Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

Joe

Ernie had told to you the truth . If you put the other clues which I gave you , maybe you are the second who knows where is the treasure .
The only thing which must make you thinking , is what made them to keep this secret for a long time , or for all them life ( uncle Chuck ) . I hope you will find the answer .

Marius

Marius,

If there was a treasure there, nothing would have kept Chuck away from it.......for any length of time. Chuck would have told me about the site, and I think he did, but there was no treasure. Believe there was a wooden bed frame and a few like items. Ernie had an active imagination and often stretched the truth a bit. I don't doubt there is an old dig, mine or cave at the location, but have no faith in any treasure being in it.

I told BB a long time ago that it was unlikely that his location held anything because it had been searched for many years by, just about, everyone. It was an old Chuck Crawford dig and had no ore or treasure. It's a true story that when he showed up at the Rendezvous, I got out a topo' and pointed out his exact location.:o

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:
Joe

One of Waltz clue says how near his mine is a cave where you can rest . Maybe after Waltz this cave was used by " watchers " .
Be careful and don't forget the clues .

Marius

Joe

One of Waltz clue says how near his mine is a cave where you can rest . Maybe after Waltz this cave was used by " watchers " .
Be careful and don't forget the clues .

Marius

Marius,

There are many, many "Waltz" clues. Do you know the source of that one?

Thanks,

Joe

A man dying from a lung issue would not be talking much. If at all. If you base your search on those statements you end up like those before you. Standing in the wrong spot looking for something that is not there.

sgtfda

Is not there because is hidden .

Marius

Joe

This one , I don't remember where I had read it , because I don't keep records . But at Clues to the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine by Bradley Williamson say too about a cave near the mine .

Marius

Marius,

Is there someplace where Mr. Williamson talks about his personal experience in the mountains? There are many people who offer their opinions and repeat old clues, without doing any serious research.

Thanks,

Joe

Last edited:
Here's a rather odd reference that I noticed today: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ountains-lost-treasure-mines.html#post3265613 The Peraltas were very prominent in early Spanish New Mexico- Pedro Pealta founded SantaFe in 1608. The village of Peralta still exists adjacent to the Isleta Pueblo. Placitas is located about halfway between the old gold mines south of Santa Fe and the village of Bernalillo, where Coronado wintered the first year of his expedition. Just a coincidence? Mixed up details?

Not entirely sure about the magazine article, but I've heard many stories about the Sandia mines. What specifically are you needing to know about them? I am also researching this area currently, specifically the mining trail from Tijeras to Placitas. Together with what my friend found, we've documented around 7 to 8 Spanish trail markers in this area. One of these days shortly I hope to go all the way up to the Donkey.

I also heard about a silver mine in the area, not sure if this is the same one, where some Natives found a gringo taking silver from the crack (apparently he was using a hatchet it was so thick). The Natives asked where he got the silver, he admitted to the location, they warned him that he could keep what he carried, but if he ever came back he'd be killed. Well he spent that silver, eventually went back, and was never seen again.

This story rung true with me. Ever since I moved to Albuquerque in '85 I've always heard people say you shouldn't go hiking up in the Sandia Pueblo land as people have died up there before.

The other story that I heard about the Sandias is regarding the Peralta mines and the Isleta Pueblo. Two families, the Peraltas and Gonzales (?) were mining an area. They were going to pack up, the Gonzales packed up their mines, but left their burros for the Peraltas to use. A few days later a few stragglers stumbled into town telling a story of an Apache attack, everybody died. Apparently this created a stigma between the Peralta and Gonzales families for many generations.

Not sure if either story is true, but I do know that the big rock monuments are there, and they lead to Placitas.

Regarding the Pueblo Revolt in general, it is very much a true story. There is a small part in Bandeliers journals where the Natives unearth a spring from dozens of feet of concrete. They told him they covered this spring during the Revolt. Apparently they covered and/or changed the landscape and destroyed many of the Spanish rock monuments, so much so that when de Vargas returned they weren't able to find 1 in 10 of their old mines. ... or something like that. I heard most of these stories from others, and have yet to find actual textual verification. I'm hoping that my friends knowledge of Castillian and a perusing of the documents at UNM and Palace of Governors will give me some hard evidence.

Smith and Jones...
Begay and Yazzie...
research dependent upon surnames is problematic...one needs more information to correctly identify the persons involved...

P.S. " Regarding the Pueblo Revolt in general, it is very much a true story"
the pueblo revolt is a factual event...in 1680, the hopi, an other pueblo people, tired of the abuse at the hands of the padres an others.
rape of women an children by the padre: being the most prominent cause mentioned in texts an orals histories.
a great example is the church up on third mesa...
the hopi gave the padre skydiving lessons off the cliff side an burned the church..one place the archies are not allowed to this day...

Last edited:
Smith and Jones...
Begay and Yazzie...
research dependent upon surnames is problematic...one needs more information to correctly identify the persons involved...

P.S. " Regarding the Pueblo Revolt in general, it is very much a true story"
the pueblo revolt is a factual event...in 1680, the hopi, an other pueblo people, tired of the abuse at the hands of the padres an others.
rape of women an children by the padre: being the most prominent cause mentioned in texts an orals histories.
a great example is the church up on third mesa...

the hopi gave the padre skydiving lessons off the cliff side an burned the church..one place the archies are not allowed to this day...

Don,

Do you recall which books mentioned the rapes by the padres?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

When you go to Sandia, be sure to try the Sandia Peak Tramway. At least that way you can take your backpack up on the tram and hike down any direction you want to go. Sure beats hiking up the mountain. np

sgtfda & Co

Ok...is not there . Is anywhere you want .
I suggest to throw away all the maps and the clues which have any relation with LDM , Peralta , etc. , and to wait for a vision or a dream to locate the mine .

Marius

Joe

A serious research is : first use all the maps and all the clues which have relation with what you looking for , and after if you don't have find anything , you must look for something else .
A serious research without maps and clues , never ending .

Marius

sgtfda & Co

Ok...is not there . Is anywhere you want .
I suggest to throw away all the maps and the clues which have any relation with LDM , Peralta , etc. , and to wait for a vision or a dream to locate the mine .

Marius
Ha ha...as good a plan as any, M. "Many are called, but few are chosen", as they say. I guess I'd rather be dealt a straight flush than a measly pair. Unfortunately, a lotta folks have already had those 'visions', but guess what? No cigar. Must be pranksters 'up there' too. Or maybe it was too much cheap vodka.

Springfield

In this game I share the cards , and sometimes I play with the cards open . I give an opportunity to anybody to make a straight flush or to keep a measly pair . But always I keep an ace in my sleeve . 8-)

Marius

M

I can see the Superstitions from my house. Im retired. I've located sites in the past with little to go on. Why am i not searching for the LDM? Am i smarter than Tom or Barry or Bob or any of those that spent their lives looking using those maps and clues. I ask is it there? I've not been told yes yet. I'm smart enough to look for other things where my effort may be rewarded. We know one thing, perhaps. There was gold under the bed and its not proven where it came from. I've seen a piece. Even that could be questioned.

sgtfda

You wrote " Why am i not searching for the LDM? Am i smarter than Tom or Barry or Bob or any of those that spent their lives looking using those maps and clues "

You must to not have a low self esteem . Everybody is smart but not everybody is lucky . Maybe they were a few steps from the mine but they could not see it . I believe they looked lower from the mine .
In my country a proverb says : " Every godfather have his godfather " . Never you don't give up because you believe how somebody before , in the same research , was smarter . Is time to write your history .
I hope to take a smart decision .

Marius

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back