Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

you still have not told the world your theory,,and if you dont want to talk about bob ward, or his cabin, or the mission,,then stop,tell the world your expert theory.np

NP,

I don't really think the world would be interested in my "theory", whichever one you are talking about. You are working hard on disseminating your "theory" on Spirit Mountain having some kind of connection to the LDM and the Peralta Stones, do you feel the world is anxiously awaiting more revelations?

You seem to take it personally that I am not impressed with the record that Bob Ward left behind. I understand that he was your friend, so you want everyone to think he was a really great guy. I don't take it personally that you don't think much of Tom. None of us are usually liked by everyone.

On the other hand, I do have a theory/opinion on a mission located at the base of the Superstitions. It's based on historical facts and the lack of any documentation that such a place ever existed in that location. I don't agree that Bob Ward's story is proof of anything.:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

Hello NP,

The person I knew who was creating signs in The Superstitions knew a lot more than me about these things. I know he told me his father created the horse/priest map but he never told me why and why he he did what he did. He did tell me once that they were protecting something in Grapevine Canyon, he was no indian and just laughed when I asked him what was so important.

HE did say after a lot of drinks one evening the trail maps lead to Grapevine Canyon and many places. I never saw him again after that night. He did give me a Auburn football hat.

Tom

Hello NP,

The person I knew who was creating signs in The Superstitions knew a lot more than me about these things. I know he told me his father created the horse/priest map but he never told me why and why he he did what he did. He did tell me once that they were protecting something in Grapevine Canyon, he was no indian and just laughed when I asked him what was so important.

HE did say after a lot of drinks one evening the trail maps lead to Grapevine Canyon and many places. I never saw him again after that night. He did give me a Auburn football hat.

Tom

tom,thanks for sharing that information with me,thank you,np

Hello NP,

Tom

Tom,

Maybe it had something to do with Calalus.:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

NP,

I don't really think the world would be interested in my "theory", whichever one you are talking about. You are working hard on disseminating your "theory" on Spirit Mountain having some kind of connection to the LDM and the Peralta Stones, do you feel the world is anxiously awaiting more revelations?

You seem to take it personally that I am not impressed with the record that Bob Ward left behind. I understand that he was your friend, so you want everyone to think he was a really great guy. I don't take it personally that you don't think much of Tom. None of us are usually liked by everyone.

On the other hand, I do have a theory/opinion on a mission located at the base of the Superstitions. It's based on historical facts and the lack of any documentation that such a place ever existed in that location. I don't agree that Bob Ward's story is proof of anything.:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

it's not just Bob Ward's story about the mission, I have been there hundreds of times and I know other people who have been there. So to me it's not just a story if I saw it with my own eyes and so have others. Not all missions or visitas are listed. This one was exactly where I said it was. np

Last edited:
it's not just Bob Ward's story about the mission, I have been there hundreds of times and I know other people who have been there. So to me it's not just a story if I saw it with my own eyes and so have others. Not all missions or visitas are listed. This one was exactly where I said it was. np

NP,

Are you now saying the building was a Visita rather than a Mission?

What is your source in stating that "not all missions or visitas are listed"? Since you have been to the site "hundreds of times", do you have more pictures? If not, why not?

I am aware that others, like you, have repeated that story over the years. I believe the usual location for the mission, is by Queen Creek.

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper others like me,,you have never had the pleasure of meeting someone like me. from now on, since you've already had people besides myself give you the same information about the mission, or visita which you just stated, you have failed to answer a question about your theory, which i don't believe you have a valid theory. and truly dont care, You said the Dutchman had a placer claim on the Colorado River, but won't say where it's at. I dont care, I'm being polite by saying, unless you have something to say concerning my theory, please go toast your marshmellows and hot dogs. You're not wanted here. Again, you're a nuisance, I asked you not to be an agitater, you just keep repeating yourself. No one's home for you here. any more,I have not the time for you.np

Last edited:
Tom,

Maybe it had something to do with Calalus.:dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

The statement that Tom made has no credibility whatsoever and therefor has no ties to Calalus. Someone has pulled the wool over Tom's eyes and he has swallowed someone's bait...including hook, line and sinker.

Ping me Tom... you and I need to talk. NP, We need to get together for some coffee one of these days. Where are you located? I am here in Laveen, AZ.

Everybody,

We all should be aware of the McGee's article concerning the Stone Maps written a number of years ago (1977?) in a popular treasure magazine. Bernice and her husband did an awesome job of documenting many of the Stone Maps complexities. Of course they believed the Stone Maps to be a hoax and this is where my research has proven otherwise. The McGee’s had laid an excellent foundation and I would say that about 90% of their conclusions are correct. However, they were missing a number of very important clues. So, where do we go from here? Back to the basics my friends.
If you are unable to document what you say because you believe the credibility of others you will suffer a great and complete ruination. Believe only what YOU can prove to yourself.

I have worked with a number of very good archaeologists throughout the years and even they can be wrong...but not very often. I too have been wrong and will admit it, but I will persevere to my end. I want to see what you see NP. Show us your truths and let’s work together instead of against each other. History has taught us that most treasure hunters will go to their graves with the secrets that they keep. I know that we cannot trust everyone logged into this site as I for one share that very same fear.

We can all learn from each other even if we get our feathers ruffled now and then. We deal with it and move forward hoping we pick up something useful along the way.

Tomorrow is another day, hopefully above ground!

Ellie B

Ellie Baba, Have you read my theory from the beginning, not just the Hardy story that I just posted? I have explained why my search came to this area and have posted pictures. Not sure what else you mean by proof. It's a theory. I'm sharing, expecting people to disagree, but do not want what I have found to be lost. I did not expect to be arguing about the mission's existance just to make the rest of the theory possible. The mission did exist, as did others. My theory still holds for me. It challenges conventional thinking and that bothers some people that are vested in the Superstitions. No one has seen all of the proof of my theory. Some, as I said, I can't post due to copyright issues. I believe it enough to "say it out loud" by posting it here. People can go look at Spirit Mtn for themselves. There they can see most of the markers from the tablets. The tablets are simply directions, they don't say they lead to a treasure. They lead to a certain area, which, I don't believe is the Superstitions. I have already shown more proof than any one has shown to date concerning the tablets. This is something you just can't make up, like the huge markers in Spirit Mtn. Everyhing is in a concentrated area, it's not spread out over miles and miles. There's more involved in my theory than just the stone tablets. Do you have any specific questions about my theory? np

azhiker did you make it to ft.piute or that area.np

NP,

You will have to post your photographs from Facebook to this thread. I do not use Facebook for any reason due to the nature of Facebook. You only need to post the signs and symbols that you found in the Spirit Mountain area that match the signs on the Stone Maps. You have made the claim lets see the photographs. The pics should be posted here anyway as I would never read a book and go to another site to look at the photographs that belong within its pages.

Thanks NP,

Ellie B

Ellie B,
The pictures start on page 4 of this thread (April 6, 2013 posting). It would also help you understand my theory if you would go to the origional first post that started this thread. If you don't go back to where I started this thread you won't understand what we're talking about now. There is also a few other posts after the first long one that explain my discovery process further. Please comment once you have had a chance to look at this thread further. NP

Not Peralta

I meant how Hardy and his partener , when they went to the mine with their horses , in a week they could reach the Weavers Needle . What is so difficult to understand ?
Except if you mean how they did the trip from Hardyville to Spirit M. in a week . Maybe they slept very much .
If you believe how the stone maps don't lead to a treasure or to a mine , maybe lead to the Never Land ?

Marius

markmar if you could go see were they had to go you would understand,the stone maps do not mention treasure, gold,silveror the name peralta.np

Ellie B,
The pictures start on page 4 of this thread (April 6, 2013 posting). It would also help you understand my theory if you would go to the origional first post that started this thread. If you don't go back to where I started this thread you won't understand what we're talking about now. There is also a few other posts after the first long one that explain my discovery process further. Please comment once you have had a chance to look at this thread further. NP

NP,

First of all I am not here to put you down or criticize you. We are here to learn from each other. With that said I present my honest opinion. Anyone else interested in my experiences with the Stone Maps can join the conversation.

In answer to your post to me; I have read your theory and just reviewed the photographs. Thank you. The so called map you have identified is not a map. It is a petroglyph that can be identified with this Native American culture and they had no conception of even making a map.

In another post concerning the Mormon faith;

The Israelites always turned back to Baal, Molech and the Chaldean gods after turning their backs on the one true God. No evidence has ever been found to document that this group of Baja Indians ever worshipped any of the above mentioned gods. They were not a remnant of any tribe tied to Israel. Even the most educated Mormon friends I know in the LDM (which includes a number of Bishops) do not believe this story/legend.

My comments are (bracket)

NP stated:

I believe that the stone tablets were being delivered to the Mission that used to be located near the base of the Superstition Mountains off Peralta Road. Not many people know that this mission existed (there was never a mission located at this site or it would have been mentioned by the Church, Native Americans or the early pioneers, gold seekers, historians, etc.). I believe that a building once existed at this location but it was not a mission; there are no documents to prove otherwise.

NP stated: I believe it enough to "say it out loud" by posting it here. People can go look at Spirit Mountain for themselves. There they can see most of the markers from the tablets (your claim). The tablets are simply directions, (the directions specified by the tablets are not simple) they don't say they lead to a treasure (yes they do once the tablets have been properly decoded). They lead to a certain area, which, I don't believe is the Superstitions (wrong). I have already shown more proof than any one has shown to date concerning the tablets (your opinion).

Apparently you have never read all of my thread responses and statements located within this site.

Page 1 statement: Recently, while searching for a different treasure, I ran across numerous monuments (please define monument) and markers that match the stone tablets in a different set of mountains. Some of my pictures can be viewed on my FB page at Stone Tablets Peralta. I don't believe that Peralta had anything to do with the tablets. Nowhere on the tablets is there a mention of treasure, gold, silver or mines (is that a prerequisite?). The river is never named (does not need to be although it has two names). Whoever was delivering the tablets already knew the name of the river and was very knowledgeable of the area (true, however the stone tablets were created in the 1890’s). I have found many signs and symbols within a 2 mile radius all associated with the stone tablets (your opinion). This includes a river, a heart and a map in the valley below the heart (these formations were created by nature). This area has a lot of history, especially with gold and silver. The same cannot be said about the Superstitions (what can possibly be more famous than the Seven Cities of Gold?). I'm not even sure the tablets are a "treasure map", (I am 100% positive that they are) yet I do think they lead to something important to the right person(s). I am trying to change the conversation.

Ellie B

Thanks for your patience NP.

Ellia Baba,
I used the word monument to mean a "large stone", not specifically man made. I suppose "formation" is also a suitable word. The fact that they were "created by nature" makes them all the more important for use on a map.
Did you take the time to look at the map that is "squared-in" in one of the petroglyph photos? Most archeologists agree that not all of the petroglyphs in Grapevine Conyon are Native American. If you know anything about Spanish mining signs, you know by looking in this square that there are numerious Spanish mining signs. Spanish mining signs are definately NOT Native American.
[The reference to Baja was just interesting in light of one of your previous posts (Calalus?) and has nothing to do with my theory.]
I'm just offering an alternative theory to the stone tablets to people who are tired of going around in circles in the Superstition Mtns and finding nothing. And, YES, it is my opinion.
The mission existed img112.jpg and has been argued here for days (weeks). It was there, believe it or don't. It still doesn't change my theory or the fact that I believe that there is NOTHING to be found in the Superstition Mtns.
The Seven Cities of Gold? REALLY, in the Superstitions? All seven? What rock are they under? NP

NP,

I am glad that you have clarified your definition of a monument...those created by nature. The monuments that I am referring to were enhanced by the hands of man. I was wondering if we were on the same page. I must scan a few pages from a copy of a book that I have and post them here for you.

Better yet you can download it from Google Books: Search; Bulletin of the American Geographical Society New York 1854 Vol XL, Geo C Hurlbut. The Google Book link will not paste on this site.

Look for title in the Index for; Chichilticalli, by Samuel O.L. Potter, see page 257. It is very important that you read this eye witness account.

One can actually go to this area and witness this anomaly in person. I will need to compute the date and time for 2013, so let me know if you want to go to the area.This is one example of hundreds upon hundreds of monuments found in and around the Superstition Mountain Range. These monuments enhanced by the hands of man must be used in conjunction with the Stone Maps. The Seven Cities of Gold have been very well hidden. Laugh if you must. You cannot see the forest because of the trees. Frey Marcos knew what he was looking for and so did Father Kino. You must read between the lines my friend. The Stone Maps are far more important than anyone has dreamed! I am glad that we have met NP. Now, lets get together and talk over a cup of coffee. I will leave your thread at this time and Good Luck!

Without documentation concerning the mission you are pissing into the wind!

Ellie B

Last edited:
I can never understand why people post such raggedy-burroed pictures when it's such a small task to clear them up.....a little.

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back