What should the Laginas do next?

Iā€™m coming to the conclusion that Rick and Marty have no real interest in the mystery other than to make money, and are play-acting their roles as ā€˜believerā€™ and ā€˜skepticā€™. I also reckon that theyā€™ve relinquished control to Prometheus and History (selling their souls to the devil for dollars) which is why weā€™re being fobbed off with Templars and all the associated pseudohistory.

As observed in this thread, perhaps the best thing they can do is press on with this nonsense until the revenue stream dries up. What Iā€™d then like to see them do, having ditched History, is to get real and get serious, and encourage research, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s going to happen.

In my view, Oak Island thinking is in a rut - it's lost its way - and unless they, and all interested, get out of that rut I donā€™t think weā€™ll ever get to the point of saying, ā€œyes, they finished the job - there is nothing left to do.ā€
They already know there's nothing there relative to treasure and that there likely never was.

My understanding a man told his son there was a treasure There :tongue3: that he saw men burying something there one night

The Son Grew up and Insisted his Father wouldn't Lie to Him ?

Maybe a way to get a Lazy son to Dig a New Crapper :laughing7:

Last edited:

another Tale:​

The Montreal Star​

Mon, Aug 15, 1910 Ā·Page 18
000aaa.jpg

My understanding a man told his son there was a treasure There :tongue3: that he saw men burying something there one night

The Son Grew up and Insisted his Father wouldn't Lie to Him ?

Maybe a way to get a Lazy son to Dig a New Crapper :laughing7:
OK.... Gotta be much more than just that Jeff. And nobody buried "something" 100 ft. deep there "one night". A "man" said there was a treasure there....?

NEXT.....

What should the Laginas do next?​

Anything but what they are currently doing.
They never had T.V. personalities anyway and the show does not hinge on them personally IMO...
it hinges on what is .. has been... or might be found... only.

They talk more during the show than doing it... and that bores the crap outta me if the person is not interesting to begin with... or at least not like molasses in the winter / bumps on a log so to speak.

The slower they crawl = more shows = more money.
As long as the sales pitch each time keeps em tuning in...
They will milk it for as long as people tune in and ratings remain high.

Last edited:
another tale.. I Never Heard the Rowed to the Island Bit. as I Said I heard the Father Story.

The Earliest Owners of Oak Island​

Most reports credit discovery of the islandā€™s ā€œMoney Pit,ā€ the focal point of the treasure hunt, as having occurred in 1795, when teenager Daniel McGinnis and two friends rowed to the island for a little exploration and came across a large depression in the ground. McGinnis thought this unusual-looking area signaled a pirate treasure hiding place. Mahone Bay, after all, had been a notorious pirate haven during the 17th and early 18th centuries.

According to Oā€™Connor, the teens uncovered a shaft, and as they continued to dig, came across oak logs, flagstones and wooden platforms placed at 10-foot intervals. "They had launched what would become the world's longest and most expensive treasure hunt," Oā€™Connor writes.
https://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island/articles/what-is-the-history-of-oak-island

Crow is right above he mentions that there are modern day treasures that people ignore. I posted on the shipwreck section that I had found a ship full of treasure and needed someone to help me find out the name of the ship, two people suggested someone. Now if you were a real treasure hunter with a lot of resources wouldn't you have at least asked about it? 22 bronze cannon 28 iron ones. Other indicators that it might rival the Atocha. Would take a coffer dam to get to it. It's on land!

another tale.. I Never Heard the Rowed to the Island Bit. as I Said I heard the Father Story.

The Earliest Owners of Oak Island​

Most reports credit discovery of the islandā€™s ā€œMoney Pit,ā€ the focal point of the treasure hunt, as having occurred in 1795, when teenager Daniel McGinnis and two friends rowed to the island for a little exploration and came across a large depression in the ground. McGinnis thought this unusual-looking area signaled a pirate treasure hiding place. Mahone Bay, after all, had been a notorious pirate haven during the 17th and early 18th centuries.

According to Oā€™Connor, the teens uncovered a shaft, and as they continued to dig, came across oak logs, flagstones and wooden platforms placed at 10-foot intervals. "They had launched what would become the world's longest and most expensive treasure hunt," Oā€™Connor writes.
https://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island/articles/what-is-the-history-of-oak-island
So an "author" put this together according to what he heard, believed and was told. And TEENS dug down 10 ft.... multiple times according to an author....? Does any of that make sense at all. I can't imagine any teens back then or NOW..... even digging a 10 ft. deep hole.... and doing it multiple times! And this includes GROWN MEN who would have taken part back originally.

See I believe this whole story has turned into a what, wish and desire of a treasure because of a tale being elevated by an author then and others since. And the legend / myth continues..... and WHY...?

What was EVER discovered to drive men to dig so much now..... OR better yet.... WHEN IT WAS POSSIBLY BURIED ORIGINALLY.

What they should have done is what they mentioned day 1. Start sinking small incremental shafts, lined and linked via plumbing and once the area around the where they think the treasure shaft is start pumping liquid nitrogen into the shafts and systematically freeze the ground around the suspected treasure shaft. once froze start excavating the core of the area. If the ground is frozen then the flood shafts are plugged by ice. Just a thought, annnnd they have the funds for it

What they should have done is what they mentioned day 1. Start sinking small incremental shafts, lined and linked via plumbing and once the area around the where they think the treasure shaft is start pumping liquid nitrogen into the shafts and systematically freeze the ground around the suspected treasure shaft. once froze start excavating the core of the area. If the ground is frozen then the flood shafts are plugged by ice. Just a thought, annnnd they have the funds for it
Agreed.... Buy my original concern is WHY IN THE HELL WOULD GROWN MEN DIG SO DEEP.... ENGINEER FLOOD TUNNELS and walk away. If they couldn't recover the treasure themselves later why the 100 ft dig and effort. Just throw it off the ship and go on home....! What's wrong with 10 ft, clean your hands and sail on....?

None of what's been written, filmed or hyped makes any common sense. Especially the overseas visits by the brothers to spin a new narrative.

Last edited:
Oak Island is just like every other treasure tale, no actual prior evidences required, just the imaginations of men. To date there is no actual evidences and there never was any. BUT, tales of treasure capture the imagination which is why so many have been "fabricated" over the years.

So what, someone found an item that shouldn't be there. Guess what, items get human legs and travel. They have found pieces of 8 up on the Great Lakes and even in my home reiver, so are we to conclude that rich Spanish Galleons abound? No, of course not..............unless it can sell newspapers and books, or become the foundation of a popular TV show, etc.............:laughing7:

Last edited:
Agreed.... Buy my original concern is WHY IN THE HELL WOULD GROWN MEN DIG SO DEEP.... ENGINEER FLOOD TUNNELS and walk away. If they couldn't recover the treasure themselves later why the 100 ft dig and effort. Just throw it off the ship and go on home....! What's wrong with 10 ft, clean your hands and sail on....?

Putting on a "Curse of Oak Island" tall tale hat - of course, that proves that it's something of such great value that it had to be so secure that it could be retrieved only after the human race had advanced enough to be deserving - such as the Ark of the Covenant.

Again.... WHO said there's a treasure buried on Oak Island and why was it believed...?

ANYONE...?
Circumstancial evidence ?

Accept that there were indeed platforms 10 ft apart in a shaft. This means...
1) Somebody was down there.
2) There was a reason to fill the hole back in. WHY DO THAT ?

(Cue ominous music-darth Vader voice)
"THIS IS THE MYSTERY OF OAK ISLAND"

Circumstancial evidence ?

Accept that there were indeed platforms 10 ft apart in a shaft. This means...
1) Somebody was down there.
2) There was a reason to fill the hole back in. WHY DO THAT ?

(Cue ominous music-darth Vader voice)
"THIS IS THE MYSTERY OF OAK ISLAND"
No there wasnā€™t. The ā€œoak platformsā€ were just another tall tale (similar to the fake 90 foot stone) used to attract investors in an attempt to recoup money lost in pursuing a fairy tale.

No there wasnā€™t. The ā€œoak platformsā€ were just another tall tale (similar to the fake 90 foot stone) used to attract investors in an attempt to recoup money lost in pursuing a fairy tale.
I ask these past few questions on a few posts because it just seems illogical to debate this and that and the what now without understanding if any of it is warranted...?

If you could just get 10 logical folks at a table and start from the beginning and leave authors, treasure hunters, reporters and hearsay out of it I bet a single conclusion would come forth. But that would ruin everything about Oak Island.

What has actually ever been found supporting evidence that a big treasure awaits some finder?

And I'm NOT talking about old relics found all over proving folks lived there. Or, proof sailing ships arrived at island. Got it..! I'd bet that's true all up and down that coastal area. After all that digging with filled in holes.... What was really actually EVER found...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back