Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

cactusjumper I will continue now, hardy founded hardyville az in 1864,hardy started a ferry crossing, and a toll road to prescott az,he owned a hotel,freight warehouse,store,a mill for stamping ore ,plus had a steamboat landing .and was very much into mining,he also owned a store in prescott,he was also in the territorial legislature for several terms, while at his store in hardyville, a group of mexican prospectors came to buy supplies,and ask directions,and wanted to cross the river on the ferry.business went on as usual for a couple months,then on one of the ferry crossings one of the mexican prospectors was found in bad shape,hardy took him back across the river and took care of him,while recovering after a week or so ,he told hardy that they were looking for a rich mine the spanish had been working and several of the spanish miners were killed,and the roof of the mine had fallen and killed a couple more,the spanish miners thought it was cursed,so they left and never returned.eventually there was a map handed down through this mexicans family and they decided to go look for it,after several weeks they found it .they moved a lot of dirt and rock,they found several spanish miners remains and buried them,he told hardy once they had cleared the mine they found stacks of gold rich quartz piled up in the mine,but every day they were there, something was not right,and there was strange noises, and at night they could even see things,eventually , his fellow miners all died mysteriously.he told hardy he was just glad to be alive.he had no intentions of ever going back ,and he gave the map to hardy, but warned him not to go there. a few days later the man returned back home,hardy never heard from him again.hardy sent a couple people to look for it, later they were found dead of natural causes on a trail,on one of his trips to prescott he had talked to a miner he knew from california about looking for this mine and wanted to know if he was interested,the miner from prescott came to hardyville and met with hardy,they worked out the details,and hardy sent another person with him.with some pack animals,it was winter so it was the best time to go.about six weeks later the man that hardy sent ,came back alone,told hardy they found the mine and several dead mexican's remains, he said it was a bad area ,he said that what hardy had told them about the mine was true,he said they loaded up what they could carry back on to the pack animals,but they hardly made a differance in what was stacked up,after they left the mine he was in the lead, and the other guy was following with the pack animals. it began to snow,after a couple miles he stopped,waited for the other guy to catch up,but he never did.he back tracked trying to find him, but it started snowing heavy,he give up hunting for the man ,and made his way back to hardy to tell him what happened.hardy and some other guys searched for the man ,but hardy didnt want anyone else to know were the mine was so he kept the men away from were the mine was ,as far as the men knew they were just looking for a lost prospector. after several months hardy and another person made the decisionto go to the mine ,they didnt take but one pack animal,after a week or so they reached the mine,they figured since they only took one pack animal,they would bust what gold they could out of the quartz to be able to carry more gold,he said it was the worst place for a mine he had ever seen,and also remarked about how much tailings there were,he said he would never go back ,the place was just like hell.after that he never did go back ,and more than likely destroyed the map, there's been several stories written about this in the early 1900,s my question is what or where did the man from prescott go with the gold? np
ps. this is the story that i was following when i started noticing markers that related to the stone tablets.

Last edited:
Where was Watlz's claim on the Colorado.
I have never heard of it or read on T-Net.

roadrunner, hope cactusjumper will tell us, i never heard of it either. np

Not Peralta

You wrote " after a week or so they reached the mine " .
From Hardyville , horseback on the road , if you traveling every day about 40 miles , in a week you can reach the Weavers Needle

Marius

Last edited:
Where was Watlz's claim on the Colorado.
I have never heard of it or read on T-Net.

RR & NP,

It's a story I heard many years ago from Ernie Provence. I may have also read it in an old book sometime in the distant past. That's two, possibly reliable, sources. It must be true, right?

On the other hand, there were some well known ties to Waltz who had claims on the Colorado River at.........

Here is one of the many old timers I was privilaged to listen and talk to:

NP,

Did you ever get a chance to visit him in his camp?

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:
Not Peralta,

I've been in grapevine canyon, about as far as you can get up the canyon. It is saturated with rock carvings. According to the archeologists, some of the oldest carvings are NOT native American indian. The Pai people did not just throw a dart at a map and it hit Spirit mountain so it became their mountain of creation. There was a definate reason they recognized Spirit mountain. Something was there so ancient to even themselves they could only understand it as the begining of everything. Archeologists are still trying to understand what went on on the mountain and in grapevine canyon. Mines litter both sides of the Colorado river at Spirit mountain and some date to before the first anglos even entered the area. A fascinating place to say the least !

Azhiker

Azhiker, NP, etal,

Do you have a copy of the Archaeolgical Report documenting the oldest carvings as not being Native Americans?

Archaeological Research Grapevine Canyon

Archeological research of rock shelters in the area indicates that the AhaMakav people (ancestors of the modern day Mohave peoples) and, perhaps, Southern Paiute people camped here periodically. Evidence indicates that the people camped in the shelters for a few days at a time while they were using the area. The shelters were used as early as AD 1100 and use continued into historic times.
Determining the exact age of the petroglyphs is difficult. Evidence from recent research projects indicates that the age of the etchings spans a time period from as recent as 150 – 200 years ago to more than 800 years ago.

NP, Azhiker, etal,

If you are one who is to specialize in the symbols of the Peralta Stone Maps you will also need to specialize in the field of the recognition of rock art types and forms. These two books are well worth the effort to read and understand. You will soon realize that the petroglyphs of Spirit Mountain and Grapevine Canyon have nothing in common with the Stone Maps. The Architects of the “Stone Maps” which includes the rock art related to these maps is ancient and quite complex and required a vast amount of knowledge. The Paleoindian period of early man has proven out to be the opposite; they were not educated in the secret knowledge of the Ancient Orient. They had no alphabet or number system.

A Guide to Rock Art Sites:
Southern California and Southern Nevada

David S Whitleyhttp://books.google.com/books/about/A_Guide_to_Rock_Art_Sites.html?id=zdP0ryJlZcMC
Mountain Press Publishing, 1996 - Social Science - 218 pages
This unique full-color field guide is essential for anyone who seeks to understand why shamans in the Far West created rock art and what they sought to depict. Whitley is on the cutting edge of dating and interpreting the images as well as describing the

A field guide to rock art symbols

2 Reviewshttp://books.google.com/books/about/A_field_guide_to_rock_art_symbols.html?id=nNSvh7UBB98C
Big Earth Publishing, 1992 - Social Science - 250 pages
This is the only specifically designed key to the interpretation of American rock art. The Field Guide brings together 600 commentaries on specific symbols by over 100 archaeologists, researchers, and Native American informants. Covers the northern states of Mexico to Utah and from California to Colorado.

NP,

Which symbols found on the Stone Maps did you discover in this area of Spirit Mountain? Can you provide any documentation?

Thank you in advance,

Ellie Baba

Ellie,

Thank you for the recommendations. I have some books on Native American rock art, but will add these.

You have asked if NP can provide any "documentation"...... I had no idea that was a requirement. If so, it would seem I have committed a serious faux pas with my story of Waltz's placer claim.:dontknow: I just assumed that simply presenting the story would be sufficient.:o

Hope all is well,

Joe

Last edited:
I spoke to Rick G about Ward last fall at the gathering. Interesting. Rick has one of Wards claims where the mission was located. He said there is a large target buried there yet to be dug. Big and deep. So he said.

Hi Frank,

Hope all is well with you and the family.

As you have probably seen, I am no fan of the mission story or, for that matter, Bob Ward.

As I understand it, the "Ward Cabin" was not Bob's at all. The cabin belonged, at one time, to a fellow named Adair. When Bob moved in, it's last occupant had been a man named deCook. The reason he was no longer there, was because he committed suicide. It may be that Ward purchased the cabin, but from what we have been told by NP, he had no money.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:
Not Peralta

You wrote " after a week or so they reached the mine " .
From Hardyville , horseback on the road , if you traveling every day about 40 miles , in a week you can reach the Weavers Needle

Marius

try a four wheeler.np

RR & NP,

It's a story I heard many years ago from Ernie Provence. I may have also read it in an old book sometime in the distant past. That's two, possibly reliable, sources. It must be true, right?

On the other hand, there were some well known ties to Waltz who had claims on the Colorado River at.........

Here is one of the many old timers I was privilaged to listen and talk to:

NP,

Did you ever get a chance to visit him in his camp?

Joe Ribaudo

why dont you tell us were the claim was.np

Azhiker, NP, etal,

Do you have a copy of the Archaeolgical Report documenting the oldest carvings as not being Native Americans?

Archaeological Research Grapevine Canyon

Archeological research of rock shelters in the area indicates that the AhaMakav people (ancestors of the modern day Mohave peoples) and, perhaps, Southern Paiute people camped here periodically. Evidence indicates that the people camped in the shelters for a few days at a time while they were using the area. The shelters were used as early as AD 1100 and use continued into historic times.
Determining the exact age of the petroglyphs is difficult. Evidence from recent research projects indicates that the age of the etchings spans a time period from as recent as 150 – 200 years ago to more than 800 years ago.
NP, Azhiker, etal,

If you are one who is to specialize in the symbols of the Peralta Stone Maps you will also need to specialize in the field of the recognition of rock art types and forms. These two books are well worth the effort to read and understand. You will soon realize that the petroglyphs of Spirit Mountain and Grapevine Canyon have nothing in common with the Stone Maps. The Architects of the “Stone Maps” which includes the rock art related to these maps is ancient and quite complex and required a vast amount of knowledge. The Paleoindian period of early man has proven out to be the opposite; they were not educated in the secret knowledge of the Ancient Orient. They had no alphabet or number system.

A Guide to Rock Art Sites:
Southern California and Southern Nevada

David S Whitleyhttp://books.google.com/books/about/A_Guide_to_Rock_Art_Sites.html?id=zdP0ryJlZcMC
Mountain Press Publishing, 1996 - Social Science - 218 pages
This unique full-color field guide is essential for anyone who seeks to understand why shamans in the Far West created rock art and what they sought to depict. Whitley is on the cutting edge of dating and interpreting the images as well as describing the

A field guide to rock art symbols

2 Reviewshttp://books.google.com/books/about/A_field_guide_to_rock_art_symbols.html?id=nNSvh7UBB98C
Big Earth Publishing, 1992 - Social Science - 250 pages
This is the only specifically designed key to the interpretation of American rock art. The Field Guide brings together 600 commentaries on specific symbols by over 100 archaeologists, researchers, and Native American informants. Covers the northern states of Mexico to Utah and from California to Colorado.

NP,

Which symbols found on the Stone Maps did you discover in this area of Spirit Mountain? Can you provide any documentation?

Thank you in advance,

Ellie Baba

thereis no connection with peralta,and the stone tablets,please show me the name peralta,on the stone tablets.at grapevine canyon I was only interested in a non native american map.but. yes people should study native art.there have been many studies of grapevine canyon,and at grapevine canyon the man made map is the only thing that has to do with the stone tablets,every thing else that has to do with the stone tablets,are natural formations of rock,which cannot be created by man. np

Last edited:
cactusjumper I will continue now, hardy founded hardyville az in 1864,hardy started a ferry crossing, and a toll road to prescott az,he owned a hotel,freight warehouse,store,a mill for stamping ore ,plus had a steamboat landing .and was very much into mining,he also owned a store in prescott,he was also in the territorial legislature for several terms, while at his store in hardyville, a group of mexican prospectors came to buy supplies,and ask directions,and wanted to cross the river on the ferry.business went on as usual for a couple months,then on one of the ferry crossings one of the mexican prospectors was found in bad shape,hardy took him back across the river and took care of him,while recovering after a week or so ,he told hardy that they were looking for a rich mine the spanish had been working and several of the spanish miners were killed,and the roof of the mine had fallen and killed a couple more,the spanish miners thought it was cursed,so they left and never returned.eventually there was a map handed down through this mexicans family and they decided to go look for it,after several weeks they found it .they moved a lot of dirt and rock,they found several spanish miners remains and buried them,he told hardy once they had cleared the mine they found stacks of gold rich quartz piled up in the mine,but every day they were there, something was not right,and there was strange noises, and at night they could even see things,eventually , his fellow miners all died mysteriously.he told hardy he was just glad to be alive.he had no intentions of ever going back ,and he gave the map to hardy, but warned him not to go there. a few days later the man returned back home,hardy never heard from him again.hardy sent a couple people to look for it, later they were found dead of natural causes on a trail,on one of his trips to prescott he had talked to a miner he knew from california about looking for this mine and wanted to know if he was interested,the miner from prescott came to hardyville and met with hardy,they worked out the details,and hardy sent another person with him.with some pack animals,it was winter so it was the best time to go.about six weeks later the man that hardy sent ,came back alone,told hardy they found the mine and several dead mexican's remains, he said it was a bad area ,he said that what hardy had told them about the mine was true,he said they loaded up what they could carry back on to the pack animals,but they hardly made a differance in what was stacked up,after they left the mine he was in the lead, and the other guy was following with the pack animals. it began to snow,after a couple miles he stopped,waited for the other guy to catch up,but he never did.he back tracked trying to find him, but it started snowing heavy,he give up hunting for the man ,and made his way back to hardy to tell him what happened.hardy and some other guys searched for the man ,but hardy didnt want anyone else to know were the mine was so he kept the men away from were the mine was ,as far as the men knew they were just looking for a lost prospector. after several months hardy and another person made the decisionto go to the mine ,they didnt take but one pack animal,after a week or so they reached the mine,they figured since they only took one pack animal,they would bust what gold they could out of the quartz to be able to carry more gold,he said it was the worst place for a mine he had ever seen,and also remarked about how much tailings there were,he said he would never go back ,the place was just like hell.after that he never did go back ,and more than likely destroyed the map, there's been several stories written about this in the early 1900,s my question is what or where did the man from prescott go with the gold? np
ps. this is the story that i was following when i started noticing markers that related to the stone tablets.

NP,

I will be happy to tell you the place on the Colorado River that I am talking about. That will quickly follow your telling us what your actual source was for the above post.
Got any names of the people in the story, other than Hardy?

Joe Ribaudo

Hi Frank,

Hope all is well with you and the family.

As you have probably seen, I am no fan of the mission story or, for that matter, Bob Ward.

As I understand it, the "Ward Cabin" was not Bob's at all. The cabin belonged, at one time, to a fellow named Adair. When Bob moved in, it's last occupant had been a man named deCook. The reason he was no longer there, was because he committed suicide. It may be that Ward purchased the cabin, but from what we have been told by NP, he had no money.

Take care,

Joe

yes,, someone did die in the cabin,then bob ward moved in to it,it did not belong to bob,it belonged to the rancher,that had the cattle lease,but you should know that,since you dont care,but keep bringing it up,im,still waiting to hear your theory,not your friends,and yes,, bob had no money,np

Last edited:
Joe I take everything Ward with a grain of salt. All is well and hope you are doing ok.

im sure he took every thing you said with a grain of salt, if you ever had any long conversations with him,which I doubt.np

yes,, someone did die in the cabin,then bob ward moved in to it,it did not belong to bob,it belonged to the rancher,that had the cattle lease,but you should know that,since you dont care,but keep bringing it up,im,still waiting to hear your theory,not your friends,np

NP,

I realize you have asked for my theory many times, but I am unsure what theory you are asking about. Could you be more specific?

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

Ellie,

Thank you for the recommendations. I have some books on Native American rock art, but will add these.

You have asked if NP can provide any "documentation"...... I had no idea that was a requirement. If so, it would seem I have committed a serious faux pas with my story of Waltz's placer claim.:dontknow: I just assumed that simply presenting the story would be sufficient.:o

Hope all is well,

Joe

you still have not told the world your theory,,and if you dont want to talk about bob ward, or his cabin, or the mission,,then stop,tell the world your expert theory.np

Last edited:
NP,

I will be happy to tell you the place on the Colorado River that I am talking about. That will quickly follow your telling us what your actual source was for the above post.
Got any names of the people in the story, other than Hardy?

Joe Ribaudo

Yes, i do, but you're too busy worrying about Bob's cabin and the mission and the dutchman's claim on the Colorado River that I don't confuse you with too many details all at one time. np

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back