Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

Last edited:
How did Dr. Glover manage to get the 8 x 10 printed on paper stock from the 1940-early 50 period, Joe ?
So it was actually the original NEGATIVE that was damaged, rather than a print !!

Regards:Wayne

No, the original print was folded and carried in a wallet.......as I remember. A photograph was taken of that damaged print and that was the negative that Dr. Glover received......as I remember.:dontknow:

Perhaps there will be more information in his new book. I know he has a chapter on the Stone Maps.

Good luck,

Joe

Ok, that makes sense. That a photo larger than wallet size would be folded to fit same.
But likely by someone who wanted the photo handy.
I tried to trace the photo card stock, using the name within the border's lower left corner.
Contacted a small photo company with that name in WA, but they were unable to help.
While the firm was old enough, it had changed hands since the period in question.

Well very good Somehiker

I see the 2 is still in tact on that photo but the dagger is sanded off,

Wrmickel1

The dagger's there Mick. It's just that it's washed out by the harsh lighting and difficult to make out in the photo.
Many of the other finer cuts in the stones are difficult to see as well.
Easy to see that the heart stone is much darker though, and that the two stones are heavily stained and quite possibly of a lighter coloured rock than those in the museum. They also appear to be more uneven and not as flat across their surface.

Last edited:
The dagger's there Mick. It's just that it's washed out by the harsh lighting and difficult to make out in the photo.
Many of the other finer cuts in the stones are difficult to see as well.
Easy to see that the heart stone is much darker though, and that the two stones are heavily stained and quite possibly of a lighter coloured rock than those in the museum. They also appear to be more uneven and not as flat across their surface.

Wayne,

it's been said that the surface of the stones has been milled, and the carvings redone.:dontknow: That seems like more than a possibility to me. The people at the M&M Museum all thought they were a hoax.

Take care,

Joe

Wayne,

it's been said that the surface of the stones has been milled, and the carvings redone.:dontknow: That seems like more than a possibility to me. The people at the M&M Museum all thought they were a hoax.

Take care,

Joe

Not exactly true Joe.

I have been corresponding with Ray Grant for several years. When we first broached the subject, he told me that several people at M&M Museum thought they were hoaxes based on the Desert Archaeology Inc "examination". He told me that he only knew what had heard. Most of the people there didn't know an awful lot about them or their history.

But now that Scott Wolters has examined them and they're authentic, does that change how you think? After all, he is a forensic geologist. He specializes in this sort of thing.

Mike

Not exactly true Joe.

I have been corresponding with Ray Grant for several years. When we first broached the subject, he told me that several people at M&M Museum thought they were hoaxes based on the Desert Archaeology Inc "examination". He told me that he only knew what had heard. Most of the people there didn't know an awful lot about them or their history.

But now that Scott Wolters has examined them and they're authentic, does that change how you think? After all, he is a forensic geologist. He specializes in this sort of thing.

Mike

Mike,

I talked to the people at the museum prior to the Desert Archaeology examination.

Actually, I'm not a big fan of Scott Wolters. Mr. Wolters has a show to promote and his "lone voice" in the field does not create much confidence for me. :dontknow: That opinion an five bucks will get me an average cup of Starbucks.:coffee2:

Take care,

Joe

Mr. Wolters has a show to promote and his "lone voice" in the field does not create much confidence for me. :dontknow: That opinion an five bucks will get me an average cup of Starbucks.:coffee2:

Well if that an't calling the kettle OBAMA,

Joe everyone of us on here, Is a self promoting "LONE VOICE" The only difference is Scott has a TV show, (lucky *******)
I'd say. Now was the show alittle weak, YEAH. HELL Yeah.

Wrmickel1

Take care, Joe

Wayne,

Take care,

Joe

Frankly, I can't see the point in milling the surface of the originals....or even in altering them. But had Travis and/or Mitchell wanted to make a set of copies for either personal use or other reasons, there are numerous sources of cut and even milled stone for that purpose. A visit to a memorial shop might not just yield suitable raw material, but even a craftsman or apprentice willing to do a little custom job on the side. I wasn't there, so I agree that anything is possible, but I also do not see any legitimate reason for Travis to have added the 0's to the reverse of the heart stone....at least to "throw" anyone else off. After all, why bother doing so if he and most others believed them to be fakes anyway. And just how would adding six 0's to an originally blank surface be deceptive ...any ideas ?
I know the "zeros", following the "1" appear as 1000000 or one million to most observers, likely even Travis himself, because of his comments about finding the "big hole" being worth a million, but I suspect a different meaning since five of them are actually flat on one end, not rounded as with the first 0.
After all the effort he supposedly put into the set, or even just the H/P stone as claimed by some, are we to believe he later forgot how to carve a zero with both ends rounded off ?

High Contrast reverse side.png

Last edited:
Hi Frank:

Why indeed ! I'd be guessing, but they must have had a good reason for their own...and a few others interest in that area.
I wonder if they found any of what they were looking for ?
And I also wonder...did they spend any time searching the terrain between Black Point and Millsite Canyon ?

Sorry I couldn't stop in that last evening. Would have loved to hear more.
Just too beat up from climbing up to and exploring some ruins, as well as checking out a couple of old mines and prospects nearby.
Spent almost five days in a row doing stuff like that. Saw over 100 F some days out there. No problems, but it sure slows me down when it gets like that....but NOTHING like that first week of August last year.....> on fire.png
Don't know why I always gotta climb up the sunny sides....:laughing7:
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend as much time at the rendezvous this year as I wanted to.
Couldn't even make it Friday night, but was happy to see those of you I could.
Done with the project you've been working on ?

Best: Wayne

Last edited:
I have a pretty off the wall notion of what they represent...Wouldn't it be silly if the 1 represents an adit and each following 0 reprints an additional adit???Thus 10+7=17...Just a thought...hehehe

Ed T:)lol

I dunno Ed.....what would Humpty Dumpty have come up with....hehehe....?
Have you found all 17 yet ?

Last edited:
Mike

Mike,

FWIW, Wolters was specifically referring to the H/P stone when he declared them authentic. He pointed out the discoloration of that rock as one example that led to his conclusion. I know that you are on the fence as far the authenticity of the H/P stone.

As an aside, it is quite obvious that the TS on display at the museum are not the same as the ones displayed on the bumper. I have pointed out a few examples of why, below. Also note discoloration on the original TS as well.

realTS.jpg

Finally got some Archs to respond from the AAS in Phoenix.

They are going to possibly come with to photgraph and give me a referral for the find of the man made structure I found for the Number 5 Mine

These new stone photos are awesome.....

Thank you again for throwing these up, they clarified some things about the number 7 clue shape carved and how it is clearly more like the number 7 in the original, the newer one seems like they added some scribed markings which really is strange as well, as I thought that was symbolizing a meteorite/triangular dome shape I found nearby the 5 mines.

In the discussion of the 000000's on the back of the heart stone, I noticed the carvings seem more arcane and amateur

I think these must have been added later after being found, where all the mystery lies in the faked stone theory i think really hold true here, but I think they are being misled by the finder of the stones that etched this afterwards to elude to another combination of clues,,,,,

the etchings are deemed a fake, as they differ from the other grooves and markings and are made to distract anyone away from the true sequenced solve.......

1-8 are the sequenced clues numbered for the mapped solve

they take the shape of the area when in the Superstition areas, and the shape of the number 5 mine ive shown is proof these are terraformed buildings and carved ethings that take the shape of the area.....we all agree that is the code,

but the clues double as sequences to other locations

and now that the number 7 has been shown in the old timer pics we can see there is a complete sequence through to the larger area.

Last edited:
Mike,

FWIW, Wolters was specifically referring to the H/P stone when he declared them authentic. He pointed out the discoloration of that rock as one example that led to his conclusion. I know that you are on the fence as far the authenticity of the H/P stone.

As an aside, it is quite obvious that the TS on display at the museum are not the same as the ones displayed on the bumper. I have pointed out a few examples of why, below. Also note discoloration on the original TS as well.

View attachment 1083993

Here is a mock up:

1939oldsmobile36.jpg

Here is a little thing I did a few years ago:

lowertrail1.jpg lowertrail1marked.jpg

Mike

The stone maps on the bumper may not be the same as the ones in the SMHS Museum, but that doesn't mean they are not the same ones as in the Mining and Minerals Museum. They are the same, I have always said it is possible there was another set made sometime before they were donated to the Flagg Foundation in 1969.

The ones I closely examined in 2010 are the same ones in the Museum Today.

Mike

Howdy Mike,

The hole you circled on the bottom bumper stone, is also missing on the red stones pictured on the grass. Could it be that they were just cast, and drying in the sun?:dontknow:

Homar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back