True Spelling

Oro,

"My friend Lamar you do seem have a penchant for making SWEEPING statements, which are so inviting to ‘pick apart’. You do not really mean what I am getting from this post do you? Have you read anything of the trade networks and routes of pre-Columbian America? If you have, how can you make the conclusion that emeralds from Colombia are “too far away” to have ended up in Mexico? Would you like me to post some online examples of maps and articles on pre-Columbian trade networks and routes?"

Well......When you're right.....you're right.

"Just wanted to clarify that emeralds reported found by Coronado and other early Spanish explorers in Mexico were not “spurious” nor figments of their imagination, but had originated in distant Colombia."

Another correct statement. You are on a run, my friend.

Take care,

Joe

Dear cactusjumper;
By all means, my friend, please feel free to provide proof positive that those emeralds described in Coronados' letter to Mendoza came from Colombia, and at the same time, please provide incontroversial proof of the pre-Columbian trade routes. I made a statement that the emeralds which supposedly came from the Aztec empire in all reality came from Columbia and Venezuela. The Spanish Conquistadors knew this fact full well and they were trying to tell the noblity of Spain something which just wasn't true.

This started centuries of speculation that Mexcio had fabulous lost or hidden emerald mines. By the mid 1950s, Mexico sub-strata had been completely mapped by petroleum exploration teams, and NO substantial beryl deposits had been discovered, nor had any lost or hiddengold or silver mines been rediscovered as yet. Virtually every square inch of Mexicos' vast sub-strata has been explored in the quest for black gold and natural gas and the methods employed have been costly in terms of technology used, manpower and time expendures.

I made a statement that emeralds are not native to Mexico in viable commercial quantities and so now, because Coronado was trying to pull the wool over Ferdinand and Isabellas' eyes, I make sweeping statements? The emeralds did not come to Mexico via Columbia by pre-Columbian traders, they came to Mexcio by the Conquistadors. The Conquistadors didn't even bother accquiring the stones then having them mounted in Aztec jewelry, rather they took manufactured native Colombian jewlery and then tried to pass it off as being from the Aztec empire. What they were doing was simple. They were lying to the noblity of Spain in roder to recieve greater funding. I've mentioned many times in the past that the Conquistadors were men of disreputable characters and this holds quite true. What the Conquistadors did has been known about for years.

If you feel that colorless beryl is not generally referred to as common beryl then I might suggest you take up your argument with the GIA.

The livre ceased to exist after 1667 and the franc became the official monetary unit of France, after which the livre enjoyed a short revival until the franc once more totally abolished the lived in 1795. Look it up for yourself my friend.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Good Morning Lamar: You posted -->

and NO substantial beryl deposits had been discovered, nor had any lost or hiddengold or silver mines been rediscovered as yet. Virtually every square inch of Mexicos' vast sub-strata has been explored in the quest for black gold and natural gas and the methods employed have been costly in terms of technology used, manpower and time expendures
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can't possibly be serious. I would suggest redoing your research my friend.

Don Jose de La Mancha

i got to agree with real de ... i look threw well over 100,000 picture taken in the supersititions and the two sites i was looking for were not seen in any of those photos . yet i know for a fact they are there ...because i have pictures of them .

Greetings Lamar and everyone,
Lamar wrote:
By the mid 1950s, Mexico sub-strata had been completely mapped by petroleum exploration teams, and NO substantial beryl deposits had been discovered, nor had any lost or hiddengold or silver mines been rediscovered as yet. Virtually every square inch of Mexicos' vast sub-strata has been explored in the quest for black gold and natural gas and the methods employed have been costly in terms of technology used, manpower and time expendures.

Lamar my friend, I give up. If this is not a 'sweeping statement' then I must not be able to identify one. Your statements put myself into a position of having to post more 'proofs' to refute your statements, which I fear may be taken as some kind of personal attack when nothing of the kind is intended. I would suggest that you research this matter a bit more, however if you are already satisfied that you have done all the research you need to arrive at the conclusions you have, who am I to suggest otherwise? I do respectfully disagree with you on a number of points including these statements you posted, however I value friendship more than "winning" some argument in a forum so will not respond to these statements.

Good luck and good hunting to you Lamar and everyone, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.

your friend,
Oroblanco

wow , am i glad i delited that reply before i posted it ,,, you must be right Oro .lol i should have made copy of that one and pm it to everyone ... lol

HOLA Ed and everyone,

I think I might have "killed" this thread by not answering a previous post; I did not intend that the discussion should cease and apologize for having posted something that seems to have made our friends stop posting.

That is an interesting site Ed, I am not much into poetry, but a certain few I do very much enjoy (Rob. Service, Homer etc) and that site does have some of that ilk.

I wonder if anyone has ever written a poem about famous Tayopa?

Oroblanco

Real de Tayopa

Tayopa lay resting behind the veil, It's legend grew to quite a tale.

Searchers came from far and wide, but the Jesuit treasure continued to hide.

Jose appeared from out of the mist, his mind held the map that could not miss.

For years he fought to make it his prize, but it stood protected by a thousand lies.

The door creaks loudly as he pushes it back, he peers inside and his smile cracks,

The bones of the padres are piled inside, they crumble to dust as if trying to hide.

Jose is in awe as he gazes at their treasure, the souls of the natives too many to measure.

The Jesuits had mined this land too well, their leaving had opened the gateway to hell.

He steps back in fear and closes the door, leaving Tayopa and its souls, to return no more.

Joe Ribaudo

time has taken you ,
will it ever give you back ...
how i wonder where you are...
hiden near or hiden far
how i wonder where you are ....
is time all we lack
who will find you .
where and when
there and then
who will find you .
i can only ask
will they ever give you back
or will they never confess.
.even on the rack..

Now WHO would have thought, that among such a group of grizzled desert rats, we would find POETS? :o Perhaps there is much more to a treasure-hunter's heart than gold or silver?

I am impressed gentlemen, and never would have guessed this.

Oroblanco

There once was a man from Nantucket.... "oops, wrong subject matter" :)

there once was a man from Nantucket, who...... for a hat, used a bucket.

His barn was a mess, so he cleaned it, I guess.

Now his head smells quite bad, for he was not a bright lad, and used his bucket to muck it.

BURMA SHAVE......BURMA SHAVE......BURMA SHAVE. :D

The Burma Shave dates me somewhat. ;)

Joe Ribaudo

Blindbowman wrote:
we sing and dance to ,,, LoL

I don't know exactly why, but this instantly brings to mind a vivid image of Monty Python's "the Lumberjack song"..... :o ;D :D ;)

Burma Shave...I remember seeing Burma Shave signs, but not since I was a kid. If you can remember those little 'ditties' Joe, you ought to write them down for posterity before they are lost forever, some were pretty funny like the one you shared.

Oroblanco

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman wrote:

I don't know exactly why, but this instantly brings to mind a vivid image of Monty Python's "the Lumberjack song"..... :o ;D :D ;)

Burma Shave...I remember seeing Burma Shave signs, but not since I was a kid. If you can remember those little 'ditties' Joe, you ought to write them down for posterity before they are lost forever, some were pretty funny like the one you shared.

Oroblanco

Just for you Oro...

Cubfan64 said:
Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman wrote:

Oroblanco

Just for you Oro...

10 piont for cub . i love that shit dude ...

Roy,

Can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. All I can remember about the signs is: Burma Shave....

Looked forward to finding them as we went down the road.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back