What should the Laginas do next?

True, I never did buy into any of it. But they've made their money by other means, so, I guess there really was a hidden treasure there.......:laughing7:

When I was kid, I was enthralled about the money pit story. Who wouldn't be? It was a boys own adventure yarn about digging for treasure. It was my very first encounter with a treasure legend. I was on the other side of globe.

As my life went on I went into mining exploration industry and over time became more and more involved in researching such legends. I look back and cringe at some of beliefs I had back then. But as life moved on, I learned from those mistakes and I am not ashamed I made them all. I learned you be ruthless and clinical with these stories.

I saw many people delude themselves and destroy marriages, their lives and lose everything chasing illusionary treasure. Treasure legends as I have said are hard beast to tame, time and time again. Many as I have said numerous times are nothing but legends. Others have some truth to them and there are others that are real deal.

Knowing which ones are worth the effort? Comes down to one thing? Sound research that there is a treasure there to begin with.

Oak island is an example on what not to do!

Crow

When I was kid, I was enthralled about the money pit story. Who wouldn't be? It was a boys own adventure yarn about digging for treasure. It was my very first encounter with a treasure legend. I was on the other side of globe.

As my life went on I went into mining exploration industry and over time became more and more involved in researching such legends. I look back and cringe at some of beliefs I had back then. But as life moved on, I learned from those mistakes and I am not ashamed I made them all. I learned you be ruthless and clinical with these stories.

I saw many people delude themselves and destroy marriages, their lives and lose everything chasing illusionary treasure. Treasure legends as I have said are hard beast to tame, time and time again. Many as I have said numerous times are nothing but legends. Others have some truth to them and there are others that are real deal.

Knowing which ones are worth the effort? Comes down to one thing? Sound research that there is a treasure there to begin with.

Crow
Agree 100%! So many people want to believe, make themselves believe, actually work at making themselves believe, all the while ignoring all of those contrary evidences. Been there, done that!

Keep wandering around Oak island.... it's made them rich!
Holy grail, blind frogs....DB cooper's hidden stash...I would look for whatever for the money they make!

NOVA SCOTIA, CANADA: The premiere of 'The Curse of Oak Island' Season 11 is just around the corner, and according to Distractify, the cast members of the show are paid around $100,000 per episode. Every season of the show has more than 20 episodes which means that the brothers, Rick and Marty Lagina, must have earned around $2 million each season.

Last edited:
And the most well known are the least likely to be unfound.
I don't want to be a cheerleader for the show - got no dog in this fight. I will never be getting a piece of the action, ya know?
But I am still curious, and yes, fascinated by the hunt.
I learned some things, mostly methods for searching underground without going there yourself.
And some respect for the Laginas. Do you know how bat-s$#& crazy it is to dig in a sinkhole?
So I will continue to watch.

Crow
I read the book when I was old enough to comprehend the written language. We were fresh into metal detecting, bottle digging, antiques.
Ya the first book on OI was a boy's dream book.
But then the adults explained the truth-a book to recover the expenses of searching for this.

Yet the armchair viewer clicks on the channel episodes, which generates ratings, which generates AD revenue, which generates another season of BS.

(Disclaimer-I'm very proud to say I haven't watched a whole episode on the fake History channel yet)

I read the book when I was old enough to comprehend the written language. We were fresh into metal detecting, bottle digging, antiques.
Ya the first book on OI was a boy's dream book.
But then the adults explained the truth-a book to recover the expenses of searching for this.

Yet the armchair viewer clicks on the channel episodes, which generates ratings, which generates AD revenue, which generates another season of BS.

(Disclaimer-I'm very proud to say I haven't watched a whole episode on the fake History channel yet)
History Channel? You mean that non-reality reality TV Channel.......:laughing7:

History Channel? You mean that non-reality reality TV Channel.......:laughing7:
I realized that over a decade ago when we cut the cable.
Quote from a guy that was one of the main stars on a detecting reality show.
"I had to carry the "f,ing cannonball" around all day, bury it, (they would shoot the scene)dig it up, repeat." :BangHead:
(In reality he's a very successful detectorist-2 dozen gold coins)

That series didn't get too far either, 1 or 2 seasons.

It's sad but this crap shines a bad light on the whole world of discovering history and the folks the recover, and save bits and pieces of it.

The viewership that sit there has this unrealistic view point of detector + shovel = $$$.

Just a few weeks back someone asked me about this show.
"Total BS, never watched it nor would waist my time"

Last edited:
Those brothers and the team have got to be laughing their asses off behind closed doors. I bet they have a blast sitting around and thinking of ways to keep "spinning" the search in different directions and get paid for it.

What logical group of men would WANT to bring a "treasure" across the ocean and bury it 100 ft. with flood tunnels? If you have no intent to recover just through it off the ship while crossing the ocean. Once it's underground nobody knows the difference if it's 3 ft. down or 100 ft. 100 ft. makes no logical sense what so ever let alone an entire group of men taking part in doing so.

Those brothers are milking a "treasure" alright and doing it very well. And if they ever do find the elusive big treasure they seek you won't see it revealed on TV. The world will already know the news.

The Main Event : The Treasure Buried at Impossible depths
on a Small waterlogged Island, No Less :laughing7:notwithstanding.
I Enjoyed Watching to see What real treasures They may Detect on the Island.

But when "bobbydazzler" :tongue3:
Dug a Railroad Spike & Insisted it was a ships Nail ,
Because the Truth didn't fit the narrative , I Was Done !

Haven't even watched 2 seconds Since

Last edited:
The Main Event : The Treasure Buried at Impossible depths
on a Small waterlogged Island, No Less :laughing7:notwithstanding.
I Enjoyed Watching to see What real treasures They may Detect on the Island.

But when "bobbydazzler" :tongue3:
Dug a Railroad Spike & Insisted it was a ships Nail ,
Because the Truth didn't fit the narrative , I Was Done !

Haven't even watched 2 seconds Since
Who is "bobby dazzler"? :laughing7:

I'm probably the only one that doesn't:dontknow:

I realized that over a decade ago when we cut the cable.
Quote from a guy that was one of the main stars on a detecting reality show.
"I had to carry the "f,ing cannonball" around all day, bury it, (they would shoot the scene)dig it up, repeat." :BangHead:
(In reality he's a very successful detectorist-2 dozen gold coins)

That series didn't get too far either, 1 or 2 seasons.

It's sad but this crap shines a bad light on the whole world of discovering history and the folks the recover, and save bits and pieces of it.

The viewership that sit there has this unrealistic view point of detector + shovel = $$$.

Just a few weeks back someone asked me about this show.
"Total BS, never watched it nor would waist my time"
I myself have had similar experiences with them.....they demand the fabrication of drama.

I guess I set up this thread wrong.
I was thinking that it seems the Lagina's treasure hunting fever is dying down, but they started with plans on where they were going to hunt and how they were going to hunt.
And I think they finished those things.
So...
Before they sail off into the sunset, what should they do that we can say "yes, they finished the job - there is nothing left to do."
Backseat driving is a lot of fun 😊.
I’m coming to the conclusion that Rick and Marty have no real interest in the mystery other than to make money, and are play-acting their roles as ‘believer’ and ‘skeptic’. I also reckon that they’ve relinquished control to Prometheus and History (selling their souls to the devil for dollars) which is why we’re being fobbed off with Templars and all the associated pseudohistory.

As observed in this thread, perhaps the best thing they can do is press on with this nonsense until the revenue stream dries up. What I’d then like to see them do, having ditched History, is to get real and get serious, and encourage research, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

In my view, Oak Island thinking is in a rut - it's lost its way - and unless they, and all interested, get out of that rut I don’t think we’ll ever get to the point of saying, “yes, they finished the job - there is nothing left to do.”

I myself have had similar experiences with them.....they demand the fabrication of drama.
yea I had a TV News crew tell me to Fake a find for their Camera back in 2001. they expected gold every dig, or at least on Demand ! :( I Of course Ignored them. :(

Last edited:
Tap into the government sattelites, they have sattelites that can see precious metals through the ground. If there is such a large concentration of silver / gold, it would save a lot of time & money.
Agreed. Now if that's possible I'd assume that has already been done whether the brothers asked for it or not. And if it was done and it showed a large deposit I'd bet the Canadian Govt. would find a way to take over it's recovery from the brothers.

One credit they have proven conclusively there is no treasure there. Any other conclusion is just all wishful thinking.
Why is it assumed that because they’ve found no treasure on Oak Island there’s necessarily no treasure present? They’ve simply proved that there’s no treasure where they’ve been looking. Many interested in the mystery feel that the Money Pit is an unlikely place for a treasure to be deposited. In this case, why couldn’t it be somewhere else on the island?

You comment on the need for research, and that they’re not doing any, so isn’t that what they need to be doing? Why is it assumed that the assessments of the sources and evidence conducted to date are at all adequate and that there’s no need to do more?

I’ve observed elsewhere that the job really needs to be done again but this time objectively. Much has been missed due to prejudice and historical presentism - specifically, judging thinking in the past based on current thinking.

It’s not known if there is, or ever was, a treasure on Oak Island, but it has become the subject of a treasure hunt. This being the case then it should be treated like a treasure hunt and researched as such. The key word is research. You don’t decide upon an answer before doing the research or ensuring that such research that has been undertaken is adequate.

Over the years, something potentially highly significant has been missed by people skimping on assessments of the Oak Island sources and by introducing personal bias. There is, indeed, evidence of a potential deposit on Oak Island, but nobody has been bothered to apply their minds to extracting it.

Research is hard work, and nobody said this would be easy. The saddest aspect is that on limited and misdirected assessments people have convinced themselves that there’s no treasure on Oak Island and, so, would summarily dismiss any evidence that a deposit had at least been planned if not executed.

This is the riskiest aspect of deciding that you know the answer before you know that all the work that needs to be undertaken has been performed. There’s still work to be done on the sources, but nobody wants to do it or even to assess what's been potentially overlooked - what's been missed or ignored - including the Laginas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back