in the history department...I mix theory an praxis.
I need three minutes with any object, an I am done...identification an poof, next!

welcome...i'd like to see that coach.

secretcanyon,you can see all the pieces of that coach you want ,the only parts that are good are the doors and they were the first to be found,with a detector you should have no problem,plenty of metal, there not deep,just follow the directions i gave,good luck,no need to hurry,np

do you believe in the tucson artifacts and the latin hearts,np

When are people going to wake up and stop listening to lecturers and authors (glory writers) bloviate about the Dutchman and the stone tablets in the Superstitions when they can't prove either? If you're really serious about wanting to solve this mystery, why not take your heads out of the sand and look some where else! np

do you believe in the tucson artifacts and the latin hearts,np

I would also be interested in Donald's opinion on the Tucson artifacts. In light of who one of the early archaeologist's on the site was, it would not surprise me if he might have a contrary opinion to that person's conclusions.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:
I would be interested in anyones opinion on the tuscon artifacts,there's a lot to be considered, the stone tablets are just that, the stone tablets,over the years people in one way or the other,have tried using different objects to add to them,so whats up.I know,do you.np

Last edited:
I would be interested in anyones opinion on the tuscon artifacts,there's a lot to be considered, the stone tablets are just that, the stone tablets,over the years people in one way or the other,have tried using different objects to add to them,so whats up.I know,do you.np

NP,

Yes, of course I know. Do you know who the archaeologist is that I mentioned in my last post? "I know, do you"?:tongue3::laughing9: What do you feel is the first thing that needs to be considered? Done a lot of research into the Tucson artifacts?:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper,:BangHead:yes ,I know ,thats why i have a litter of kittens,:tongue3:I know,thats why im asking the questions,:cat:If you belive in the artifacts,then you have to believe in calalus,and also terra incognita,they make referance to serpents,monsters,and lions. america's nazca lines,what experts thought for years to be small horse's ,turned out to be lions.:cat:the american nazca lines bring you to only one place, one place only,SPIRIT MOUNTAIN,:dontknow::occasion14:that is a fact,and if you choose not to believe,thats your right,please give me your expert opinion,thats all i asked for,thank you.np

cactusjumper,:BangHead:yes ,I know ,thats why i have a litter of kittens,:tongue3:I know,thats why im asking the questions,:cat:If you belive in the artifacts,then you have to believe in calalus,and also terra incognita,they make referance to serpents,monsters,and lions. america's nazca lines,what experts thought for years to be small horse's ,turned out to be lions.:cat:the american nazca lines bring you to only one place, one place only,SPIRIT MOUNTAIN,:dontknow::occasion14:that is a fact,and if you choose not to believe,thats your right,please give me your expert opinion,thats all i asked for,thank you.np

NP,

There is no empirical evidence that the intaglios lead only to Spirit Mountain, but that's a conclusion that some have reached. It's altogether possible that they don't actually lead to any specific place, but were only created close to the Colorado River. As in all cases, that's where people lived.....close to water.

Since I don't believe in the authenticity of the Tucson artifacts, it follows that I see no possible connection to Spirit Mountain or the petroglyphs in the canyon.

Good luck in your search,

Joe

:dontknow:on this site there's so many people with years of knowledge on the dutchman and the stone tablets in the superstitions,after all this time,why dont you ask questions of your self,are you people ever going to find anything,or you just waiting for the next book to come out,np:dontknow:

Last edited:
secretcanyon,thank you, very interesting,any info ,is good info,np

Donald,

"An examination of the specifics regarding the dig will show that the artifacts were not made from automobile batteries. That is unless the automobile batteries in the 1920s were made in the 1870s. You see a tree grew over one of the artifacts that was dated back to the 1870s. A thorough scientific study of the composition of the artifacts will show the lead and antimony content of the artifacts actually proves nothing regarding whether the artifacts are real or not. Perhaps the artifacts tell us an incredible story that is verified in the land and history of the southwest. A small work to start with to understand the history of Calalus is Arizona in the 50s, by Travis. There is no finer work than Bent`s work the tucson artifacts, to unerstand the dig."

Since the artifact were found in the side of a trench, and old pictures show no trees above, what does this comment have to do with.......anything.:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:31 am

Something has turned up and I wanted to propose it to the forum. Many strange artifacts interpreted as evidence of pre-Columbian voyages to the New World are based on textual and/or symbolic evidence. As an archaeologist, context is everything, and in my experience many of these artifacts with texts have poorly recorded proveniences, or none at all. Many are now missing, documented either by line drawings or if lucky, photographs. That’s why I have always been attracted to the 32-piece assemblage of lead artifacts, known as the Tucson Artifacts, or as the Roman-Jewish Relics, discovered in 1924. I regard it to be one of the most underrated mysteries of the Americas. Their context and recovery were well documented by professional geologists and archaeologists, with many photos taken; they are presently stored at the Arizona Historical Society in Tucson. Their history is discussed in Don Burgess’s, “Roman Jews in Tucson? The Story of an Archaeological Hoax,” (Journal of the Southwest, Spring 2009, 51:1); it is the entire issue, and you can purchase it ala carte. His conclusion was that it is probably a hoax that was carried out during the course of the excavation.

I have reason to believe that this was not a hoax. I do not think the assemblage was meant to be accidently found. I think it was a cache from Sherod Hunter’s regiment stationed in Tucson in 1862. I think it was regalia from a Civil War field lodge used for Masonic ceremonies, and which may have included individuals affiliated to the Knights of the Golden Circle, connected to General Albert Pike. There were a number of Christian crosses, two with coiled snakes, six compound crosses riveted together and containing 8th Century Latin text, spears on broken shafts, short swords, Jewish ceremonial items; symbols include a dinosaur with his tongue sticking out, square and compass designs. The coiled snake on a cross is a theme associated with the Masonic 25th Degree, The Knight of the Brazen Serpent.

An artifact found under a 50-year old Mesquite tree provides a maximum date of ca. 1874. Also, the artifacts were scattered over a 2500-foot area on an eroding terrace, and then covered up all together, buried between three to six feet below the modern surface. There was absolutely no evidence of pits dug to plant the pieces under the surface; this is verified in the photographs and by multiple professional accounts during the discoveries, including comments by Dr. Neil Judd who personally excavated two of the pieces; Judd was a nephew of UAz’s Dr. Byron Cummings, and a Smithsonian archaeologist working at Chaco Canyon. To do all that earthmoving, an army begins to make sense.

I am wondering if the Knights of the Golden Circle might be somehow involved. It all depends on the merit of stories surrounding hidden Confederate caches of gold and treasures, and also stories about symbols and signs coded for directions or secret notes, etc. Confederate General Albert Pike was renowned for his use of symbols and languages, including Latin, Greek and Hebrew. These artifacts were made of lead, so their intrinsic value might be low. On the other hand, the text and/or symbols might contain coded geographic information (?).

Sample links:
Treasure Trove Dreams
http://treasuretrovegold.blogspot.com/2 ... signs.html
http://treasuretrovegold.blogspot.com/2 ... rst-2.html

If this kind of symbolic hanky panky was going on by the Confederates, could some of the anomalous artifacts or rocks with foreign languages on them – like the Hebrew at Las Lunas, NM and Big Bend? -- could some of these turn out to be affiliated to Confederate activity? Are some of these alleged evidences for pre-Columbian diffusion actually evidence of Confederate Masonic activity tied to groups like the Knights of the Golden Circle? Were some of these anomalous artifacts found along known Confederate routes?

Problem is, I don't know if these tales of KGC caches are true, and I haven’t dealt with Civil War issues at all; I do have a background in symbols.

Is it a connection worth pursuing?
Chris Hardaker
Earth Measure
hardaker

Specific information regarding the tree can be found In Bent, pages 87-89.

Tom Dunkle

G'evening Tom, coffee first? The 'Aztecs' left a string of Hebrew words and symbols from the Sinai to Mexico City on their migration. They also brought along their description of the White super beings from the East as evdenced by prediction of Cortez and his men.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back