Do the Stone Tablets lead to somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns?

Somero:argue::director:,as far as I know, I do not have any enemies ,and I always agree to disagree.:cat:

On March 28, 2013 at 8:24pm, I started this thread "Do the Stone Tablets lead somewhere OTHER than the Superstition Mtns" under the name Not Peralta.

For a year and a half I've been trying to offer clues to an age-old mystery.
Our discussions have gone far afield and at times has gone off track.
The title of this thread has meaning as does the name I chose to post under.
After all that has been said, what destinations do you think this thread is leading you to?

The mystery and the answer behind this is deeper than we all could have imagined.
I enjoyed this journey and was glad to share it. np:cat:

Not Peralta

It must be hard to have all that wonderful information and clues credited to a fictional person instead of posted to your real name so you can be credited for all the help you gave others in there search.:icon_scratch:

Wrmickel1

In the past there was a burro migration through the supe's at least once a year of at least 75 burro's or more, just wondered if any one had photo's, np:cat:
ps. I was not talking about the one at dons camp in oct. or the one from oct thru april every year . just wanted to be more specific. np:cat:

I have seen A lot of burro types, but not in the Sup's, does that still count... 8-) :cross:

PS, Wish to be smart enough, to have a "Real Conversation" ...

Last edited:
Crosse De Sign, yes it still counts, any burro migration is a good one no matter were its at , thank you. np:cat:

may you all have a safe and good holiday weekend,np:cat:

has anyone ever investigated the burro migration trail through the supe's, they only use one trail, do you know where it starts and ends, and over time where did the burro's originate,
I bring this up because it could be a very important clue in locating past mining operations in the supe's. np:cat:

When Jacob Waltz was going to and from his supposed rich mine, what was he riding, a horse, a mule, or burro, these are very important questions.
If he was riding a horse or mule did he also have a pack animal, were did he keep them, its a curious question, because in that time period there were some really good trackers, and if anyone of these trackers knew the story of the rich mine, they would never need to try and follow the Dutchman, they would just track his animals later, and in that terrain it would have been very easy. Ive never heard this mentioned at all. is there any factual documentation on what kind of live stock he had. If lone prospectors or groups of other people were attacked by Indians the Indians would either eat or utilize the livestock, or if the livestock were scattered they would eventually keep running or return to something that was very familiar to them. these are very important things to consider,for a lot of reasons. np:cat:

When Jacob Waltz was going to and from his supposed rich mine, what was he riding, a horse, a mule, or burro, these are very important questions.
If he was riding a horse or mule did he also have a pack animal, were did he keep them, its a curious question, because in that time period there were some really good trackers, and if anyone of these trackers knew the story of the rich mine, they would never need to try and follow the Dutchman, they would just track his animals later, and in that terrain it would have been very easy. Ive never heard this mentioned at all. is there any factual documentation on what kind of live stock he had. If lone prospectors or groups of other people were attacked by Indians the Indians would either eat or utilize the livestock, or if the livestock were scattered they would eventually keep running or return to something that was very familiar to them. these are very important things to consider,for a lot of reasons. np:cat:

Not Peralta

Jacob's mule, Mr. Bo-jangles never left tracks cause he did the old soft shoe!:laughing7:

Wrmickel1

I would really like to hear a discussion on this subject. thank you. np:cat:

I will check with my speedometer tommorrow.
My work yard is at 16th street and baseline.
2 miles south of the salt right below Waktzs old property.
As I recall though, it is about 32 miles from my yard, to the stop light that ends at the base of the supes.
By silly mountain road.
This is a straight shot down baseline,due East,then a mile jog to highway 60, then a straight shot to the supes and AJ.

You raise a good point. Aren't the Superstitions 40 miles or more from downtown Phoenix? That's a long walk carrying supplies.

I am very glad to see people getting into this conversation. thank you. np:cat:

I don't have the information in front of me, but I believe there are some documents (census or property tax records?) that imply Waltz had at least one mule in the 1870 time frame.

Personally I think it's a moot point to try to figure out definitively whether he had 1 mule, 2 mules, a horse or a Jeep Wrangler since it's probably impossible to confirm with absolute certainty.

What I DO find interesting (and it HAS been discussed many times on various forums and in personal discussions) is why it seems like it was such a difficult thing to "track" Waltz to his mine? That's always been one of the biggest red flags to me about the whole story. Prospectors and "outdoorsmen" back then were pretty savy because their lives literally depended on it. There were no hikers back then, and probably not many people who explored in those mountains, so not a lot of people who left tracks (person or mule for that matter).

Personally my guess is not very many people ever actually tried to follow him into the mountains and that few people knew or believed he had a source of gold. I'll bet at least some (if not most) of those stories of following him were just "yarns" made up to be interesting stories.

Paul,

If Waltz's gold mine in the Superstitions were well known prior to his death, I believe it would have been written up in the local newspapers. When you consider the mundane stories that they commonly wrote up, it seems obvious they were starved for news.

Personally, I attribute most of the stories we take as gospel today to the "Hell I Was There" syndrome.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:
cubfan64. for dutch hunters that are serious about their research.this could be of help, if not I would never have mentioned it.
you would take your jeep wrangler places that you wouldn't take your favorite family car. if the Dutchman only took a horse in the mnts then chances were he did not travel in very rough terrain to his mine,but if he traveled by mule he knew the terrain was rough and the only way he was going to get there was by mule, also which one travels better with less water, I think an experienced person with a secret agenda would have planned this out very well, especially if he thought people were following him. people are creatures of habit, no one is beyond being followed.
this will give mine hunters different advantages to know exactly what kind of terrain this man was traveling to get to his mine. this is the reason this is a good conversation to have.np:cat:

Ok,I was sent on a service call with my personal vehicle on my way home from the office so I could not get an accurate mileage.
But, using GE, from the salt river, at 16th street,as the crow flies, from that spot to the edge of the main superstition mountain, it is 34.57 miles.
I will get an accurate reading from my speedo tomorrow on my way home from work.
Cant do it the morning as I have a few places to stop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back